Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by AirMike
Will be going at the end of March for 5 days of scuba diving. Should we reserve the scuba diving ahead of time? Or can we book it after we arrive at the hotel? Any recommended dive sites for whale sharks and mantas? Thanks in advance!
I would also really like to know this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:23 am

Drink menu and prices

Is anyone able to share a picture or file of actual drink prices including beer, wine and liquor? The link on the top page is to some weird Google doc I have to be approved to see. Surely someone has this info freely available? It would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by faselt
Is anyone able to share a picture or file of actual drink prices including beer, wine and liquor? The link on the top page is to some weird Google doc I have to be approved to see. Surely someone has this info freely available? It would be much appreciated.
I remember most of the drinks being around $10-15 for the basic versions like beer and Vodkas.Much more for cocktails.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They have all their drinks menus to be on ipads. So is is kind of difficult to take pictures of.

Beer starts at 7USD (Carlsberg), cocktails are 20 to 30 USD (few things above, and way above that) wine starts around 60 USD for a bottle, and around 18 USD for a glass Wine stretches all the way up to 15,000 USD for a bottle All prices mentioned are ++.

The beer list is pretty short, and all bottled. Cocktails they can mix basically any cocktail known to a qualified mixologist, and then some.
The wine list is amazing, and a very interesting read Though a lot of it is in a range that I don't really feel the settings are right for. But there are also a solid base selection of wines.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:27 am

Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They have all their drinks menus to be on ipads. So is is kind of difficult to take pictures of.

Beer starts at 7USD (Carlsberg), cocktails are 20 to 30 USD (few things above, and way above that) wine starts around 60 USD for a bottle, and around 18 USD for a glass Wine stretches all the way up to 15,000 USD for a bottle All prices mentioned are ++.

The beer list is pretty short, and all bottled. Cocktails they can mix basically any cocktail known to a qualified mixologist, and then some.
The wine list is amazing, and a very interesting read Though a lot of it is in a range that I don't really feel the settings are right for. But there are also a solid base selection of wines.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Was it just $7? I thought it was around the $12+++ That's actually not a bad price for it then.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Was it just $7? I thought it was around the $12+++ That's actually not a bad price for it then.
Carlsberg for some reason was cheaper than the rest of the selection. I had a couple with pizzas at Crust. Thought it is a 330ml bottle, so not exactly a bargain. And of course 7++, just for the record.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Why does my full points booking show I owe over 1k in taxes? 1,486.00 USD 580,000 Points

Edit- is that for the plane transfer?

Last edited by Westin; Feb 3, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Westin
Why does my full points booking show I owe over 1k in taxes? 1,486.00 USD 580,000 Points

Edit- is that for the plane transfer?
$695/guest seaplane transfer is included in the taxes and fees.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:22 pm

Carlsberg was $9 if I recall correctly...

Cheapest red wine I believe was $80 or $85.

PM me your email - I have the most up-to-date mini bar price, and a drink menu from November.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:02 pm
Original Member

Just completed a 5 night stay. 240k points + ~$500 per night upgrade to SOVW. This place is sick. Service was outstanding. Everything is expensive.

Free items / money saving tips:

· free water and sun screen at pool and in the room
· 2 items (?per person) ironed per day
· paddle boat and kayak
· BYOW. Water at the restaurants is expensive!
· Snorkeling equipment
· All wellness activities except antigravity yoga are free
· Beach basket, sun hats, coffee, grooming kit, toothbrushes, razor in room
· Butler can provide champagne bottle to room
· Butler can provide daily goodies to the room (fresh fruit, coconut water, cake, sweets)
· Ask if there is manager’s party at Whale Bar during your stay. Free drinks!
· Romantic in room bath with bubbles and rose petals arranged by butler.
· Plan ahead and get platinum status to save ~$65 pp at breakfast. Consider platinum challenge – (16 nights in 3 months).
· use your butler to pack and unpack – they do this well!
· butler may be able to arrange a free blue hole session at iridium spa.
· Skip the ~$900 dinner on the beach and do an in room dining on your OVW deck. Ask for candles.
· Free 10 min photo session w/ 3 digital pics

Other tips

· book restaurants 3-4 weeks in advance
· Avoid OVW rooms 514, 515, 516 as they face the island and have poor views
· Virgin mary and blood mary at breakfast were delicious!
· Orientale – outdoor seating is much better than indoor, get there at 6:30pm
· Ask for butler Ismail. He is incredible. Trust me.
· Sit on the left of the seaplane. Most days this will give you a view of the resort as you land.
· photographer Jaawid - outside of the 3 free pics would avoid. We have done ~10 destination photo shoots and he was one of the worst. Without going into specifics I will say he is an amateur and not worth the cost.
· Take some floats for the beach and pool! Butler will inflate/deflate.

Miz
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:49 am

Tipping

Is it customary to tip on the resort?? And if so, how much should I be tipping and how often?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by manish
Just completed a 5 night stay. 240k points + ~$500 per night upgrade to SOVW. This place is sick. Service was outstanding. Everything is expensive.

Free items / money saving tips:

· free water and sun screen at pool and in the room
· 2 items (?per person) ironed per day
· paddle boat and kayak
· BYOW. Water at the restaurants is expensive!
· Snorkeling equipment
· All wellness activities except antigravity yoga are free
· Beach basket, sun hats, coffee, grooming kit, toothbrushes, razor in room
· Butler can provide champagne bottle to room
· Butler can provide daily goodies to the room (fresh fruit, coconut water, cake, sweets)
· Ask if there is manager’s party at Whale Bar during your stay. Free drinks!
· Romantic in room bath with bubbles and rose petals arranged by butler.
· Plan ahead and get platinum status to save ~$65 pp at breakfast. Consider platinum challenge – (16 nights in 3 months).
· use your butler to pack and unpack – they do this well!
· butler may be able to arrange a free blue hole session at iridium spa.
· Skip the ~$900 dinner on the beach and do an in room dining on your OVW deck. Ask for candles.
· Free 10 min photo session w/ 3 digital pics

Other tips

· book restaurants 3-4 weeks in advance
· Avoid OVW rooms 514, 515, 516 as they face the island and have poor views
· Virgin mary and blood mary at breakfast were delicious!
· Orientale – outdoor seating is much better than indoor, get there at 6:30pm
· Ask for butler Ismail. He is incredible. Trust me.
· Sit on the left of the seaplane. Most days this will give you a view of the resort as you land.
· photographer Jaawid - outside of the 3 free pics would avoid. We have done ~10 destination photo shoots and he was one of the worst. Without going into specifics I will say he is an amateur and not worth the cost.
· Take some floats for the beach and pool! Butler will inflate/deflate.

Miz
Miz, really helpful, thanks. Also did you do any extra activities (i.e. scuba diving etc)? If so, which ones? Any comments? I have a 5 night stay in July!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know if the plane transfer fee codes as 6X on the SPG/Marriott Credit Card?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Originally Posted by godofchurning
Does anyone know if the plane transfer fee codes as 6X on the SPG/Marriott Credit Card?
For my stay it was just added to my bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.