Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by pansted00
Probably one of the best airport hotels on the Starwood properties .
Are you sure?!

I have had there my worst stay lifetime last year!!!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Originally Posted by pansted00
Probably one of the best airport hotels on the Starwood properties .
Are you sure?!

Stayed twice last year and agree that it is one of the best!

Great great lounge for evening & breakfast

Clean & comfortable rooms

Easy access to the airport & the LH FCT...

Check in was also quick & easy both times

What issues did you have during your stay?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
have a 1 night stay and want to pick this hotel again as c & p is usually available. not per spg.com and emailed hotel and also denied. Too bad as I just don't feel like burning 10k points for this property but it is so convenient and love the lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I'm here now and arrived at 10:15 am. I was told to go to the lounge and my room would be ready in 30 minutes. I made the closing up of the breakfast buffet in the lounge, which is 1030 and that was good since they have a great lounge.

I was thinking they have to be delaying me because for the first time I am getting a suite. 11:30 get the key in the lounge and I'm banished to a remote standard room on the 8th floor. I have been here maybe 5-6 times and never gotten anything but a standard room.

Just a data point as I used the 10k points, when I factored in transport to the other spg properties in frakfurt and the lounge here it made sense to spend the 10k points. I cringe when spending points outside of c and p for i'm a hoarder. Couldn't get them to open up a single room on c and p. Oh well the lowest rate I could get for this one night was 325 usd so good use of points.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Are you sure?!

Just try the Sheraton Heathrow, and you will concur .
Old Jan 11, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Are you sure?!

Whilst not my worst ever Starwood stay (stand up Sheraton Sharm) I had my worst ever Starwood airport hotel stay here too last year.

I find it is cheaper and arguably easier (no messing about with inter terminal trains, long walks etc.) now to stay at the IC in town and take a cab each way.

Whilst the Sheraton Heathrow is not much better it is substantially cheaper (typically circa 25% to 30% of the price of the Sheraton FRA). The Sheraton Skyline at LHR is a MUCH better property as is the Sheraton AMS. The lounge at FRA is the only major selling point and the lounge isn't THAT good.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Whilst not my worst ever Starwood stay (stand up Sheraton Sharm) I had my worst ever Starwood airport hotel stay here too last year.

I find it is cheaper and arguably easier (no messing about with inter terminal trains, long walks etc.) now to stay at the IC in town and take a cab each way.

Whilst the Sheraton Heathrow is not much better it is substantially cheaper (typically circa 25% to 30% of the price of the Sheraton FRA). The Sheraton Skyline at LHR is a MUCH better property as is the Sheraton AMS. The lounge at FRA is the only major selling point and the lounge isn't THAT good.
There is always the Hilton next door to the Sheraton if you don't like the Sheraton. Taking a cab into town takes 45 minutes each way.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
There is always the Hilton next door to the Sheraton if you don't like the Sheraton. Taking a cab into town takes 45 minutes each way.
Getting from the BA terminal to the Sheraton isn't terribly quick either. A cab takes a bit longer (I would say less than 45 minutes) but not as long as I thought it might.

The Hilton tends to go for similar rates to the Sheraton FRA (often 50% above a property in town) and has exactly the same issue for the terminal I use at FRA.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Check in downstairs was so so la la...

Room dark and small with broken lights.

Bathroom with no walkable shower. So walked down and asked another time for a room with walkable shower. Was told not available or only far away.

Asked the agent in the club lounge if this was true and told them that I would check out within the next five minutes if I cannot get a room with a walkable shower.

Long story short I got a room with a walkable shower. Distance to the first room... less than 10 meters...

Check out was a disaster. Told my room number and the agent types the number she saw on my folder. Unfortunately it was the old roomnumber...

Saw her typing and told her if she would have trust me she would have found me...

Then she said everything is paid and I do not have to pay anything and could go. Great because I made a deposit...

Then I asked how much money I would get back and she said nothing...

Then I have to tell her that that is not true and she should do her work a little bit harder and more correct...

Then she found also a little bit rest of my deposit but was not able to make a pay out because she has had no cash...

Another agent was later able to make a correct check out. Surprise Surprise...

And I have gotten more than 120 € back...

BTW: Unfortunately I am no more able to climb in a bath tube for a shower without help. Same for exit...

