Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 767300ER
Few weeks ago I tried the Hilton as I was curious to see how both hotels compared to each other. The Hilton is a good hotel but will certainly re-consider the Sheraton next time (exept if if the price gap is big). I prefer the Lounge staff at the Sheraton, the food and drinks available in the evening very nice in both hotels but breakfast at the Sheraton is better.

Room for room no big difference for me between both. The renovated rooms stands out nicely against the Hilton.
I don't think there is a Hilton in Hong Kong? Perhaps you mean the Conrad? If yes- it is in the CBD and the Sheraton is in Kowloon which are a bit different.
Old May 29, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I don't think there is a Hilton in Hong Kong? Perhaps you mean the Conrad? If yes- it is in the CBD and the Sheraton is in Kowloon which are a bit different.
No, not Hong Kong but Frankfurt...
Old May 29, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
No, not Hong Kong but Frankfurt...
ooops! I don't know how I got the threads crossed!
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What is wrong with a standard towers room if you book a regular room???
Nothing really. I just found it odd that I was offered what I thought was an actual upgrade only to find it was a standard towers room. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure there is a good way to phrase "would you like an outdated room or an updated one?".
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Check-in issues

As other posters have mentioned, the location and the Club Lounge are great. But I consistently find this hotel to be the most painful SPG property to check in. The front desk is very slow, and their protocol seems to involve writing by hand a code number on your key card so that you can use the internet.

I tried to check out the other day by calling the front desk (in my experience this works at most hotels, there was nothing on my bill besides the room charge). But no, they insisted that I had to come down and deal with their staff again. Someone mentioned to me that you can check out using the Club Lounge, and perhaps I will do that next time.

I should mention that the staff is fairly friendly, in my experience -- they are just incredibly slow. This is particularly problematic when there is a large line of guests trying to check in or out.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Hardly any Plat. uses the main check-in. Considering that they have more than 1000 rooms, it is generally not recommended.

Go straight to the club floor and check in there
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany 2008 onward [Master Thread]

Does anyone have recent experience getting a day room here?

(a) how to book?
(b) price
(c) time available
(d) most importantly - SPG credit???

thanks in advance-
Bill
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Day Rooms at FRA Sheraton

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Does anyone have recent experience getting a day room here?

(a) how to book?
(b) price
(c) time available
(d) most importantly - SPG credit???

thanks in advance-
Bill
I've stayed in a day room many times at the Sheraton FRA. You can book it on the SPG website. You need to enter the dates as if you are staying the night and a day-room rate will be listed as an option at the bottom of the rate list. I've checked the rate for 3-4 December and it is 154 Euros as opposed to the lowest overnight rate of 171 Euros. As a Platinum, I've checked in as early as 6am and been allowed to keep the room until 21:00. And you do receive SPG points & a stay credit.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany 2008 onward [Master Thread]

danke
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:11 pm

Stayed here last week. Offered to pick either Tower Suite or Deluxe Suite. The difference is Tower suite is located where the lounge is and rooms are newly renovated. However, there's no AC in the room and it can get quite warm sometime.

Wifi code is a pain, I don't know why they are doing that.

Other than that, its fine and the club lounge offering is actually good.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Biggly ones everywhere
Checked in @2300 for an overnight (about 9 hours) had a peculiar experience, but after much ado I got it reasonably sorted out to my satisfaction. I was Gold, ironically became Platinum with that stay, will probably be able to remain Platinum and not encounter this again. Much of my problem came with combo of a late night check-in and a new agent (as every other agent was busy in a brough-haha/congregation down at the SPG check-in portion of the counter) with a language barrier (crazy part of the story).

My upgraded room was perhaps the minimum sq m (only 2 sq.m more than standard) and the greatest value of the upgrade was proximity to elevators and hotel exit.

Can Gold use the towers check-in only if pre-assigned a towers room?

I must say that I really loved the convenience and the hotel was very clean and comfortable although room service breakfast is rather dear. Now knowing the trick or two I would clearly stay here and highly recommend it for convenience.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 2:51 pm
Suspended

^
Originally Posted by redanman
My upgraded room was perhaps the minimum sq m (only 2 sq.m more than standard) and the greatest value of the upgrade was proximity to elevators and hotel exit.

Can Gold use the towers check-in only if pre-assigned a towers room?
Should not be a problem to use the Towers check-in, I do not see them sending anyone downstairs again.

I am a frequent guest at the property and the rooms are nothing to write home about, the same is true for the junior suites. I hate the lounge chairs with the wooden armrests, most uncomfortable chair system-wide.

The Towers suites are nice, but not in the upgrade pool.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Good for FRA pick-up?

Hello everyone,

My partner and I are being picked up at FRA by a friend, but we won't have a way of calling each other to coordinate, which is important since FRA is so big. Instead, we have arranged to be met at the Sheraton at Frankfurt Airport...but we have never been. Can someone please tell me if this is a good idea Thanks in advance!

I figure its main driveway is a much smaller place to look out for each other...can one drive up to the hotel entrance? Is there a 'main driveway' and is it easy to find by car? Do they have glass doors such that we can look for the car from inside since it'll be freezing outside (we're coming from Bangkok)! Also, the hotel's website says that wifi in the lobby is free. Is registration with a room number still required?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 54austin
Hello everyone,

My partner and I are being picked up at FRA by a friend, but we won't have a way of calling each other to coordinate, which is important since FRA is so big. Instead, we have arranged to be met at the Sheraton at Frankfurt Airport...but we have never been. Can someone please tell me if this is a good idea Thanks in advance!

I figure its main driveway is a much smaller place to look out for each other...can one drive up to the hotel entrance? Is there a 'main driveway' and is it easy to find by car? Do they have glass doors such that we can look for the car from inside since it'll be freezing outside (we're coming from Bangkok)! Also, the hotel's website says that wifi in the lobby is free. Is registration with a room number still required?
This sounds to me like you want to take advantage of the hotel's facilities without being a guest in any form. To me, it isn't right. Their driveway is for the benefit of their guests, or at least those who stop for a meal or drink. Likewise the lobby internet.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 54austin
Hello everyone,

Not as easy as expected. The driveways around this part of FRA are congested, you have to share space with rental cars, buses, taxis etc.

Views are also obstructed, so it is not the best idea, if you do not like to wait on the street level due to weather.

I suggest that your friend parks in one of the major parking structures and to meet you in the Sheraton lobby or the airport entrance of the Sheraton leading to the lobby. You cannot miss each other on this level of the 'airport'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.