Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cll1881

Did you charge all your tips to your room bill at the end? I was planning on bringing cash to provide butler and other tips but charging to room bill and getting points is even better (plus less cash I have to carry around).
Well... i mean there's 10% service charge and the resort is sooo expensive that I didn't tip that much. But yes, I charged tips to the room bill and didn't carry any cash at all.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:17 am

Can anyone confirm that the contact emails for this resort are still: [email protected] and [email protected] ?

Been emailing both but no reply for almost a week now.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by roombam
Can anyone confirm that the contact emails for this resort are still: [email protected] and [email protected] ?

Their current email is [email protected]
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by roombam

I just returned from the St Regis Maldives and I thought overall communication from the resort was poor. I had to chase to get replies which was frustrating.
I have quite a few other issues with my stay - I have emailed the GM with my feedback (he was nowhere to be seen on departure) and will give him a chance to respond before sharing on here.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jaycis
If you didn't pay cash, then the promo wouldn't apply to you at all. From the T&C:

Furthermore, the seaplane transfer cost does not earn points at all. I don't believe activities do either, though I haven't seen any recent DPs. I'll find out in a couple weeks though...

The spa does earn points, although like you I'm not sure if they are considered base points.
Questions, you mean if you have the redeem rooms then it not qualified as Stay?

But, how about you just go and live at any marriots hotels for 2 days, before you go to maldvies...
do you think then all the spending you spend on st regis will earn double points?

Because i'm going there for 10 days, I think with all the acitivies and restaurant and things like that......double point will make a huge difference @@
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:33 am

Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Lkaroo

I just returned from the St Regis Maldives and I thought overall communication from the resort was poor. I had to chase to get replies which was frustrating.
I have quite a few other issues with my stay - I have emailed the GM with my feedback (he was nowhere to be seen on departure) and will give him a chance to respond before sharing on here.
How many Days were you there for?...I'm going to go there for 10 days and a little scared

was the butler nice ? or they are not good in organise activities?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:36 am

Question Extra person charge?

Just booked a trip for me and my parents, and didn't expect the hundreds of $ per person, per night "extra person fee" for the third person, on top of the seaplane fee which I'm happy to pay for. The room comes with sofa bed, so absolutely no additional work is needed on their end (I think?). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are there any way to fight this charge? Has anyone had any success? What if I tell them the reservation is for two, and change it to three last minute at the seaplane port? I know this is cheap, but I don't feel too bad fighting this rip-off.

Thanks all!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by maxw97
Just booked a trip for me and my parents, and didn't expect the hundreds of $ per person, per night "extra person fee" for the third person, on top of the seaplane fee which I'm happy to pay for. The room comes with sofa bed, so absolutely no additional work is needed on their end (I think?). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are there any way to fight this charge? Has anyone had any success? What if I tell them the reservation is for two, and change it to three last minute at the seaplane port? I know this is cheap, but I don't feel too bad fighting this rip-off.

Thanks all!
I believe their maximum occupancy is 2 people, however kids under 12 can stay under existing bed arrangement up to ...2 kids.....(3 kids have to be double bed room)...
if you refuse to pay, then they can also refuse for you to stay (or only allow 2 of you to stay).....then u will be stuck with awkward situation...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by cabbit
I believe their maximum occupancy is 2 people, however kids under 12 can stay under existing bed arrangement up to ...2 kids.....(3 kids have to be double bed room)...
if you refuse to pay, then they can also refuse for you to stay (or only allow 2 of you to stay).....then u will be stuck with awkward situation...
Thank you for your reply! We actually have three adults (me, 30, and my parents, both in their late 50s). I agree with you and tend not to create awkwardness first day on the trip. That being said, it just bugs me that I am already paying for a 1 King+1 sofa bed room where the maximum occupancy is 4, but still have to pay extra for the "extra person" for almost no additional services. I already emailed reservation saying 'we'll be spending a activities and dining, but they said there isn't much they can do.

Is this fee common with other Maldives resorts? Or is it just Marriott (I know Westin and W both have the fee)? I did some googling and surprisingly, not much results came up. I'm now wondering if I'm being unreasonable (blush) but also why people would be okay with this rip-off. It's not an all-inclusive resort.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..........What if I tell them the reservation is for two, and change it to three last minute at the seaplane port? I know this is cheap, but I don't feel too bad fighting this rip-off.

Thanks all!
What is your Plan B if seaplane is fully booked?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:09 am

Talking

Originally Posted by TerryK
What is your Plan B if seaplane is fully booked?
Thanks for your reply! Good question. I assumed they wouldn't be so busy that they couldn't accommodate a last minute addition, but if there is a legit chance (even if it's just over 10%), I wouldn't risk it. What do you think?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by cabbit
How many Days were you there for?...I'm going to go there for 10 days and a little scared

was the butler nice ? or they are not good in organise activities?
3 nights / 4 days. I think it's only fair to give the GM an opportunity to respond. If he does not do so within 24 hours then I will share my experience in full.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

..........but if there is a legit chance (even if it's just over 10%), I wouldn't risk it. What do you think?
I personally wouldn't risk it but it all depends on ones risk tolerance. Those twin otters seat only 19 and is weight restricted. You may also want to check if there is a later flight that day.
maxw97 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:52 am

I have a 6 night award stay. Any idea what happens if I want to drop the first night and instead make it 5 nights (same remaining dates). Will they allow that or will they try to reprice? Should I just no-show on the first night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.