Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:54 am

Can confirm no charge for snorkeling gear and fins. Don't expect them to be all that great, though.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:00 pm

Dec 24-31, 2019 seems not available even revenue. Do they usually block this period?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aquantum
Dec 24-31, 2019 seems not available even revenue. Do they usually block this period?
No. It is the peak of the peak season with 8 night minimum stay. You can book Dec 24-Jan 1 or Dec 23-31. Nothing unusual.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
No. It is the peak of the peak season with 8 night minimum stay. You can book Dec 24-Jan 1 or Dec 23-31. Nothing unusual.
Got it Thanks for your info.

Is it same for award stay as well? only 8 night stay is possible?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.......Is it same for award stay as well? only 8 night stay is possible?
Award availability should have the same length of stay restriction as cash bookings. Note 8 day minimum only applies if stay over holiday period.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:40 pm

Got it Thanks for your info.

Is it same for award stay as well? only 8 night stay is possible?
If you're hoping for award availibility during this period, you're probably going to be disappointed. If you check every day for the next several months, you might get lucky. But it's most likely going to stay blacked out all year.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean

Yikes, looks like I’m sticking with the better house reef of the W instead of STR. STR emailed me back this morning unable to honor cancellation policy... based on the wording it could’ve been because I had the customer agent update and cancel the reservation though. I don’t think it’s worth calling back at this point since I was leaning towards W in the first place for the better scuba diving and snorkeling according to comments on this forum.

Thank you very much for your inquiry with the Customer Engagement Center (CEC).

Kindly be advised that any new reservations made will be on the applicable cancellation policy at the time of booking. We are unable to honor the cancellation policy of your cancelled reservation (confirmation number: XXXXXXX) for the new reservation that you would like to make.

Trust the above information proves helpful and we remain at your disposal for any further assistance that you may require.
Hi, When is your booking?

Because looking at the new cancellation policy, it says 1 month before your trip, cancellation is free......
Which I thought is the same as before...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Darksun
I'm seeing availibility for 110k/night for OWV on some dates now. It's not showing in the calendar though, so you have to search specific dates.

I think I know how it works now....

For Example, March to April, OVW is 140,000 POints per night.............

Now, when they caculate free nights, it is 60,000.... so they will deducte 60,000 from 140,000 points become 80,000
so your 5 nights will be 140k X 4 plus 80k.

In off season, OWV will cost 100k, so for 5 nights, it will be 400k, plus (100k minus 60k free night) become 440k in total~~~
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Amex Plat
Just looking for input as to what most of you would do or decide...

I have a reservation for a GV for Dec 9-14 booked at 240k points and another reservation Dec 16-21 for an OWV booked at 440k points. It would cost $1848 to upgrade the GV reservation to an OWV. So essentially at my 0.9 cent valuation of Marriott points, the already upgraded reservation is pretty much at the same price as the GV with cash upgrade (200,000 points * 0.009 = $1800). I am tempted to pay for the cash upgrade and conserve the points but not sure if that is the right move. How would you proceed? Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
What is the experience here, should the cash upgrade fee on a point booking count as eligible spend?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cabbit
Hi, When is your booking?

Because looking at the new cancellation policy, it says 1 month before your trip, cancellation is free......
Which I thought is the same as before...
They must have changed something in their system between yesterday and today. I was able to re-book with my original price and 7-day cancellation policy for my stay in September. I took a screenshot this time... so hopefully it won’t happen again. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Hi, first time/long time. I’ve read a few blog reviews that seem to indicate Cargo is an a la carte restaurant but I also was told by the hotel that it is prie fixe menu only. Does anyone know if it used to be order off the menu and since changed or has it always been prie fixe?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:08 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by Cll1881
Hi, first time/long time. I’ve read a few blog reviews that seem to indicate Cargo is an a la carte restaurant but I also was told by the hotel that it is prie fixe menu only. Does anyone know if it used to be order off the menu and since changed or has it always been prie fixe?
Prie fixe dinner only. In middle of Island
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium/ Lifetime Platinum, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by kkl

Prie fixe dinner only. In middle of Island
Appreciate it, thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Cll1881

Appreciate it, thanks!
It is really worth going to Cargo. It is a sharing menu for the table, your butter will confirm your choice in the morning. 250 USD++ for the food for two persons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.