Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by NYCroots
Same for me next week - Sri Lankan seems reluctant to release more than one J seat per flight from CMB to MLE :/
Maybe as it gets closer. Its a big plane...lots of seats.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Currently here and been dreaming/planning it for ages...its the Wifes Bday and they upgraded from Garden Villa to a 2 bedroom Overwater Villa, #winning !

So far so good, but service at my first breakfast was slightly disappointing...staff kept on forgetting the order and bringing the wrong order, however promised it was be rectified for tomorrow.

Also has anyone done the Garden Restaurant experience for lunch? its 295 USD ++ and was just wondering if it was worth it?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
but its only 90 mins. Not a huge deal.
Not even that. Around 45mins normally.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Currently here and been dreaming/planning it for ages...its the Wifes Bday and they upgraded from Garden Villa to a 2 bedroom Overwater Villa, #winning !

So far so good, but service at my first breakfast was slightly disappointing...staff kept on forgetting the order and bringing the wrong order, however promised it was be rectified for tomorrow.

Also has anyone done the Garden Restaurant experience for lunch? its 295 USD ++ and was just wondering if it was worth it?
Forgot to ask those who have done the SPA Blue hole thing, is it worth it?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Are you thinking of Cargo? If yes, I did not known it was open for lunch. We went for dinner, and it was well worth the price.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I wonder what the flight crew do when there is an overnight at one of the resorts -- do they get to stay in a guest villa? Or maybe the hotel has a few extra spots reserved in the staff living area for such situations? And do they order from the very expensive resort food menus (presumably not out of their own pocket, but still -- I'd imagine the airline's contract with the resorts covers food in such situations)?

By chance I asked my Buttler this question tonight without seeing this post, they actually get put in the garden villa and if thats taken up a category and so forth, and they are able to eat at the restaurants whenever they want as well. He even said sometimes they stop by for lunch during their trips! haha! the only thing is they must leave by 6.30am in the morning but still defo would take that if I could stay here for free!
bgriff likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:51 pm

Good or bad idea to bring an inflatable lilo?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Being quoted pricing of $554.40 per night to upgrade from standard overwater villa to sunset ow villa for April 5-10. Is that the normal pricing?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:03 pm

Forgot to ask those who have done the SPA Blue hole thing, is it worth it?
Blue hole is neat, but an hour is a bit much in it. Glad I did it, but certainly wouldn't pay for an hour of it again.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by vwpokerchamp
Being quoted pricing of $554.40 per night to upgrade from standard overwater villa to sunset ow villa for April 5-10. Is that the normal pricing?
This seems pretty steep, especially for April. I just upgraded both GV and OWV reservations in mid-Dec of 2019 and was quoted the following prices (per night, USD):

GV>OWV - $369.60
GV>SOWV - $492.80
GV>OWStRS - $739.20

OWV>SOWV - $123.20 (You'll notice this is just 492.80-369.60)
OWV>OWStRS - $369.60 (You'll notice this is just 739.20-369.60)

I would make sure they're seeing your reservation as OWV rather than GV. However, if you're there over Easter there could also be holiday pricing of some sort? I was quoted very high rates (GV>OWV for nearly $1k/nt) for NYE reservations.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
PSA for everyone to periodically check their reservations, especially with the IT troubles that Marriott has been having since the merge. At some point over the past few days, my stay beginning at the end of this week went from 2 to 3 guests, with the additional seaplane transfer fee tacked on as well. I didn't make the change (wouldn't even know how to tbh), so I've reached out to the StR to confirm again that there's only two of us coming.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by faselt
I'll try one more time to ask as I'm leaving in a few days. The inflatable lilo seems like it may be fun if tied off the dock of the OWV but I don't really know if there is danger to damage coral which I really wouldn't want to do. Anyone else have experiences with these or seen them at the resort previously?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also in regards to upgrades I was offered the following for upgrade from GV

Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 246.40 per night
Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night
Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 616.00 per night
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by NYCroots
PSA for everyone to periodically check their reservations, especially with the IT troubles that Marriott has been having since the merge. At some point over the past few days, my stay beginning at the end of this week went from 2 to 3 guests, with the additional seaplane transfer fee tacked on as well. I didn't make the change (wouldn't even know how to tbh), so I've reached out to the StR to confirm again that there's only two of us coming.
Did you get resolution on this? It happened to my reservation as well
​​​​​
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I'll try one more time to ask as I'm leaving in a few days. The inflatable lilo seems like it may be fun if tied off the dock of the OWV but I don't really know if there is danger to damage coral which I really wouldn't want to do. Anyone else have experiences with these or seen them at the resort previously?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also in regards to upgrades I was offered the following for upgrade from GV

Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 246.40 per night
Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night
Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 616.00 per night
I'll admit I had to google what a lilo was.... I'll put in a vote for bad idea. Mainly, I doubt you can really tether it in a way that will securely prevent it from breaking free. Things like these are not for open sea use, but for pool use.

I did not see anyone doing that while I was there.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
What kind of luck have people had requesting specific villas? I have a reservation in Dec for a SOWV and the hotel noted my request but seemed very noncommittal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.