I have sent a message to this hotel and the answer made this stay unforgetable for me ==> WORST STAY LIFETIME

Sheraton Malpensa is outstanding for me ( airportwise ) ^^^^^

Last edited by Forstbetrieb; Jan 11, 2013 at 7:30 am
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Getting from the BA terminal to the Sheraton isn't terribly quick either. A cab takes a bit longer (I would say less than 45 minutes) but not as long as I thought it might.

The Hilton tends to go for similar rates to the Sheraton FRA (often 50% above a property in town) and has exactly the same issue for the terminal I use at FRA.
I had a 14 hour layover in Frankfurt last February and stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn next store to the Hilton on a day rate last year. Room was small but well furnished and new, rate was well below the lowest rate I could get at the Sheraton AND did not have a 6 pm checkout like the day rate at the Sheraton, so I checked out between 8 and 9. . No closer though! I was a walk in so not sure if I got a better rate based on their occupancy or not ^
Old May 13, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Whilst the Sheraton Heathrow is not much better it is substantially cheaper (typically circa 25% to 30% of the price of the ). The Sheraton Skyline at LHR is a MUCH better property as is the Sheraton AMS. The lounge at FRA is the only major selling point and the lounge isn't THAT good.
I agree that the Sheraton Heathrow and Sheraton Skyline are typically substantially cheaper than the Sheraton FRA. However the idea that the LHR hotels are "MUCH better properties" than the FRA property seems to me to be something from a parallel universe.

The LHR Sheratons are much closer to a mid-level 4-Points in the US. They are both a little shabby with tiny rooms and never any upgrades. Their clubs are cramped, and serve fairly mediocre food with minimal service.

At least the room I stayed in at FRA (and it was not on the Club floor or a suite, was 50% larger than any of the rooms at the LHR Sheratons). The FRA club was large, luxurious, had high quality food, a great view of the airport, and outstanding service, including a cooked to order hot breakfast and barrista service. I rate it as one of the best club lounges I have experienced in an SPG property.

If you do not have access to the Lounge I imagine this property would seem rather average... though still superior to the LHR properties in my opinion.

The FRA Sheraton is a huge hotel. There must have been ten or more people manning the checkin (many very young and possibly inexperienced) when I arrived. I imagine that this can lead to screwups.
Old May 14, 2013, 8:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

How long does it take to get into town via train from this hotel? Is it relatively easy?

Right now I have a 2-night stopover and I'm booked one night at the Westin, and one at this property (to make it easy to get to my early flight), but might change both nights to the airport hotel if the hassle of getting to downtown and back in one day is less than the hassle of switching hotels.

And by downtown, I mean tourist areas for sightseeing.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LM225
How long does it take to get into town via train from this hotel? Is it relatively easy?

Right now I have a 2-night stopover and I'm booked one night at the Westin, and one at this property (to make it easy to get to my early flight), but might change both nights to the airport hotel if the hassle of getting to downtown and back in one day is less than the hassle of switching hotels.

And by downtown, I mean tourist areas for sightseeing.

Thanks!
The train between the stop by the Westin and FRA is ~30 minutes and quite easy.

I personally would stay both nights at the Westin since it's a much nicer hotel and nice location, depending on how early is your early flight. You should stay at the Westin for at least 1 of the 2 nights.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85

I personally would stay both nights at the Westin since it's a much nicer hotel and nice location, depending on how early is your early flight. You should stay at the Westin for at least 1 of the 2 nights.
I agree here - though be aware that you probably won't get any recognition for your Gold status at the Westin, whereas I occasionally have gotten a [minor] room upgrade at the FRA Sheraton. The Westin is more conveniently located for sightseeing and the pool there is quite relaxing, particularly after a long flight.
Old May 14, 2013, 12:20 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85

Thanks! The flight isn't until 11AM, so I would have a bit of time in the morning to make my way to the airport from downtown. If the Westin is THAT much better, perhaps I should just stay there both nights.

Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler
I agree here - though be aware that you probably won't get any recognition for your Gold status at the Westin, whereas I occasionally have gotten a [minor] room upgrade at the FRA Sheraton. The Westin is more conveniently located for sightseeing and the pool there is quite relaxing, particularly after a long flight.
I appreciate the insight; at least Gold will still get me wifi...and we'll be flying in from BKK, so I'm sure we'd very much appreciate a soak

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.