Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is really worth going to Cargo. It is a sharing menu for the table, your butter will confirm your choice in the morning. 250 USD++ for the food for two persons.
That’s also good to know. I assumed it was 250USD++ per person. We’ll probably make a reservation then.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
In terms of points accrual, do you only get points on the base rate total, food, spa and paid activities like diving?

No points on sea plane, taxes, green tax and service charges?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
Nice! Awesome rate for this property. Im hoping they have some Turkey for us that week.

I was quoted
$369.60 for OVW
$492.80 for SOWV
$739.20 for St Regis Suite

Also prior to me upgrading they mentioned

"As you are an esteemed Platinum Premier Elite member, you will receive the following benefits at our resort:
[Insert standard benefits here, free breakfast, etc]
then.....

"As our property is a Villas and Suites only property, guaranteed complimentary upgrades and Suite Night Awards (SNAs) are not applicable as our resort."

So it seems they will not upgrade most platinums from GV to OVW. Or at least they claim they won't.
I'm getting a similar quote for the same time period on a points stay booked already for an OVW. I'm assuming that it's not worth $739/night to upgrade from OVW to the St. Regis Suite?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Has anyone had recent advice on Zika conditions? Are they still actively mosquito spraying?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Has anyone had recent advice on Zika conditions? Are they still actively mosquito spraying?
The Maldives are in the same risk category as Thailand, Singapore, and a number of other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
Yes, they still actively mosquito spraying.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
The Maldives are in the same risk category as Thailand, Singapore, and a number of other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
Yes, they still actively mosquito spraying.
I can't speak to the St. Regis specifically but I was just at the W Maldives and did not encounter a single mosquito the entire trip (while applying no bug spray, and I'm usually a mosquito magnet).

Not a guarantee of course, but it seems like the resorts are doing a good job with pest control.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bgriff
I can't speak to the St. Regis specifically but I was just at the W Maldives and did not encounter a single mosquito the entire trip (while applying no bug spray, and I'm usually a mosquito magnet).

Not a guarantee of course, but it seems like the resorts are doing a good job with pest control.
I was five nights at the St R just now, and did not get a mosquito bite either. Though I am not a magnet for the mosquitos, I usually do get bitten should they be around in fair numbers.

When we had at dinner at Cargo, they had mosquito repellant ready, though I did not use nor need it.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:13 am

I've got a couple questions ahead of my stay in April... I tried searching the thread but was having trouble finding anything.

1) What did you tip your butler? What about tips elsewhere, are they expected above the service charge? (edit: either I'm an idiot or searching the thread just wasn't working for me the other day as I'm now finding a fair amount of discussion on this point. I'll leave it in the post but feel free to ignore.)

2) Did anyone do the Coral Gardens snorkeling trip? Was it worth it over the house reef?

3) Did anyone do a Manta Ray/Whale Shark dive/snorkeling trip? I'm considering this one but it's *expensive*... (I was quoted $2700 for up to 4 people). Wonder if I can make 2 friends on the island who would want to go and split the cost? lol.

4) I may need a scuba refresher and I see they offer one (been a few years). Has anyone done this and what was your experience?

5) Can anyone confirm if the hotel will accept an American Express card?

Thank you!
cabbit likes this.

Last edited by tygran37; Jan 22, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:24 pm

Cancellation within 30 days - Award booking

Hello,
I am scheduled to stay in StR on an award booking in Late Feb and am coming up on the 30 day cancellation policy.
I have a developing family medical emergency which might change my plans but will not know for another week.
Called Marriott Customer Desk and they mentioned that since I am a Plat Premier and it is an award booking, my points will be reimbursed even if I cancel within 30 days.
Does anyone have any experience with this situation or have any suggestions?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not heard before that PP gives extended cancellation privileges. Was it a good will gesture for your situation that they offered?

Travel insurance normally covers medical emergencies for family members as well, look in to your policy.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

I have not heard before that PP gives extended cancellation privileges. Was it a good will gesture for your situation that they offered?

Travel insurance normally covers medical emergencies for family members as well, look in to your policy.
Not a good will gesture. I believe old SPG had different cancellation policies for Elite members. Maybe the agent meant that.
She also mentioned that even if a hotel has any upfront charges, they may be able to reverse them later.

As for Travel insurance, I booked my hotel using points and Chase Marriott Premier card on file. Not sure if the card has any travel insurances and if they do, how would they value the lost points?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by hull22
I'm getting a similar quote for the same time period on a points stay booked already for an OVW. I'm assuming that it's not worth $739/night to upgrade from OVW to the St. Regis Suite?
I would pay $492 to upgrade from the GV to the SOWV but not $739 for the suite unless you highly value having a 2nd toilet.

You are mentioning upgrade from OWV to suite... I am assuming it's a typo and you meant GV to suite. Otherwise the price is crazy.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vamsikm
Not a good will gesture. I believe old SPG had different cancellation policies for Elite members. Maybe the agent meant that.
She also mentioned that even if a hotel has any upfront charges, they may be able to reverse them later.

As for Travel insurance, I booked my hotel using points and Chase Marriott Premier card on file. Not sure if the card has any travel insurances and if they do, how would they value the lost points?
I would kind of expect them to be able to extend a goodwill gesture, especially if you talk to them in advance. But that is never a certainty.

I don't know the prior SPG program well, as I after a few unfortunate incidents stayed away from SPG for some years. But it seems that this has not been carried through to the new program, at least as a stated benefit.

As I read the cancellation policy for my stay, the forfeit was in cash with points being returned to the account. But TBH, I am not entirely sure.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:48 pm
kkl

Hotel accepts amex
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by hull22
Thanks for the tip! I was now able to book a 5 night stay for 440K instead of the >1million pts previously offered.
I went to double check my reservation today to check the points breakdown for my stay and find that somehow the points required for my booked reservation changed from 440K points to 1.72 million points. .... I called Marriott and they said they have no record of it being lower. Perhaps I made a mistake in contact the property and getting an upgrade quote. I'm not happy with Marriott right now.

This is particularly upsetting since the W is no longer available with an entry level water villa on those dates and neither is the Conrad. Thanks Marriott!

FYI, I had to use pay with points later since I did not have enough points yet. That allowed them to change the points on me.

Last edited by hull22; Jan 22, 2019 at 10:07 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.