Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:17 am

yes - this exact thing happened to me for a stay i completed late Jan this year... I was able to book 4 nights and then separately an adjacent night in a garden villa. I spoke to the SPG Platinum folks. The first guy said it should be ok, and said they needed to talk to the property and clear with the SPG team. Then i talked to a manager/supervisor who was kind of a jerk. He said the first agent should not have said it was possible, etc... However, I did have an email from the first agent saying they were working on it, so in the end, they did combine the stay (and got 5th night free). I think this is something they don't want to do, and artificially make it harder for people to redeem. Call a few times, talk to the agents, try to get something in writing. Good luck.
IAlwaysCall and Gudetama like this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Gudetama
Hi! I've been following this thread for a while - lots of useful info here

​​​​​​So I managed to get Dec 15-19 booked. Few days later, managed to snag Dec 14-15. Total of five nights combined and all at the same 60K redemption for the Garden Villa.

I thought it'd be a simple matter of calling to combine. Called the Ambassador line and was told it could not be done if the award stays were not available. I could cancel them and try to get it back as a 5 night, but at the risk of losing it all together and also there appears to be a buffer period in which the canceled reservations are not available immediately.

Wanted to ask if anybody else has encountered a similar situation of trying to stitch together a 5 night award for the fifth night free?

Email the property and they will do it for you. I had to follow up after a few days though. But they did combine the 5 night reservation for 240k point at the end.
Gudetama likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
that's great . I am on same boat ...have been searching for a while . I have GV booked from 14 to 16 and then 17 to 19 . I checked multiple times somehow not getting lucky to book 16 to 17 . what will happen tomorrow if I can book one night on 85 will they refund as 5 night free ?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:03 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So… trying to visit with my girlfriend and both our mothers. Seems like there's no way to not have this be outrageously expensive…

Perhaps it's best to get two rooms… but 480k points seems like a lot! Hmm… what to do, and so little time to decide.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by helvetic
So… trying to visit with my girlfriend and both our mothers. Seems like there's no way to not have this be outrageously expensive…

Perhaps it's best to get two rooms… but 480k points seems like a lot! Hmm… what to do, and so little time to decide.
Wait till you get there. Nothing is cheap.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Wait till you get there. Nothing is cheap.
So true! Baked potato side that was the size of a golf ball was $18...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by shekhar
that's great . I am on same boat ...have been searching for a while . I have GV booked from 14 to 16 and then 17 to 19 . I checked multiple times somehow not getting lucky to book 16 to 17 . what will happen tomorrow if I can book one night on 85 will they refund as 5 night free ?

Got this email from my ambassador today:
We have received the following response from Ahmed Hamid:
"Please be advised that the new points rates has gone live and therefore making changes to the reservation will cause the points value to be recalculated. Therefore we are unable to combine the reservations.

I asked the ambassador about your scenario, and she said that if the fifth night was booked after the new points rates, then in order to get the free fifth night, you would need to pay the new point rate on the other 4 nights.

I'm escalating my case to see if I can get the fifth night points refunded.

Update: The fifth night points are going to be refunded to my Marriott account! Just wanted to let y'all know in case this helps someone else

Last edited by Gudetama; Mar 5, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:11 pm

For those who have been recently.. what did and did not count towards your "base spending" for the 10x marriott points per dollar at this hotel?

I'm assuming dining counts, and obviously the room rate (if you paid cash). What about activities? spa? seaplane? etc...

Reason I'm asking is this upcoming double points promotion. https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-bonvoy-promotion/

If most stuff that gets charged to the room for a stay here counts for the 10x base points per dollar.... seems like anyone staying between 3/19/19 and 6/4/19 would want to be sure to 1) register for this and 2) be sure that you have a marriott stay prior to your maldives since the double points only starts with the "second stay". This would be worth booking a single cheap marriott night somewhere just to get the first stay taken care of.

If I'm going to have a multi-thousand dollar bill getting 20 base points per dollar vs 10 seems like that could rack up quite a few extra marriott points.

Not quite sure how the math works but at a bare minimum, let's say this promotion is an extra 10 points per dollar (20x vs 10x).... This is before taking into account any credit card bonus or status multipliers. That means on a $10,000 stay (for a nice big round number) you would get an extra 100,000 marriott points (200,000 total, 100,000 extra.... plus credit card plus status multiplier)..

Last edited by tygran37; Mar 5, 2019 at 1:18 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tygran37
I'm assuming dining counts, and obviously the room rate (if you paid cash). What about activities? spa? seaplane? etc...
If you didn't pay cash, then the promo wouldn't apply to you at all. From the T&C:

...nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.
Furthermore, the seaplane transfer cost does not earn points at all. I don't believe activities do either, though I haven't seen any recent DPs. I'll find out in a couple weeks though...

The spa does earn points, although like you I'm not sure if they are considered base points.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:44 pm
Suspended

I have March 13-18 booking and Dec 19-24 booking. I am plat account. looking to give away in exchange for points coz i dont think i will be able to stay....
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by godofchurning
I have March 13-18 booking and Dec 19-24 booking. I am plat account. looking to give away in exchange for points coz i dont think i will be able to stay....
Lol so much for good karma.
sydneyflyer12 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Lol
sydneyflyer12 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Err, good luck cancelling the March reservation.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jaycis
It can be cancelled no sweat, the price for doing so might cause a lot of sweat ...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jaycis
Most reservations had a one month minimum cancellation right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.