Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

Cash upgrades, definitely do it. We redeemed 240K points for five nights this past April and paid $1232 USD to upgrade from GV to OWV. Upon arriving we were upgraded to St Regis OWV.
definitely! I was pulling my butt off to gather 540k points, if I can do it with 320k and cash, I'll def do it. How was it 240k btw? Was it cheaper before?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:56 pm

Yes if you are plat or above. We arrived on the first seaplane, checked in into St Regis Suite and went to breakfast right away. It was glorious.
amazing, I was debating about mattress running and now I'm def doing it Haha
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
definitely! I was pulling my butt off to gather 540k points, if I can do it with 320k and cash, I'll def do it. How was it 240k btw? Was it cheaper before?
The redemption rate was capped at 60K points per night prior to the whole cat 8 business or something. We booked before it went up.

320K? You mean 340K for 85k per night for five? nights?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
amazing, I was debating about mattress running and now I'm def doing it Haha
I am Titanium but as I understand Plat and Titan all get the same re: breakfast.

The upgrade might have been based on Titanium
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:14 pm

The redemption rate was capped at 60K points per night prior to the whole cat 8 business or something. We booked before it went up.

Oops, yes that's correct.
Thank you for the clarification!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

We booked an 8 night stay at 60K points/night and paid for the OWV as you did. 420K points altogether (5th night free) August is just around the corner. We cannot wait.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:52 pm

I am Titanium but as I understand Plat and Titan all get the same re: breakfast.

The upgrade might have been based on Titanium
I sure would hope plat would be the same!

On the other hand, they gave me a quote of $500 a night to upgrade to OWV, is this usual? I'm not sure if the price will drop when the date gets closer.
$2500 is little hefty for 200k points, probably about same in value tho.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
I sure would hope plat would be the same!

On the other hand, they gave me a quote of $500 a night to upgrade to OWV, is this usual? I'm not sure if the price will drop when the date gets closer.
$2500 is little hefty for 200k points, probably about same in value tho.
Regarding whether or not that is typical, allow me to quote my previous reply to you:
You can find the rates throughout this thread.

The rates are fixed and based on season of travel.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:24 pm

Yes, rates I saw on this thread was about $2~300 a night so I wasn't sure if $500 was out of ordinary.
I guess May is one of the peak seasons.
Thank you!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:28 pm

Yes, rates I saw on this thread was about $2~300 a night so I wasn't sure if $500 was out of ordinary.
I guess May is one of the peak seasons.
Thank you!
May is generally not considered high season. Are you sure that $500 rate was for a standard OWV and not for a SOWV or StR Suite? The most recent non-peak upgrades rates I've seen posted are 246.40 USD for GV->OWV and 554.40 USD for GV->SOWV
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
May is generally not considered high season. Are you sure that $500 rate was for a standard OWV and not for a SOWV or StR Suite? The most recent non-peak upgrades rates I've seen posted are 246.40 USD for GV->OWV and 554.40 USD for GV->SOWV
This is the email I got - maybe its little different because its early may? I inquired again with my reservation number so maybe they'll give me some other price Haha. I honestly thought it was going to be the price difference between gv and owv. Thank you for your replies!
//
We are pleased to offer you paid cash upgrades as follows:

· Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Beach Villa with Pool at USD 554.40 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 616.00 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 720.72 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

//
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:48 pm

This is the email I got - maybe its little different because its early may? I inquired again with my reservation number so maybe they'll give me some other price Haha. I honestly thought it was going to be the price difference between gv and owv. Thank you for your replies!
//
We are pleased to offer you paid cash upgrades as follows:

· Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Beach Villa with Pool at USD 554.40 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 616.00 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

· Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 720.72 per night – for a 3D virtual tour kindly click here.

//
Honestly who knows, to be fair, you are probably one of the first people inquiring about upgrades for May 2020 so the rates may be higher and we may just not have found out about it until now.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Honestly who knows, to be fair, you are probably one of the first people inquiring about upgrades for May 2020 so the rates may be higher and we may just not have found out about it until now.
Probably. I'll update if theres any change! Thank you!

Btw, price difference in April is about 500 and my during my dates is about 170 dollars, so maybe they got my dates wrong! (fingers crossed)
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:29 am

Probably. I'll update if theres any change! Thank you!

Btw, price difference in April is about 500 and my during my dates is about 170 dollars, so maybe they got my dates wrong! (fingers crossed)

Edit: I have been confirmed for the cash upgrade price
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:14 am

Hi all,

having been a silent reader most of the time, I have one question (which I believe I read before but cannot find the answer now): if I am staying on points/awards and chose to upgrade the room from GV to OWV (before the stay), does the fee (excl taxes) count towards points?
And does it count towards the ambassador spend (20k)?

I think to remember that such fees do not count towards points (and thus also not ambassador spend?!).
However, my ambassador inquired with the hotel which replied that “room upgrades are considered as an eligible spend and you will be able to earn points for it, as long as you stay and pay using your own credit card”.
Anyone with (recent) experience?
I am having a 10 day stay coming up made with 2 reservations and am thinking about either upgrading one or both and this would certainly impact my decision.
Thanks a lot for any input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.