Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 11:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Caught a couple lobsters and had them cooked at Orientale that were perfect.
Amazing! ^
Old May 30, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Amex Plat
Question Atoll Transfer

Has anyone tried to use the speed ferry transfer (atolltransfer.com) instead of the seaplane? It takes longer but also cheaper by almost $500 pp. Is it frown upon? Also anyone knows if the hotel would allow one way seaplane rides if I the boat to come in but leave on a seaplane?

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There is not much flexibility in the Atoll Transfer ootions, only Saturday, Sunday and Thursday, only 11am and 1:30pm from the airport, and 7am from the resort. Unless you go for the private yatch, but I guess that would kill the savings

But if it suits your schedule, it is maybe worth checking out.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; May 30, 2019 at 5:12 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I was shocked to see nearly a week between posts here. This thread is so active! We are near the 60 day mark in our countdown.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I was shocked to see nearly a week between posts here. This thread is so active! We are near the 60 day mark in our countdown.
Just under a month for us and starting to get really excited. Anyone else planning on being there the end of June/early July?
Old May 30, 2019, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I’d imagine many people here try to avoid the rainy season
Old May 31, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
I'm 1.5 weeks out.... praying for no rain :P
Old May 31, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
I'm 1.5 weeks out.... praying for no rain :P
Was just there, it will rain, but it shouldn't affect anything too much as it isn't like nonstop rain, so I am fairly confident you'll be fine!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:35 am

Do you get points for the air transfer as well?

I'm sure it's been answered but can't find this info
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rp88
Do you get points for the air transfer as well?

I'm sure it's been answered but can't find this info
No.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:38 pm

I'm booking a room for next May for 5 nights, and wondering if I can use SNA for renewing my platinum to upgrade GV to OWV, or will they recommend cash upgrade in this case too? Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
I'm booking a room for next May for 5 nights, and wondering if I can use SNA for renewing my platinum to upgrade GV to OWV, or will they recommend cash upgrade in this case too? Thanks!
You can't use SNAs at all-suite properties but they do offer cash upgrades. You can find the rates throughout this thread.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
You can't use SNAs at all-suite properties but they do offer cash upgrades. You can find the rates throughout this thread.
Yes! I already emailed them about the cash upgrades. Thank you for the reply!
Also, I'm arriving MLE at 7 am, will I be able to take the seaplane that early + enjoy breakfast?

Last edited by Jinkyu Im; Jun 2, 2019 at 4:31 pm
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat

Cash upgrades, definitely do it. We redeemed 240K points for five nights this past April and paid $1232 USD to upgrade from GV to OWV. Upon arriving we were upgraded to St Regis OWV.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Yes! I already emailed them about the cash upgrades. Thank you for the reply!
Also, I'm arriving MLE at 7 am, will I be able to take the seaplane that early + enjoy breakfast?
Yes if you are plat or above. We arrived on the first seaplane, checked in into St Regis Suite and went to breakfast right away. It was glorious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.