FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/168638-w-los-angeles-westwood-2007-master-thread.html)

Giroud Mar 21, 17 4:04 pm

Since this is an all-suite property, any point in using a suite upgrade here over the weekend?
also - is there cheaper parking option available near the hotel over the weekend?

Thanks!

stimpy Mar 21, 17 4:08 pm


Originally Posted by Giroud (Post 28068413)
Since this is an all-suite property, any point in using a suite upgrade here over the weekend?
also - is there cheaper parking option available near the hotel over the weekend?

It is not an all-suite property. See http://www.wlosangeles.com/en/rooms

And there are a good many posts earlier in this thread and the previous thread asking the same parking question. The answer is no, unless you want to walk very far. You are highly likely to get a more expensive ticket if you try street parking.

KENNECTED Mar 21, 17 4:19 pm


Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 28068431)
It is not an all-suite property. See http://www.wlosangeles.com/en/rooms

And there are a good many posts earlier in this thread and the previous thread asking the same parking question. The answer is no, unless you want to walk very far. You are highly likely to get a more expensive ticket if you try street parking.

The majority of rooms are suites. I've never been in a non suite room at this property.

Parking on street is times IIRC, but there is a parking deck on the corner (Weyburn), you might want to compare prices. There is another deck on Glendon with IIRC is 5/6 bucks.

MilesTalk Mar 21, 17 5:37 pm

There's no need to park with the hotel for their exorbitant prices. There is a lot very nearby for $10 or less a day. You can also walk into Westwood Village which has any supplies you might need (Target, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Starbucks, Coffee Bean, an indie coffee shop, a couple of bars though bars are scarce in Westwood, and a fair bit of shopping.

I spend winters around the corner from this hotel and the location is perfect both because of the walkability of the village and the central location of Westwood - a 15 min drive to beach in Santa Monica, 15 mins to Beverly Hills, 20 mins to West Hollywood, 20 mins to downtown (not in rush hour!). You are centrally located near the 405 and the 10 (freeways).

Nightlife is the only thing missing in Westwood. The W bar itself can get hopping on weekends, though.

Travelchurner Mar 23, 17 12:52 pm

Mixed reviews on this property. Staying here in two weeks.
Any chance at a suite with Gold status?

KENNECTED Mar 23, 17 1:20 pm


Originally Posted by Travelchurner (Post 28077262)
Mixed reviews on this property. Staying here in two weeks.
Any chance at a suite with Gold status?

You, this is nearly an all suite property. You could/should get a smaller fantastic suite on a lower floor or facing Le Conte.

Giroud Mar 27, 17 3:07 pm

Just finished a one night stay. Had applied a SNA and upgraded to Mega-suite at check in. Plenty of free street parking during the weekend. Like the room but the pool was still a little cold. Plat breakfast was $20 pp towards anything off the menu. Would return if same upgrade would be provided.

Travelchurner Mar 29, 17 9:55 am


Originally Posted by Giroud (Post 28094044)
Just finished a one night stay. Had applied a SNA and upgraded to Mega-suite at check in. Plenty of free street parking during the weekend. Like the room but the pool was still a little cold. Plat breakfast was $20 pp towards anything off the menu. Would return if same upgrade would be provided.

Thanks, this is helpful.

For the free weekend street parking, how much of a walk is it from the hotel?

Giroud Mar 29, 17 11:02 am


Originally Posted by Travelchurner (Post 28102189)
Thanks, this is helpful.

For the free weekend street parking, how much of a walk is it from the hotel?

Depends on your luck they can be very close. just to be clear it's free from 8pm - 11am Sat-Sun.

Travelchurner Apr 10, 17 11:05 am

Was not upgraded at check in, but Standard room was very large. Furnishings new/good. Parking was abundant on the weekend, no need for valet.

Hotel bar was overpriced.

STK was excellent, as expected for the price, but not mindblowing.

KENNECTED Apr 10, 17 12:47 pm


Originally Posted by Travelchurner (Post 28154934)
Was not upgraded at check in, but Standard room was very large. Furnishings new/good. Parking was abundant on the weekend, no need for valet.

Hotel bar was overpriced.

STK was excellent, as expected for the price, but not mindblowing.

All the rooms are pretty spacious. Pictures?

Eupatoria Apr 21, 17 7:19 pm


Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 28155529)
All the rooms are pretty spacious. Pictures?

I have seen a non-suite room, and it was pretty large.

I have been upgraded to a suite every time I have been there. I am Platinum; a Gold colleague also got upgraded every time he checked in. Last time, they gave me a suite with two full bedrooms -- which was quite entertaining for a lone female business traveler checking in at 10pm for one night without any luggage. My laptop bag had its own bed that night.

I think this hotel is great for (bachelor/ette) parties and for when one travels with an entourage. I would rather have a nice, comfortable room with actual outlets next to the bed, which this hotel doesn't have.

Someone I know swears he was given a two-story room with a staircase in it as an upgrade, but I have never seen pictures of that.

schley Apr 22, 17 1:56 am

Had some friends visit the UCLA Hospital which is world renowned as you know and used this property as a base. The UCLA hospital will arrange transport to and from your local hotel usually without a cost I was told as they are international patients. Unfortunate to have to be there for those reasons but reported a good stay without using the bar, but commented breakfast was good but expensive (it's westwood 5 star hotel so yes).

Amex For Children Of Africa Apr 22, 17 9:09 am


Originally Posted by Eupatoria (Post 28212951)
I have seen a non-suite room, and it was pretty large.

I have been upgraded to a suite every time I have been there. I am Platinum; a Gold colleague also got upgraded every time he checked in. Last time, they gave me a suite with two full bedrooms -- which was quite entertaining for a lone female business traveler checking in at 10pm for one night without any luggage. My laptop bag had its own bed that night.

I think this hotel is great for (bachelor/ette) parties and for when one travels with an entourage. I would rather have a nice, comfortable room with actual outlets next to the bed, which this hotel doesn't have.

Someone I know swears he was given a two-story room with a staircase in it as an upgrade, but I have never seen pictures of that.

Last year I was upgraded to the room with the spiral staircase! Have to say it was pretty impressive. My recent stay we also got upgraded to a 2br suite, and it was nice to have a bedroom for just luggage ;)

Eupatoria Apr 23, 17 4:31 pm


Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa (Post 28214781)
Last year I was upgraded to the room with the spiral staircase! Have to say it was pretty impressive. My recent stay we also got upgraded to a 2br suite, and it was nice to have a bedroom for just luggage ;)

Ha -- so it's not just an urban legend consultants tell each other! Was it a two-storey room?

I like being upgraded to a suite when traveling with my spouse, in case one of us wants to stay up later than the other. Two bedrooms just seems excessive, but I guess they have a lot of those at that W. I will say that the suites are not enough to really make me stay there, I only go there when it's last-minute and my preferred hotel is sold out.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:15 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.