Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Residence Inn Spices Up Social Hour

On Marriott website:

http://news.marriott.com/2015/06/res...travelers.html

" Food trucks, grilling, a taste of the hottest local eats and sweets, all washed down by premium beers in a relaxing social setting…what’s not to love? These are today’s food trends and one that Residence Inn by Marriott is embracing with its new program Residence Inn MixTM. The leading extended stay brand brings a fresh approach to the concept of social hour with a reimagined experience that combines multiple local culinary options, upgraded beverage offerings and the perfect atmosphere to mingle.

“Residence Inn understands extended stay guests and we know people who travel for longer periods crave variety. We also see younger travelers wanting to trade in evenings at a buzzy bar for a more comfortable way to relax and reconnect,” says Diane Mayer, vice president and global brand manager, Residence Inn. “The Residence Inn Mix changes things up and brings that fun energy and local flare into the kind of setting that truly brings the social back to the evening social.”

Offered three nights per week at Residence Inn’s nearly 700 locations, these experiential evening gatherings encourages guests to interact and connect with the destination. Themed nights include:

* It's On (Mondays) - Meet other guests for some "must-see TV" or hang by the fire pit with a variety of light-fare appetizers.
* Off the Grill (Tuesdays) - Join in for conversation and great eats, hot off the grill.
* Food Truck (Alternating Wednesdays) - Get to know the local area's most popular food trucks.
* Local Flavors (Alternating Wednesdays) - Sample specialties from famous local hot spots.
* Just Desserts (Alternating Wednesdays) - Reward yourself with something sweet and savory.
* Out & About (Anytime) - Stop by the front desk to get the lowdown on the best local spots and what's abuzz in town.

More details in the link above.

Cheers.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Hmph. I swear I was at a RI in Cherry Hill, NJ earlier this week who had their "social hour" labeled as "BYOB." I wasn't participating to see if I was accurate in that, but sure looked like that's what the sign said.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So what is alternating Wednesdays Food Truck? In lieu of the current complimentary offering, guests will be given the opportunity to purchase "[s]ample specialties from famous local hot spots"?

Last edited by dayone; Jun 6, 2015 at 10:42 am Reason: Typo.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by dayone
So what is alternating Wednesdays Food Truck? In lieu off the current complimentary offering, guests will be given the opportunity to purchase "[s]ample specialties from famous local hot spots"?
I was at a wedding recently where the hosts had a food truck come at 12:00 a.m. to feed bbq to guests that had the late night munchies. All food was pre-paid - I assume this would be the same. I cannot imagine they would make guests pay!!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They DO make guests pay, although you can charge the food truck items to your room. RI provides beverages.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
They DO make guests pay, although you can charge the food truck items to your room. RI provides beverages.
Where did you encounter this?

Cheers.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Omg, are you serious????? that is RIDICULOUS. Do they give you a discount at least?!?!
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
This riMIX thing is garbage. It needs to be brought out behind the barn and dealt with. Here is what RI Gravenhurst, Muskoka (Ontario) serves up:

Off the grill day. Promises some kind of nice BBQ or something off the grill right? How about a pile of boiled hot dogs and cold buns with chips.

Just desserts day. Okay, I've had pretty mediocre FS lounge desserts, so I didn't really expect anything more than a basic cake, or brownies, or some other basic item. Nope, they had the audacity to bring out the breakfast waffle makers and call it a day.

And any beer/wine was $$

I wouldn't call it so much a step down "enhancement" from a fairly substantial meal mon-thu, this is more like fell off a cliff and land into cactus type enhancement.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:37 am

This enhancement sounds like it sucks. I was at the Residence Inn Poughkeepsie a month ago and their bbq night was amazing but it sounds like that was pre "enhancement". We had pulled hot dogs, pulled pork, bbq chicken, several different side salads and a delicious (albeit simple) desert that I can't recall. I remember eating half a dozen desserts - but they were tiny - so delicious though.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:17 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
This enhancement sounds like it sucks. I was at the Residence Inn Poughkeepsie a month ago and their bbq night was amazing but it sounds like that was pre "enhancement". We had pulled hot dogs, pulled pork, bbq chicken, several different side salads and a delicious (albeit simple) desert that I can't recall. I remember eating half a dozen desserts - but they were tiny - so delicious though.
What's a pulled hot dog? :P
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
I think they are yanking your chain
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Originally Posted by Baze
I think they are yanking your chain
It's a hot dog with pulled pork on it like a chili dog has chili. Some places will serve just the pulled pork meat in a hot dog bun or a lobster roll.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's a hot dog with pulled pork on it like a chili dog has chili. Some places will serve just the pulled pork meat in a hot dog bun or a lobster roll.
I know. I guess my attempt at humor failed.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Baze
I know. I guess my attempt at humor failed.
Ok, I was headed down a similar path, but chose not to.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
They call this dinner?

"Mix" night: cheese, crackers, humus and "veggies" plus beer/wine and I would guess cans of soda and bottles of water. Not even basic green salad, which used to always be available.

I've seen a big bowl of cold popcorn for dessert night, with no serving utensil so that people were sticking their hands into it.

Or for grill night, nothing but brats (and hot dog buns), plus a few ptotato chip pieces/crumbs. If you don't want to eat that, there's nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.