Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Most reservations had a one month minimum cancellation right?
I believe I've seen minimum cancellations as short as 14 days but not any shorter. In fairness to the resort, I imagine it's quite unlikely they'd be able to fill a room with less than two weeks notice.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
I believe I've seen minimum cancellations as short as 14 days but not any shorter. In fairness to the resort, I imagine it's quite unlikely they'd be able to fill a room with less than two weeks notice.
i have a reservation on points in June that is a 7 day cancellation
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I have a 5 day reservation in April, but just dropped from Plat to Gold. I’m thinking it’s not worth having to pay for breakfast.

Can anything be done to gain back the breakfast? There’s no chance I’d get enough nights between now and the planned stay to jump back to Platinum.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by vip66
I have a 5 day reservation in April, but just dropped from Plat to Gold. I’m thinking it’s not worth having to pay for breakfast.

Can anything be done to gain back the breakfast? There’s no chance I’d get enough nights between now and the planned stay to jump back to Platinum.
I'd call and see if there was any type of status buy back or challenge you can do (that gives status right away.)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Cll1881

i have a reservation on points in June that is a 7 day cancellation
Cash or points?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Most reservations had a one month minimum cancellation right?
In peak season, yes I think they are 30 days on point stays. Not sure if March is peak though.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In peak season, yes I think they are 30 days on point stays. Not sure if March is peak though.
The UAR rate from GV to OWV is 80k in March (it ranges from 40k to 110k), which puts it closer to peak than off-peak.
A dummy points booking for the GV available on the night of 03/14/19 shows this: "You may cancel your reservation for no charge until February 12, 2019 (30 day[s] before arrival)."
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:59 pm
Suspended

yeah it was 1 month window for cancellation and they wont budge. so i dont know what to do...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by godofchurning
yeah it was 1 month window for cancellation and they wont budge. so i dont know what to do...
I remember seeing something recently about someone making a change to their reservation once they were already past the cancellation window that pushed the cancellation window to t+1 day. Not sure if it was in this thread or another (maybe about the W?) and don't remember exactly what they did but could be worth looking into. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they know what I'm referring to.

Last edited by sydneyflyer12; Mar 7, 2019 at 12:11 am Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=30857271
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by godofchurning
I guess the only alternative is if they are willing to change the name on the booking, you can make a friend or family member happy if you know someone capable of travelling.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
I remember seeing something recently about someone making a change to their reservation once they were already past the cancellation window that pushed the cancellation window to t+1 day. Not sure if it was in this thread or another (maybe about the W?) and don't remember exactly what they did but could be worth looking into. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they know what I'm referring to.
I saw that on Reddit, although the DP was for a prepaid rate (which may exhibit different behavior from award rates). The trigger was changing the CC on the reservation. Haven't tried it myself, but that is very odd indeed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:38 am

My current reservation shows a 7 day cancelation window (April-May stay).
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Paid res at the end of April has a 30 day cancelation window.... In other news, double points gonna be huge!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjrobson
Paid res at the end of April has a 30 day cancelation window.... In other news, double points gonna be huge!
Just make sure to get another paid Marriott stay in before this one. Only double points from the second stay
mjrobson likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gudetama

Got this email from my ambassador today:

I asked the ambassador about your scenario, and she said that if the fifth night was booked after the new points rates, then in order to get the free fifth night, you would need to pay the new point rate on the other 4 nights.

I'm escalating my case to see if I can get the fifth night points refunded.

Update: The fifth night points are going to be refunded to my Marriott account! Just wanted to let y'all know in case this helps someone else
Who did you escalate to? I'm in the same scenario but don't have an ambassador

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.