Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Augustine, Luxury Collection, Prague, Czech Republic [Master Thread]

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

an SPG Category 5 property

A nice addition to spg folio in Europe, I guess.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Seems like a good redemption rate at 12k/night vs ~$400/night
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
thats great news! Very good to see a few new European hotels opening!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
i wished this existed when i was in prague a year ago.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:18 pm

Isn't Prague ground zero for relatively affordable luxury hotels? $400 seems a bit steep for Eastern Europe.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:35 am
tyn

Location is great, at the bottom of Mala Strana, near the Wallenstein Gardens. Used to be a Rocco Forte hotel.
Though there are indeed many reasonably priced boutique hotels in Prague I think this is definitely worth a try.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by anotheran2
i wished this existed when i was in prague a year ago.
The hotel was already there even a year ago, for a time The Augustine Prague was managed by Rocco Forte Hotel, but they had a feud with the then owner, since sold to a new owner, now part of the Luxury Collection by Starwood. The hotel is recognized by many as one of the best city hotels in Eastern Europe today and rivals the Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons Hotel in Prague. ^
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by joetro
Isn't Prague ground zero for relatively affordable luxury hotels? $400 seems a bit steep for Eastern Europe.
While this overnight rate seems a bit high for Prague or Eastern Europe, the hotel counts as one of the best in the region and can command such high rates, seeing that the Augustine is a highly unique hotel.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LTPP, Avis +
Originally Posted by uggboy
The hotel was already there even a year ago, for a time The Augustine Prague was managed by Rocco Forte Hotel, but they had a feud with the then owner, since sold to a new owner, now part of the Luxury Collection by Starwood. The hotel is recognized by many as one of the best city hotels in Eastern Europe today and rivals the Mandarin Oriental or Four Seasons Hotel in Prague. ^
true. i should correct myself, i wish it existed in the spg network a year ago so i could use my points there for my stay. Thanks for the short background
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by anotheran2
true. i should correct myself, i wish it existed in the spg network a year ago so i could use my points there for my stay. Thanks for the short background
Thanks, my pleasure. ^
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:26 am

Any experience here as a PLT?
Upgrades, BK etc..

Thanks,
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Thumbs up Definitely better than Sheraton Charles

I just arrived yesterday. The Sheraton Charles Square is not as nice as this place. Actually, I wouldn't even use the term luxury when describing the Sheraton in Prague - there's no real doorman, the check-in is rushed and without platinum recognition, I did not get an upgrade - was told we are painting the room. The club lounge at sheraton had many beers in the fridge which were warm. There was no food out the two times I went (evening and then morning).

I checked out and got a room at Augustine which is spectacular. The entrance is really cool its an awesome courtyard and the whole hotel is a redone monastery with clearly very recently redone rooms - all marble bathrooms, bidet, sitting area and closets are all great ( They upgraded me to a suite without even asking). The area / location of Augustine is very close to charles bridge and the palace. No complaints. your results may differ.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by airplanepeanuts
I just arrived yesterday. The Sheraton Charles Square is not as nice as this place. Actually, I wouldn't even use the term luxury when describing the Sheraton in Prague - there's no real doorman, the check-in is rushed and without platinum recognition, I did not get an upgrade - was told we are painting the room. The club lounge at sheraton had many beers in the fridge which were warm. There was no food out the two times I went (evening and then morning).

I checked out and got a room at Augustine which is spectacular. The entrance is really cool its an awesome courtyard and the whole hotel is a redone monastery with clearly very recently redone rooms - all marble bathrooms, bidet, sitting area and closets are all great ( They upgraded me to a suite without even asking). The area / location of Augustine is very close to charles bridge and the palace. No complaints. your results may differ.
Thank you for the update info.

I booked this hotel for my prague and vienna trip in late october, looking forward to stay there.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was hoping to stay here in a couple of weeks, but it was over 400 a night, versus 120 for the more centrally located 5* boutique U Prince.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by airplanepeanuts

This is my dilemma. Staying at Sheraton Charles for 3 nights and got upgraded to 2 level duplex suite (No SNA). I think the bedroom on the 2nd floor is awesome. But on my 4th and 5th night, upgraded to classic suite at the Augustine using SNA.

Really thinking if I should cancel Augustine and just stay at the Sheraton as the duplex suite is awesome. Prolly heading out to Augustine tomorrow and see what a classic suite looks like

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.