Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I was able to get 2 nights in January 2020. Not sure if that was a glitch but I booked them 2 weeks ago.
Hmm, it might simply be a case of peak season rooms being booked as soon as they open up for booking then. I'm not seeing a single Garden Villa available for cash after the night of June 30, through Jan 31. For the GV that's available on June 30, it does show that it's bookable at 60k, so the points rate still exists, at least. However, there are indeed some GVs available for cash in May/June that don't seem to be bookable on points, which is an issue...

Anyway, just wanted to point out that I couldn't find GVs for cash either.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Phasers
Quick question for those of you with experience at this resort: If I am on a Qatar Airways flight landing at 3:15pm from Doha, will I be able to make the seaplane transfer the same day? I read the cutoff is 5pm / daylight, weather permitting. Sunset is 6:15pm that time of year.
Oh and another thing, sunset might be at 615pm but don't forget that is the time the sea plane needs to drop you and make it back as they don't overnight at the hotel. At least they didn't when I was there.

Last edited by onlysuites; Feb 13, 2019 at 3:47 am
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Oh and another thing, sunset might be at 615pm but don't forget that is the time the sea plane needs to drop you and make it back as they don't overnight at the hotel. At least they didn't when I was there.
I did see a plane overnighting at the St R when we were there. But of course don't know if it was a regular operation, or special charter
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My understanding it seaplanes need to land by sunset. If it needs to go back to Male base, last take off needs to be close to 545pm.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Amex Plat
Do we know how much OWV will go for on all points redemption after March 5th?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did see a plane overnighting at the St R when we were there. But of course don't know if it was a regular operation, or special charter
That's normally due to operational reasons. They might not have anyone going back that evening but 6-7 pax going first thing in the morning so it makes sense for them to overnight rather then fly an empty plane back.

I am going in a few months again and my option was a 2hr connection in Doha with a1515 arrival or a 5hr wait in Doha and a 12pm arrival which I opted for. Its just not worth the stress if you are delayed by 15-20 mins. Since 26th Nov QR674 has been late 8 times over the 1530 mark.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:46 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
That's normally due to operational reasons. They might not have anyone going back that evening but 6-7 pax going first thing in the morning so it makes sense for them to overnight rather then fly an empty plane back.

I am going in a few months again and my option was a 2hr connection in Doha with a1515 arrival or a 5hr wait in Doha and a 12pm arrival which I opted for. Its just not worth the stress if you are delayed by 15-20 mins. Since 26th Nov QR674 has been late 8 times over the 1530 mark.
I wonder what the flight crew do when there is an overnight at one of the resorts -- do they get to stay in a guest villa? Or maybe the hotel has a few extra spots reserved in the staff living area for such situations? And do they order from the very expensive resort food menus (presumably not out of their own pocket, but still -- I'd imagine the airline's contract with the resorts covers food in such situations)?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Unfortunately I don't have any other options other than the 3:15pm scheduled arrival. At least I am in a premium cabin so that should help.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I'm on Qatar to Doha in J. Sri Lankan to Columbo in J then onto Male in Y. We arrive 8:15am. So we should get a good seaplane departure time. Hoping that J opens on the last flight, but its only 90 mins. Not a huge deal.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Any thoughts on why this hotel is not bookable on points yet for Jan 2020? I have been checking almost every day for the last two weeks and nothing. I DM'd the hotel, nothing. Call Marriott, nothing. It seems like W Maldives became bookable on points recently, so maybe StR is dragging behind.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Any thoughts on why this hotel is not bookable on points yet for Jan 2020? I have been checking almost every day for the last two weeks and nothing. I DM'd the hotel, nothing. Call Marriott, nothing. It seems like W Maldives became bookable on points recently, so maybe StR is dragging behind.
It's not unheard of and doesn't necessarily have to do with all of the current and upcoming changes. JW Phuket-where we go once every 5 years or so-often lags about a month behind on releasing award inventory. Hopefully soon! Good luck.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
I wonder what the flight crew do when there is an overnight at one of the resorts -- do they get to stay in a guest villa? Or maybe the hotel has a few extra spots reserved in the staff living area for such situations? And do they order from the very expensive resort food menus (presumably not out of their own pocket, but still -- I'd imagine the airline's contract with the resorts covers food in such situations)?
They get space on the staff village I am sure.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I'm on Qatar to Doha in J. Sri Lankan to Columbo in J then onto Male in Y. We arrive 8:15am. So we should get a good seaplane departure time. Hoping that J opens on the last flight, but its only 90 mins. Not a huge deal.
I think the Sri Lankan to Male is damn good in J. I'm booked into J. When are you going?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I'm on Qatar to Doha in J. Sri Lankan to Columbo in J then onto Male in Y.
Same for me next week - Sri Lankan seems reluctant to release more than one J seat per flight from CMB to MLE :/
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by godofchurning
I think the Sri Lankan to Male is damn good in J. I'm booked into J. When are you going?

August. Can't wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.