Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points San Diego, CA 2005 onward (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points San Diego, CA 2005 onward (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
dump, dump, dump.

I would never stay here again.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I just received a call from a representative of the hotel to enquire about the refund of points. I told them that everything is resolved.

Literally 30 minutes later, I received another call, by the same representative to enquire on the same matter. I was like, you know that you just called me 30 minutes ago right?

She did mention my name on both phone calls. Now let's wait for the third phone call.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Still the same, good and bad

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

8110 Aero Dr San Diego, CA US 92123

Still the same, good and bad (0 Photo)

Spent a few nights here last week and was satisfied for the price. Hotel has many good and bad points, but overall it met my needs. The room was cramped but well appointed, staff was friendly and helpful, pool was enjoyable, food and drink were acceptable. The hotel is being renovated and really needs it. If it meets your needs it's fine, just don't go out of your way.

Check In

Driving up the hotel gave a small-resort-in-the-developing-world vibe due to the lush but unkempt tropical landscaping and modern but tired building. Check in went smooth and was treated well by friendly FDC, who clearly explained the hotel's features and provided good directions. Recognized SPG status and was pre-upgraded (as Gold) to a 2Dbl Deluxe room even though hotel was sold out; amenity and MAGC points offered and posted after checkout. Lobby area was large and inviting; hallways were bright but bland and institutional.

Room

Room was cramped but in good shape, except for one of the beds being broken on one side. It had a nice view of the pool and curtains worked well controlling light and view. Desk was big, desk chair was flimsy and wouldn't adjust, desk light was bright but power socket was broken. Deluxe room included refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, all of which worked well and were appreciated. Closet was small and didn't have a safe. Bathroom was adequate with decent hot water but a weak fan. It was convenient to be on first floor near the pool and parking.

Service

Staff was always polite and helpful. Called to get sink unclogged and they responded quickly. Asked Housekeeping for a couple of clean towels and they refreshed the whole room. Bartenders, waitresses, and snack shop attendents were very nice and responsive. Shuttle bus driver was pleasant and courteous. Staff really made the stay.

Dining

Enjoyed the Happy Hour in the small bar with outdoor patio, and Manager special in the lobby, including some free appetizers and drinks. Breakfast buffet in Citrus was $15 for less than what many hotels give for free. In-room coffees and teas were okay, and they offered coffee in the foyer in the morning. Snack shop food was expensive for being so basic but glad it was available. Overall, F&B was nothing special but acceptable.

It's near the highway and a few bus lines so it was easy to get around. It's also surprisingly far from SAN airport to have a free hourly airport shuttle (and some local stops), which was useful. Thus, you don't need a car but probably want one because there is nothing touristy around it, though paying $12 for parking, and having to display a big, ugly yellow hang tag, was very annoying.

Amenities

The best amenity is the large pool, hot tub, and deck area around it. It was easy to lay there and pretend you're somewhere more exotic, though it needed more deck chairs and tables. The pool and hot tub were very pleasant and it was nice to have bathrooms nearby and an outoor shower to rinse off. The adjacent fitness room was small and basic; a few weights, treadmills and an exercise bike but had a nice view.

I wanted to play the surrounding golf course but it looked more like a unkempt park and is only playable if you're interested in off-road golf; my lawn is more puttable than many of the greens.

The place must live off the meetings, shows and small conventions that transpired the whole time I was there. The indoor/outdoor facilities seemed adequate, and everything seemed well attended, well managed, and gave the hotel some needed energy.

Overall

Previous reviews over the years suggest this place is always in need of, and/or undergoing renovations. The place shows its age in some places but had a nice feel in other places. Our Deluxe room was adequate for 2 people but would be pretty cramped for more, though connecting rooms are available. The friendly, helpful staff and tropical landscaping made the stay pleasant and I appreciated the amenities available. For the price paid, if I needed to be in the area again I'd come back.

Still the same, good and bad

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Surprised on checking in this time that they are now adding a $12/day parking charge. According to the above it's been going on for a while. I love these suburban hotels that are now charging for parking. It's as egregious as a resort fee.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:34 pm

I stppped staying here when they upped the lcategory and then started charging for parking. Loved the location but really didn’t like only two elevators for the whole place.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:29 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I know the reviews aren’t good, but we want to be able to walk from Pechanga Arena after a late show, so we have a reservation here in December.

per the website, both their restaurants are Closed due to Covid. Is this accurate? Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:33 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
I know the reviews aren’t good, but we want to be able to walk from Pechanga Arena after a late show, so we have a reservation here in December.

per the website, both their restaurants are Closed due to Covid. Is this accurate? Thanks!
so I called them. Got thru to an operator fairly quickly.

the property is CLOSED. They did take our reservation when we made it a couple months ago. I asked if they were notifying guests, You should have been notified already.

I guess we are looking for Plan B now. Probably not walking from the arena.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Since this is a really old thread, there are now three four points in San Diego, one at Aero Drive (the subject of this thread), one near Seaworld, and one in Little Italy. I did not check in detail, but all 3 of them appear bookable (just searched in Google maps).

BTW: the Seaworld one is close to Pechanga Arena.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb
Since this is a really old thread, there are now three four points in San Diego, one at Aero Drive (the subject of this thread), one near Seaworld, and one in Little Italy. I did not check in detail, but all 3 of them appear bookable (just searched in Google maps).

BTW: the Seaworld one is close to Pechanga Arena.
The Seaworld one is the one I was referring to. I haven't checked booking at marriott.com but on google it looks like it might be closed for the next 2 months or so as there are no rates listed but perhaps reopening in the Fall. Still concerned as the reviews are pretty bad, but the location is perfect for our needs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.