Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Mech2Civil
I am traveling there family of four (2 kids age 2 and 5 yo). I am booked on points and was told points stay in GV is double occupancy and there is a $100pp per night plus 23% above 2 people. Are people staying with kids also hit with this charge?
Just finished a stay with my husband and 22 month old and no charge for her - but maybe that’s because she was under 2.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
I am traveling there family of four (2 kids age 2 and 5 yo). I am booked on points and was told points stay in GV is double occupancy and there is a $100pp per night plus 23% above 2 people. Are people staying with kids also hit with this charge?
When are you going? I'm in the same boat... going in June with 2 kids as well. Havent gotten any communication on extra charges... it would suck...
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:10 pm

For those visiting soon, Decanter is closed for the next 3 weeks as the sommelier had to leave the island for a personal emergency.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
When are you going? I'm in the same boat... going in June with 2 kids as well. Havent gotten any communication on extra charges... it would suck...
The charge is for extra bedding. It's $100++ and inclusive of breakfast. If you use existing bedding (sleep with you or on sofa bed) the charge is $35++ for kids 4 and over for the breakfast and free for kids under.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by jjakobv84
The charge is for extra bedding. It's $100++ and inclusive of breakfast. If you use existing bedding (sleep with you or on sofa bed) the charge is $35++ for kids 4 and over for the breakfast and free for kids under.
Thanks a bunch! $35++ aint bad all things considered..
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:13 pm

Going in June as well. I emailed to combine two reservations and inquired about kids. Saw downthread the cost is $35++, I'll take that over $100++!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by jjakobv84
Kids will be using existing bedding for sure, thanks for the info!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: United, Hawaiian, American, Southwest, Asia Miles, Qantas, Lufthansa, Alaska, Emirates, Delta, Swiss
Recently returned from our second stay at the St Regis Maldives and it is quite possibly my favorite resort. If you prepare yourself for the food cost ahead of time you'll be fine. Just remember that you can always tell your butler that you want to order something that isn't on the menu and they can help arrange it. Several times at dinner I simply wanted a burger or pizza while dining at Alba for dinner and they arranged it. The snorkeling around Whale Bar was outstanding as it's where the octopus tend to hang out, just make sure you're moving slowly so you don't scare them. The resort manager Dominic is incredibly nice and a cool guy, very helpful. Happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have about the resort or excursions.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:52 pm

Do the bombings in Sri Lanka cause anyone any hesitation about travelling to the Maldives? Most recent report says they defused a bomb near Colombo airport!

For those with a trip coming soon... Any thoughts?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by spirith20
Recently returned from our second stay at the St Regis Maldives and it is quite possibly my favorite resort. If you prepare yourself for the food cost ahead of time you'll be fine. Just remember that you can always tell your butler that you want to order something that isn't on the menu and they can help arrange it. Several times at dinner I simply wanted a burger or pizza while dining at Alba for dinner and they arranged it. The snorkeling around Whale Bar was outstanding as it's where the octopus tend to hang out, just make sure you're moving slowly so you don't scare them. The resort manager Dominic is incredibly nice and a cool guy, very helpful. Happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have about the resort or excursions.
I'll be going back for a second trip soon. How was the entire experience the second time around? Did it feel like it got old or was it still exciting?

What did you try and do differently the second time?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
November is peak season, and 369 seems to be the standard quote for peak season. If you have one booking for the duration, you have to upgrade all nights or none. And if you booked 5 nights for points paying for 4, the upgrade fee has to be paid for all 5.
So if I have two separate but consecutive bookings I could upgrade just one of those bookings and split time between GV and OWV?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
So if I have two separate but consecutive bookings I could upgrade just one of those bookings and split time between GV and OWV?
I *think* the answer is no because they'll treat your two bookings as one combined booking even if the bookings aren't actually combined (this is what I was told about my two bookings which couldn't be combined because they were booked on different rates) and they generally require an entire booking to upgraded.

With that being said, it's definitely worth looking into. I've wondered what would happen if you had two consecutive bookings, one of which was in a GV and the other of which was in an OWV, both booked directly with points. Surely they couldn't force you to pay to upgrade the GV booking nor could they force downgrade the OWV booking. I was in this situation (5 nights GV, 1 night OWV) and when I asked about upgrading my GV booking to SOWV, they quoted me the price for the full 6 nights (5x $492, 1x $120) so it seems they recognize the consecutive bookings but as always, YMMV.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by rp88
Do the bombings in Sri Lanka cause anyone any hesitation about travelling to the Maldives? Most recent report says they defused a bomb near Colombo airport!

For those with a trip coming soon... Any thoughts?
Not personally traveling through CMB en route to the Maldives but the attacks certainly wouldn't stop me from connecting there even if I was and I think that shouldn't be a controversial opinion. This also personally wouldn't stop me from going into Colombo/Sri Lanka generally if I was already interested but that's a more personal and, I'm sure, controversial opinion.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Kids will be using existing bedding for sure, thanks for the info!
Going in June as well. I emailed to combine two reservations and inquired about kids. Saw downthread the cost is $35++, I'll take that over $100++!
Thanks a bunch! $35++ aint bad all things considered..
​​​​​​​Finally, they do not charge for cribs so if you have say a 2 year old both crib and breakfast is free (other meals seems to be more YMMV). They'll also make up the sofa bed for free (just tell them in advance) -- the charge is for an extra bed.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
I *think* the answer is no because they'll treat your two bookings as one combined booking even if the bookings aren't actually combined (this is what I was told about my two bookings which couldn't be combined because they were booked on different rates) and they generally require an entire booking to upgraded.

With that being said, it's definitely worth looking into. I've wondered what would happen if you had two consecutive bookings, one of which was in a GV and the other of which was in an OWV, both booked directly with points. Surely they couldn't force you to pay to upgrade the GV booking nor could they force downgrade the OWV booking. I was in this situation (5 nights GV, 1 night OWV) and when I asked about upgrading my GV booking to SOWV, they quoted me the price for the full 6 nights (5x $492, 1x $120) so it seems they recognize the consecutive bookings but as always, YMMV.
There are reports in the thread that people did exactly just that, upgraded one booking out of two consecutive But as always YMMV. I would be surprised if the resort is thrilled about this, as moving people is adding a hassle they don't need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.