Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. We just finished a 5 nights stay at the St. Regis Vommuli and we were upgraded to a Beach Villa one day before check in (I was checking the app daily). We had booked the Garden Villa for 240k points and I had Platinum status only.

Upon check in, our butler Alex (who was really great) offered us a prepaid Food & Beverage credit deal. The deal was prepay $250/night and receive $300/night for the entire stay. This ended up being a great deal as we paid $1250 for 5 nights and received $1500 to cover all food and beverage spend (including taxes and service fees)!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:25 am

butler

Originally Posted by brosenberg0
Is there an absolutely 'must request' butler that has truly turned the visit into an incredible exeprience? I know from my stays in Bali, Bal Harbour and a few other StRs that while a mediocare butler isnt doing much bad, a truly exceptional butler can take the entire trip to a completely other level.
we really loved our butler Ismael. He was always available when needed. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of. Each night when we went for dinner he would make the bath up or leave treats. We couldn’t have asked for better service.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Amy613

we really loved our butler Ismael. He was always available when needed. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was taken care of. Each night when we went for dinner he would make the bath up or leave treats. We couldn’t have asked for better service.
Originally Posted by silverferrari
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. We just finished a 5 nights stay at the St. Regis Vommuli and we were upgraded to a Beach Villa one day before check in (I was checking the app daily). We had booked the Garden Villa for 240k points and I had Platinum status only.

Upon check in, our butler Alex (who was really great) offered us a prepaid Food & Beverage credit deal. The deal was prepay $250/night and receive $300/night for the entire stay. This ended up being a great deal as we paid $1250 for 5 nights and received $1500 to cover all food and beverage spend (including taxes and service fees)!
2nd night at the resort right now! Paid a couple month ago the upgrade to be sure not to be disappointed if no free upgrade would be given (but still was kind of hoping getting upgraded further more). But no, I got what I paid for (platinum as well and I think the resort isn’t full at all). Finally still a bit disappointed when I read here about how often the free upgrades are given.

No F&B deal for us, we got 20% on spa treatments for only in the evening. This can be a nice deal for some, but not for us since we have young kids with us.

Originally Posted by Amy613
Each night when we went for dinner he would make the bath up or leave treats.
No bath made up and no treats left yet for us!

I guess I should stop comparing and reading this thread for a while if I want to enjoy my stay

Last edited by Artemio; Jul 8, 2019 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Alaska 75K, AA EP, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, UA silver, BA Bronze
Currently here as well in OWV on the north side (what I was hoping for, some waves, but a lot of privacy and still great sunset views), amazing butler, she is so nice and attentive to details, really makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. All the staff is really nice and works very hard to make it a memorable stay for the guests. Coral is not what I remember it from >20 years ago (bleaching), but just from snorkeling around the villa you can see a good selection of colorful fishes. Can’t recommend enough.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WhereAreWe
Currently here as well in OWV on the north side (what I was hoping for, some waves, but a lot of privacy and still great sunset views), amazing butler, she is so nice and attentive to details, really makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable. All the staff is really nice and works very hard to make it a memorable stay for the guests. Coral is not what I remember it from >20 years ago (bleaching), but just from snorkeling around the villa you can see a good selection of colorful fishes. Can’t recommend enough.
I'm here for another day and a half....will be at the cocktail hour/manager's reception tonight

A few pictures while I'm still editing for my trip report in the TR forum

Last edited by chongl; Jul 9, 2019 at 2:09 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Alaska 75K, AA EP, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, UA silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by chongl
I'm here for another day and a half....will be at the cocktail hour/manager's reception tonight

A few pictures while I'm still editing for my trip report in the TR forum
Very nice pictures. Could you share the original raw files? I’m also planning on attending the cocktail hour tonight.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WhereAreWe

Very nice pictures. Could you share the original raw files? I’m also planning on attending the cocktail hour tonight.
Sure thing...I'll upload them and send you a link. Focus was slightly off on the astro shot; looks like my peaking wasn't as sharp as I thought
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I wrapped up a stay last week, and can't say enough good things about the property. The hard product is among the best I've ever seen. I'll take the time to write up a more thorough review at some point, but overall our stay was wonderful and we would definitely return.

The service was overall very good, but I still don't understand the variance among the butlers (e.g., we weren't told anything about the ($250 for $300) F&B offer above, afternoon tea wasn't mentioned until half way through our stay, and no real treats beyond the initial champagne and fruit). Dinner reservations are also a little weird. I don't know why they just can't send you a list of every restaurant that's open each night of your stay and ask if you'd like to reserve anything in advance. There were some special buffets that we didn't know about in advance and then by the time we were told which night Decanter was open, it was full.

We also had some issues with upgrades, but were ultimately taken care of. I had booked an OWV with points (using an extra 40K points/night), but it seemed that everyone at the hotel thought we booked a garden villa on points and were already upgraded to an OWV. Even after trying to clarify that point, we still weren't upgraded until I pointed out that someone else next to us in the lounge was offered a choice of two different upgrades beyond the standard OWV so clearly there must have been some availability. We ultimately received a Sunset OWV and could not have been happier, but even on the drive to our villa the butler pointed out the garden villa and noted that we will really like our upgrade vs. the garden villa. A little frustrating to have to argue as an ambassador elite, but in the end, the hassle was well worth it. We went from one of the worst OWVs to one of the best Sunset OWVs. As others have mentioned the inward facing OWVs are fine, but privacy is not great. I would definitely choose the OWVs facing north above the inward facing villas, and I would also take a downgrade to a Sunset OWV over the one St. Regis Suite that looks back at the beach villas.

