Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Anchorage Alaska

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Anchorage Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:59 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Resturant was good for breakfast. Did not try for other meals. Lounge was nice as well. Club lounge had good food as well. Overall, it was much nicer then my stay there two years ago.

​​​​
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:25 am

Anybody stay at shs in Fairbanks?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
Anybody stay at shs in Fairbanks?
Yes. I had to look it up to make sure it was the SHS, as I stayed in a Marriott property in Fairbanks. Given it is the only one, I did stay there.
Location is unbeatable, hotel itself is nothing special, wouldn't call it one of the nicer SHS but it is a SHS, so you get the room with the semi-barrier and sofabed.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Yes. I had to look it up to make sure it was the SHS, as I stayed in a Marriott property in Fairbanks. Given it is the only one, I did stay there.
Location is unbeatable, hotel itself is nothing special, wouldn't call it one of the nicer SHS but it is a SHS, so you get the room with the semi-barrier and sofabed.
was it clean any better hotel chain's in Fairbanks?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
was it clean any better hotel chain's in Fairbanks?
It was clean.
Fairbanks isn't that great for hotels. I actually like the Candlewood but that isn't downtown, you'd need a car. It is cheap and you get a kitchen.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:29 pm

With >30 nights last year, I guess you could say the SHS Midtown was our second home. I chose this location as it was walking distance to Walmart, a grocery store, several restaurants (including Moose's Tooth), and a decent park to the south. Pre-renovation, admittedly, the hotel needed a renovation. It was always clean, but was starting to get worn. This hotel gets used hard. Occupancy rates often are 90-100%. I've not stayed there since the renovation, but I know they expanded and completely redid the breakfast area / lobby.

On the rooms, they cut a hole in the divider wall between the living room and bedroom (why?!?), removed the ceiling fans, redid the bathrooms (ripped out tubs and replaced with showers), and went with the new 50 shades of gray design. They also got rid of the quarter-moon coffee/end tables which I found extremely useful during my stays. Not a fan of the newer design SHS. They may look pleasing on the web photos, but they're nowhere near as functional as the previous design. I may not have cared for the teal carpeting of the old design, but it was easy to see dropped charger cables & such.

The front desk staff, especially Andrea, took great care of us. They quickly figured out why we were in town and that we were likely to be spending quite a bit of time there and made sure that all of our hotel stays for this engagement would be with them. The shuttle drivers (Craig, and I can't remember the Hawaiian guy's name) were great. The shuttle is primarily intended to run people between the airport and the hotel, BUT, as long as they're not on an airport call, they're more than happy to take you downtown.

Other than slight (almost imperceptible) lag when connecting to my office in Florida, I never had a problem with internet speeds there. In fairness, I also experienced this at our client's office as well, which makes sense given the distance the connection has to go. My Fire Stick, Google Home, and ADS-B receiver all ran fine there.

FWIW, the same group that owns the SHS Midtown also owns the SHS University, Resi Inn, and I believe the Courtyard by the airport as well.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by KRSW
With >30 nights last year, I guess you could say the SHS Midtown was our second home. I chose this location as it was walking distance to Walmart, a grocery store, several restaurants (including Moose's Tooth), and a decent park to the south. Pre-renovation, admittedly, the hotel needed a renovation. It was always clean, but was starting to get worn. This hotel gets used hard. Occupancy rates often are 90-100%. I've not stayed there since the renovation, but I know they expanded and completely redid the breakfast area / lobby.

On the rooms, they cut a hole in the divider wall between the living room and bedroom (why?!?), removed the ceiling fans, redid the bathrooms (ripped out tubs and replaced with showers), and went with the new 50 shades of gray design. They also got rid of the quarter-moon coffee/end tables which I found extremely useful during my stays. Not a fan of the newer design SHS. They may look pleasing on the web photos, but they're nowhere near as functional as the previous design. I may not have cared for the teal carpeting of the old design, but it was easy to see dropped charger cables & such.

The front desk staff, especially Andrea, took great care of us. They quickly figured out why we were in town and that we were likely to be spending quite a bit of time there and made sure that all of our hotel stays for this engagement would be with them. The shuttle drivers (Craig, and I can't remember the Hawaiian guy's name) were great. The shuttle is primarily intended to run people between the airport and the hotel, BUT, as long as they're not on an airport call, they're more than happy to take you downtown.

Other than slight (almost imperceptible) lag when connecting to my office in Florida, I never had a problem with internet speeds there. In fairness, I also experienced this at our client's office as well, which makes sense given the distance the connection has to go. My Fire Stick, Google Home, and ADS-B receiver all ran fine there.

FWIW, the same group that owns the SHS Midtown also owns the SHS University, Resi Inn, and I believe the Courtyard by the airport as well.
thanks for the update....i had booked the towneplace suites but i think i'm now going to switch to the springhill suites instead for my 2 upcoming stays....
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Any thoughts on the TownPlace Suites Midtown vs. the Residence Inn Midtown. Need to book 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite for 3 nights in early August. None of the downtown hotels (Marriott/Sheraton) have a 33F or similar 2nd room 50% off for families rate available right now. Both the TownPlace and Residence Inn have rooms with 2 bedrooms. Cost for these 2 BR suites end up being about 1/2 of what 2 rooms downtown will cost (about $300 per night vs. $600). We arrive by train late the first night, so will have to taxi to the hotel the first night -- will then go back the next morning and get a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.