Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:37 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain

When I search Flexible Dates, 1 night, I see only the nights where there is GV availability.
Website shows GV only

App shows OWVs

Cant see any GV for Dec19 for 1 night atm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
I find multiple dates with the entry level villa (Garden villa) availability but only OWV showing up for points redemption of course with a ridiculous premium.

However the base base room is available as many of you have mentioned above - however the rate is including breakfast which I assume is why it’s not showing as a points redemption? Has anyone succeeded in booking for standard price 60k per night via phone? Seems very shady that they can play with the inventory like this...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:51 pm
kkl

Been monitoring the release of award inventory today as per sticky 12-1am ET time. No award @ 60k GV been released today for late Dec19
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by kkl
Been monitoring the release of award inventory today as per sticky 12-1am ET time. No award @ 60k GV been released today for late Dec19
I would recommend keeping an eye out over the next day or two. The same happened last week and then out of nowhere some availability popped up on Monday afternoon.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta FO
In people's experiences, how hard is it to book award stay and pay to upgrade to Overwater Villas?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by atlocal
In people's experiences, how hard is it to book award stay and pay to upgrade to Overwater Villas?
Not difficult at all. Just email the reservations line and they'll give you a quote for your dates. However, you will have to upgrade your entire stay and pay entirely upfront. Additionally, the cost is nonrefundable.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Not difficult at all. Just email the reservations line and they'll give you a quote for your dates. However, you will have to upgrade your entire stay and pay entirely upfront. Additionally, the cost is nonrefundable.
Thanks for the reply! So I can't book 5 nights and only upgrade to Overwater Villas say 2 out of the 5 nights?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by atlocal
Thanks for the reply! So I can't book 5 nights and only upgrade to Overwater Villas say 2 out of the 5 nights?
Not in my experience or in the experience of numerous others whose experiences upgrading have been detailed throughout this thread.
atlocal likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:22 pm

After you book the award with points, send an email to reservations and ask to be upgraded to an overwater villa with cash. I was given a price of $246 per night in the summer and then $369 in November which is closer to peak season. I was also told I could be upgraded once again based on availability. Hoping for Sunset Overwater

I was considering not upgrading at all and relying on my Platinum Status but I did not want to risk it as this is my honeymoon stay.

Im interested to see if anyone stayed with the Garden Villa points reservation and was not upgraded to overwater as a Platinum??
atlocal likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:53 pm

Was looking for availability to extend my stay by a night and was able to book an OWV for 100k pts/nt. The same category on the same night was previously showing availability at 386k/nt so I'm not sure what changed but I'll take it.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Was looking for availability to extend my stay by a night and was able to book an OWV for 100k pts/nt. The same category on the same night was previously showing availability at 386k/nt so I'm not sure what changed but I'll take it.
Thanks for the tip! I was now able to book a 5 night stay for 440K instead of the >1million pts previously offered.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:37 pm
kkl

this via phone?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by kkl

this via phone?
I found mine online. Points required changed overnight I think.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Thanks for the info. I see it too for 110k/night wiih a 90 day cancellation policy..
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain

Thanks for the info. I see it too for 110k/night wiih a 90 day cancellation policy..
90 day cancellation policy is frankly ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.