The only other issues we had were with the sea plane transfers. We waited almost 4 hours to depart on the way to the resort because of delays, and then on the way back we had to leave on a 2pm seaplane even though we had a midnight flight out of MLE. I'm not sure how the return flights work, but we were put on an earlier 2pm flight when at least two other couples were able to catch a later 4:30pm flight from the resort even though they both had flights out of MLE several hours earlier than us. So it must not be as simple as going in order from latest to earliest flights.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
We also had some issues with upgrades, but were ultimately taken care of. I had booked an OWV with points (using an extra 40K points/night), but it seemed that everyone at the hotel thought we booked a garden villa on points and were already upgraded to an OWV.
I keep seeing people post that they were able to upgrade their pre-devaluation 240k/5nts from GV to OWV. Were you able to upgrade using points after the initial booking? I think an extra 200k in points vs $1250 might be a good deal.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:40 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by brosenberg0
Going to likely be in a StR OW Suite and was asked if I had a preference in room. I am thinking 519 but also saw someone mention 535. Any advice on the best combo of privacy, sunshine and sundown views? It seems like 535 gives you sundown but no privacy while 519 gives u privacy, but no sundown. Appreciate any advice.
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
FWIW I don’t think you’d have a privacy issue in 535.
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
535 is the best overwater villa over there.
Originally Posted by mjrobson
We stayed in 535 in April for 8 nights. Amazing room, total privacy, great access to the reef wall / drop off for snorkeling, good mid point location making it easy to go from room to restaurant on foot, bike or buggy.
Originally Posted by spgplat21
and I would also take a downgrade to a Sunset OWV over the one St. Regis Suite that looks back at the beach villas.
I am late to the party, but as discussed with @brosenberg0 in PM, I can provide another vote for 535. And it sounds like @spgplat21 likes the location of SOWVs around 535 so much that he would prefer a downgrade to 534 or 536 (for example) if given 519.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Obsidian
I keep seeing people post that they were able to upgrade their pre-devaluation 240k/5nts from GV to OWV. Were you able to upgrade using points after the initial booking? I think an extra 200k in points vs $1250 might be a good deal.
I'm not sure if you can do this after booking, but I wouldn't think so. I booked the OWV up front with points. This was pre-devaluation and the OWVs were available at 60k/night standard rate plus an additional 40K/night.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
I am late to the party, but as discussed with @brosenberg0 in PM, I can provide another vote for 535. And it sounds like @spgplat21 likes the location of SOWVs around 535 so much that he would prefer a downgrade to 534 or 536 (for example) if given 519.
It would be a close call for me on 519, but I do think I would prefer the SOWVs from 530-538 to the St. Regis Suites at 508, 517 & 518. The water seemed quite a bit rougher over there, I didn't think the snorkeling was that great on that side, plus the rooms were easily visible (especially at night) from the beach restaurant, other OWVs on that side and the beach villas. Not the end of the world if the privacy piece doesn't bother you, but I would not have liked those rooms at night time with all the shades open.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Help understanding taxes and fees

Hi all, planning a points stay for 5 nights. Pricing out at 340k points. What is confusing me are the additional taxes and fees. I'm getting $1650 for my 3 year old kid as an extra person. Is this correct, or just an error thinking my kid is an adult? Also I get $2085 in local fees. Is this the seaplane transfer being priced in? I can get to $2085 with $695x3, but that would be pricing my kid at the adult rate. I was told by Bonvoy line that there are 10% service charges etc on room night rate, but don't think that's right. He thought the local fees were simply taxes and not the seaplane ride. I have an email out to the resort, but anyone who has experience on this, your thoughts are much appreciated. Was just about to pull the trigger on this with flights etc, and this is a bit of a wrench.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
Hi all, planning a points stay for 5 nights. Pricing out at 340k points. What is confusing me are the additional taxes and fees. I'm getting $1650 for my 3 year old kid as an extra person. Is this correct, or just an error thinking my kid is an adult? Also I get $2085 in local fees. Is this the seaplane transfer being priced in? I can get to $2085 with $695x3, but that would be pricing my kid at the adult rate. I was told by Bonvoy line that there are 10% service charges etc on room night rate, but don't think that's right. He thought the local fees were simply taxes and not the seaplane ride. I have an email out to the resort, but anyone who has experience on this, your thoughts are much appreciated. Was just about to pull the trigger on this with flights etc, and this is a bit of a wrench.
The local fee is indeed the seaplane transfer, and it does indeed seem that they have then charged your daughter as an adult. That will be fixed at the latest when you send the passenger details for the flight bookings to the hotel. As you will only be charged at check out for the seaplane, there si still tie to fix that.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The local fee is indeed the seaplane transfer, and it does indeed seem that they have then charged your daughter as an adult. That will be fixed at the latest when you send the passenger details for the flight bookings to the hotel. As you will only be charged at check out for the seaplane, there si still tie to fix that.
Thanks, that helps with some of the sudden heartburn. As I wasn't anticipating an extra $4k in just taxes. Any clue on the charge for a kid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.