Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by nohbdy

Nice. We're here right now on points as well. This is our second visit with two kids (1 and 5). As a Platinum (or titanium now), we were upgraded to a standard BV.
We are also here at the moment with two kids (aged 10 and 13). We originally booked a GV (reserved with two people and then I emailed to tell them about the two kids) and paid to upgrade into a OWV. Ended up in a OW 2 bed family villa. I am titanium. The location (sunset view plus extremely close to main pool/beach area), layout and size of room have been amazing. Also - I think that the house reef straight off our balcony might be the best on the island. We saw a 6 foot white tip reef shark yesterday and three spotted rays just came up to say hello.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:17 pm

Skip that.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by kabukijuul
We are also here at the moment with two kids (aged 10 and 13). We originally booked a GV (reserved with two people and then I emailed to tell them about the two kids) and paid to upgrade into a OWV. Ended up in a OW 2 bed family villa. I am titanium. The location (sunset view plus extremely close to main pool/beach area), layout and size of room have been amazing. Also - I think that the house reef straight off our balcony might be the best on the island. We saw a 6 foot white tip reef shark yesterday and three spotted rays just came up to say hello.
Seeing a lot of posts recently about free upgrades. For those who are there now or who have recently completed stays who were upgraded from GV for free on point stays, how early before your stay did you find out about the upgrade, and had you reached out to or otherwise been in contact with the hotel prior to receiving the upgrade?

My wife and I are booked for 5 nights from March 27-Apr. 1 in a GV using points, and I'm platinum and she's gold. Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Artemio
How have you managed to book a GV with 2 adults and 2 kids? It seemed to me that it was possible to add 1 kid only.
I had e-mailed in advance and confirmed GV would accomodate my family and then booked for 2 adults + 1 child, e-mailed hotel and they adjusted the reservation.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bean of joy
Seeing a lot of posts recently about free upgrades. For those who are there now or who have recently completed stays who were upgraded from GV for free on point stays, how early before your stay did you find out about the upgrade, and had you reached out to or otherwise been in contact with the hotel prior to receiving the upgrade?

My wife and I are booked for 5 nights from March 27-Apr. 1 in a GV using points, and I'm platinum and she's gold. Fingers crossed!
Mine showed up on the reservation in the app around 48hrs prior to arrival. I had been discussing other things with hotel and butler team, but nothing specific in terms of upgrade.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Would it be a good idea to find 2 or 4 people to try out the speed boat/parasailing boat and split the cost? We are just 2 people. going March 13 to 18.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by godofchurning
Would it be a good idea to find 2 or 4 people to try out the speed boat/parasailing boat and split the cost? We are just 2 people. going March 13 to 18.
Had the same thought; we will be there June 28-July 4. We have dinner at Decanter reserved for our second night there and was planning on seeing if anyone else at the table would be interested in sharing in activities like the ones you mentioned.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cll1881

Had the same thought; we will be there June 28-July 4. We have dinner at Decanter reserved for our second night there and was planning on seeing if anyone else at the table would be interested in sharing in activities like the ones you mentioned.
Pardon my ignorance, but for dinner what are some options. Honestly, I am a strict vegetarian and I've not bothered to look up dinner reservations/menu coz i know if i do a buffet or something then it would not be worth the money. However, is there like any must do/must try restaurant? I think i'll go big of the free breakfast and mostly pizza for dinner and skip the lunch. Or am i thinking this the wrong way?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Who is going in April? We will be there first week of April. Paid for upgrade to OWV, hoping for an upgrade to SOWV...
I'll be there april 5-10 in a owv!!!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:51 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but for dinner what are some options. Honestly, I am a strict vegetarian and I've not bothered to look up dinner reservations/menu coz i know if i do a buffet or something then it would not be worth the money. However, is there like any must do/must try restaurant? I think i'll go big of the free breakfast and mostly pizza for dinner and skip the lunch. Or am i thinking this the wrong way?
Lots of great options at Orientale - my wife is vegan, and we ate there 4 out of 5 nights on out last stay.
the_jaguar likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:03 pm

if I don't get upgrade offers, is it possible to pay to upgrade 24hrs before arrival?

I also asked for upgrade rate through email. Do you think it'll cause them to not upgrade.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:37 pm

I think that all the menus have good vegetarian options.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
My wife and I are lacto-ovo vegetarians (as in, we eat dairy and egg too) and we are going to be there Aug 27th to Sept 1st (I might extend my stay by 2 more nights, not sure yet). If there are any other FT'ers going there around this time, would be great to meetup.

Both of us are avid divers and the recent review of the dive center is a huge let down. I have most of my gear with me and have been debating whether to bring it along or not. If we are going to be spending $250 per dive, my hope is that the dive will be great. For those of you who have dived recently, what's the price for a 2 tank dive?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Can anyone explain to me how the award pricing works at this property? @spgassist on Twitter is no longer helpful since they started the new Bonvoy program. I suspect they have let the excellent SPG staff go. Slow replies (often they don't reply before I reach out again several days later), uninformed staff and generally not a friendly attitude.

To be exact, 3 nights in an OWV in September 2018 cost 300k points, but 3 nights in an OWV in January 2018 cost 510k points.
I reached out to @spgassist (or @MBOnvoyAssist as they are now called) and they said it's because the award cost is linked to the cash rate. But the cash rate was identical, 1663$ per night.
When I pointed that out, they said they'd double check, and then the September rate was lowered to 1283$.
But I thought peak/off-peak pricing won't be taking effect before March 5?

I'm really annoyed by this. I purchased tons of points during the last ever starpoints sale, specifically to stay at this hotel...
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:44 pm

I am going to the st. Regis in 7 days.
got an email from the hotel that for the sea plane transfer the weight limit is 30kg. How strickt are they? Andy advise?
And is the Carry-On (a small backpack) included in the 30kg, or will it not be weighed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.