Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]

W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]

Old Jul 2, 10, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
When I was at UCLA we used to use this hotel to house football and basketball recruits on their recruiting visits. Great place for UCLA no doubt and Westwood village is a wonderful area to be during the day or night.
Old Jul 3, 10, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood LPP+A, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Premier Silver
There's a Trader Joe's around the corner from it now which only increases the value!
Old Jul 22, 10, 12:08 am

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Stayed one night on the 12th of July. Reserved a spectacular suite with points. We really enjoyed the hotel. Great coffee in the cafe in the morning. Only thing was that the bed was very hard.
Old Jul 22, 10, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by shar161 View Post
Stayed one night on the 12th of July. Reserved a spectacular suite with points. We really enjoyed the hotel.
Did you purchase the room outright with points, or was it a combination of C+P? Really interested to know, keen to book a few nights in suites here or at the Hollywood W next year, would prefer to use points, or at least mostly points.

Does anybody else have any experience with points upgrade at these two properties. I understand a suite can not be booked at the time(if i am booking the room with points), and that i must contact the hotel and ask for an instant award.
Old Jul 22, 10, 6:10 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by pazza2000 View Post
...Really interested to know, keen to book a few nights in suites here or at the Hollywood W next year, would prefer to use points, or at least mostly points.
This hotel sells suite awards. The suites attached to the SPG5SU rate plan are the Mega Suites.

...I understand a suite can not be booked at the time(if i am booking the room with points), and that i must contact the hotel and ask for an instant award.
These can be booked in advance, subject to availability, but you would have to call the Customer Contact Center in order to do so.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 24, 10, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
This hotel sells suite awards. The suites attached to the SPG5SU rate plan are the Mega Suites.

These can be booked in advance, subject to availability, but you would have to call the Customer Contact Center in order to do so.
Wow.... is it definetly the Mega suite, if so then that seems good value. The W Hollywood which has the same rate plan only upgrades you to the lowest class of suite 'marvelous', however the Mega suite at the westwood has 2 suite classes below it. So 24k(or 28K) for a Mega suite at the Westwood; better room... or the same for a Marvellous suite at the Hollwood; better hotel. Tough choice!!
Old Dec 18, 10, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
First visit-this is now one of my favorite!

Lovley friendly staff,fantastic upgrade,nice quiet location. Very pleased with the W Westwood ^
PS-the restaurant has a nice 3 for two happy hour and a nice prixe fixe dinner.Good food ,generous portions.
Old Dec 18, 10, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena View Post
Lovley friendly staff,fantastic upgrade,nice quiet location. Very pleased with the W Westwood ^
PS-the restaurant has a nice 3 for two happy hour and a nice prixe fixe dinner.Good food ,generous portions.
I Love to property also, over the year I had three stays there and each time they gave me huge suites. Plus I can walk to great stuff in Westwood or take a short drive to beach communities.
Old Dec 18, 10, 11:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I have stayed here well over 40 times and like this property a lot. There was a lot of staff turn over for a while and the quality went down a couple years back but now they are back up to speed and am never disappointed. Unusual for LA in that there are lots of things in the neighborhood within easy walking distance -a Whole Foods, Native Foods (vegan restaurant), lots of Persian shops, plus all kinds of other restaurants, the Hammer Museum, Geffen Playhouse, and UCLA to name a few. The metro rapid bus 761 also leaves from the stop that is a block from the hotel for the Getty Museum (15-20 minute ride). The LAX flyaway also departs every half hour (hourly on Sat) non-stop to Westwood for $5.00.
Old Dec 19, 10, 12:32 am

Programs: AA Plat , SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, HiltonHonors, United Milage Plus
I have stayed at a many Ws, and I just stayed at this property for the first time last month. I have to say, this was really one of my favorite Ws. At check in, they were very friendly, and told me all of the things I would get for being a Gold member-- free water in the room, a % off in the restaurants... I booked a suite (don't remember which) and it was really wonderfully furnished; it was a bit on the smaller side, but I really liked it.

Love the cameras in the elevators (I'm a narcissist, I guess), and it is in a pretty good location. Had a great time talking to the bartender at the hotel bar, and she let me stay and finish my food and drinks while she cleaned up. All and all, a great place. I liked the vibe here better than at the SLS, where I stayed a few days earlier.

Oh, I got free internet by just logging into the lobby wi-fi instead of the guest room wi-fi. Worked like a charm!
Old Dec 19, 10, 12:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm curious as to how the security is now. Do they require guests to use their key cards in the elevator? When I was there, security was a young (very) man who didn't follow up on disturbing/dangerous events. People wandered in & out b/c of the bar which as I recall, was quite popular, and people could get into the hotel elevators even if they weren't guests.

I was told, after the events occurred, that they were indeed making sure that the elevators worked only for the people staying in the hotel and were going to make sure that security was posted nearby to keep people off the street or bar from getting into the elevators.

I've always wondered if they DID follow through on this stuff. Anyone stay there recently who can answer my question?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 10, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cderekg72 View Post
I have stayed at a many Ws, and I just stayed at this property for the first time last month. I have to say, this was really one of my favorite Ws. At check in, they were very friendly, and told me all of the things I would get for being a Gold member-- free water in the room, a % off in the restaurants... I booked a suite (don't remember which) and it was really wonderfully furnished; it was a bit on the smaller side, but I really liked it.

Love the cameras in the elevators (I'm a narcissist, I guess), and it is in a pretty good location. Had a great time talking to the bartender at the hotel bar, and she let me stay and finish my food and drinks while she cleaned up. All and all, a great place. I liked the vibe here better than at the SLS, where I stayed a few days earlier.

Oh, I got free internet by just logging into the lobby wi-fi instead of the guest room wi-fi. Worked like a charm!
I too love the camera in the elevator. However, you do realize this is an all suites hotel.

I dont think the SLS and the W Westwood specifically cater to the same group at this time. When the W Westwood opened, maybe, but now with the W Hollywood and SLS open the W Westwood has turned into a low key property with good service, while the W Hollywood and SLS are "seen and be seen" places.

2005-2008 I would step foot in this place, then they had a management/staff change and since 2009, I've enjoyed my stays at the W Westwood.
Old Dec 19, 10, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by thaliajen View Post
I'm curious as to how the security is now. Do they require guests to use their key cards in the elevator? When I was there, security was a young (very) man who didn't follow up on disturbing/dangerous events. People wandered in & out b/c of the bar which as I recall, was quite popular, and people could get into the hotel elevators even if they weren't guests.

I was told, after the events occurred, that they were indeed making sure that the elevators worked only for the people staying in the hotel and were going to make sure that security was posted nearby to keep people off the street or bar from getting into the elevators.

I've always wondered if they DID follow through on this stuff. Anyone stay there recently who can answer my question?

Thanks!
Of my stays over the past two years, once you get on the elevator you need to insert you key to access guest floors. Granted the 2nd floor is accessible via the steps that lead out to the pool.

In the evenings, on a few occasions (weekends), they've had a staff member positioned in front of the elevators.
Old Dec 19, 10, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat , SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, HiltonHonors, United Milage Plus
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite View Post
However, you do realize this is an all suites hotel.
You know, I don't think I paid attention to the fact that it was an all-suites hotel! I tend to gloss over those types of things when booking hotels for work!
Old Dec 20, 10, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by cderekg72 View Post
You know, I don't think I paid attention to the fact that it was an all-suites hotel! I tend to gloss over those types of things when booking hotels for work!
Yeah, but the suites are pretty tiny.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: