Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Good DP for those whose reservations need to be made in segments due to availability release schedule: Like those earlier in the thread, I was able to have my two reservations merged and have the 5th night free applied by contacting the property.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:34 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Darksun
There's actually plenty of Garden Villa availibility for cash, it's just packaged with breakfast so it's not bookable with points. You can see it if you look at the "standard rates" tab, not the "prepay rates" tab.
Yes, this is what I was noticing for March...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:25 am

Looking for some advice here.

A little background - I was one of the lucky ones that was able to snag an OWV at 80k/night. Due to points being tied up and not immediately refunded in my wife's (PPE) account from canceled points reservations, we had to book the reservation in my (Gold) account. I expressed disappointment that we would not be able to enjoy the benefits of my wife's status, primarily for the free breakfast, and the agent said that the property would honor her benefits because she's staying with me. I then contact the property to confirm that this is the case and they respond that they cannot honor her PPE status because the reservation is not in her name. We send a note to Marriott explaining the situation and ask if they can honor my wife's PPE status as that's what we were told by the reservation agent. Over the next few weeks, without our knowledge or authorization, the reservation is moved to my wife's account, but now the points requirement is over 300k points/night, the taxes and fees have increased, and there's no e-certificate attached to the reservation. After some back and forth with Marriott, who gets the property involved, the property agrees (in an email) to honor the original reservation under my account, along with my wife's PPE status. However, I'm still seeing the 300k points/night reservation in my wife's account and the property is saying that these rates being displayed online cannot be adjusted, but they assure us that only the 80k points/night, $695 seaplane transfer fee, and $6/person/night mandatory government green tax will be charged.

It makes me extremely nervous to not have a confirmed reservation and e-certificate in the Marriott system or any other other form of evidence (other than the email from the property) to confirm our reservation before taking our trip. Luckily, it's in May, so it's not an immediate issue, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do here?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by husky96821

A little background - I was one of the lucky ones that was able to snag an OWV at 80k/night. Due to points being tied up and not immediately refunded in my wife's (PPE) account from canceled points reservations, we had to book the reservation in my (Gold) account. I expressed disappointment that we would not be able to enjoy the benefits of my wife's status, primarily for the free breakfast, and the agent said that the property would honor her benefits because she's staying with me. I then contact the property to confirm that this is the case and they respond that they cannot honor her PPE status because the reservation is not in her name. We send a note to Marriott explaining the situation and ask if they can honor my wife's PPE status as that's what we were told by the reservation agent. Over the next few weeks, without our knowledge or authorization, the reservation is moved to my wife's account, but now the points requirement is over 300k points/night, the taxes and fees have increased, and there's no e-certificate attached to the reservation. After some back and forth with Marriott, who gets the property involved, the property agrees (in an email) to honor the original reservation under my account, along with my wife's PPE status. However, I'm still seeing the 300k points/night reservation in my wife's account and the property is saying that these rates being displayed online cannot be adjusted, but they assure us that only the 80k points/night, $695 seaplane transfer fee, and $6/person/night mandatory government green tax will be charged.

It makes me extremely nervous to not have a confirmed reservation and e-certificate in the Marriott system or any other other form of evidence (other than the email from the property) to confirm our reservation before taking our trip. Luckily, it's in May, so it's not an immediate issue, but does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do here?

I wouldn't worry about it, if the property explicitly confirmed via email as you say that its 80k per night / fees / etc then they will honor it. Keep the email as your records and bring a printed copy of it with you just in case.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:07 am

I agree with the prior comment. As long as you have the e-mail from them admitting (in writing obviously) to honor your original booking, you shouldnt have a problem. I would definitely print out all communication regarding the issue and have it ready for when you go. Another suggestion or thought, have you tried looking at cancelled reservations on your account? You should be able to find it on the app (if it doesnt show up on the website) and get the original confirmation number.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by SantiC
I agree with the prior comment. As long as you have the e-mail from them admitting (in writing obviously) to honor your original booking, you shouldnt have a problem. I would definitely print out all communication regarding the issue and have it ready for when you go. Another suggestion or thought, have you tried looking at cancelled reservations on your account? You should be able to find it on the app (if it doesnt show up on the website) and get the original confirmation number.
Thanks for the responses. I don't have any cancelled reservations under my account when I check online or in the app. The reservation that got moved to my wife's account is the same reservation # that was in my account, so I'm guessing they were somehow able to preserve that when they moved the reservation.

What should I do with the existing reservation that still shows up in my wife's account? Should I assume that it still represents my 80k/night reservation that now is booked under my account?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:41 am

Anybody know what charges count towards eligible spend? Does the seaplane charge count? What about activities, e.g. water sports? Trying to figure out why my "eligible spend" from my stay is only half of what was charged to me on the final bill. Worth asking Marriott to look into it?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cycyc
Anybody know what charges count towards eligible spend? Does the seaplane charge count? What about activities, e.g. water sports? Trying to figure out why my "eligible spend" from my stay is only half of what was charged to me on the final bill. Worth asking Marriott to look into it?
The seaplane is listed under local fees, so it does not. I would guess any activities does not count either, certainly service charge, and local tourism services VAT will not count for the spend. Depending on your balance between room rate and activity charges, it might not be too far off.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Thanks for the responses. I don't have any cancelled reservations under my account when I check online or in the app. The reservation that got moved to my wife's account is the same reservation # that was in my account, so I'm guessing they were somehow able to preserve that when they moved the reservation.

What should I do with the existing reservation that still shows up in my wife's account? Should I assume that it still represents my 80k/night reservation that now is booked under my account?
I would definitely keep it and assume its your prior reservation. What you need to be careful of is the deadline for accumulating the points needed for a stay. I think its 90 days? I might be wrong though. A week or two before that (multiple times in that time span), I would reach out to Marriott and the property again.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I keep checking for the dates we have reserved on points just to see if other options pop up. Today they did. Over water villa for a mere 3 million points for 8 nights. I am only 2.8 million points short. (Not counting the 420K I have in place for my current reservation.)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by cycyc
Activities should count unless any of them involved a sub contracted third party provider.

If points received only account for 50% of spend, it probably is worth looking into. Everything is screwed up with the change over to the Marriott system at certain (perhaps all?) former Starwood properties, so I would be extra careful to ensure that proper point credit has been issued.

Seaplane, VAT, and service charge of course will not earn points.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 am

I would definitely keep it and assume its your prior reservation. What you need to be careful of is the deadline for accumulating the points needed for a stay. I think its 90 days? I might be wrong though. A week or two before that (multiple times in that time span), I would reach out to Marriott and the property again.
When we made the reservation, they deducted the 240k points, so we should be good there, though I need to make sure the property is on the same page here so they don't try to take another 240k points.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
The deadline for having the points in the account seems to be 15 days prior to arrival. That was the deadline mentioned by the property when handling my reservation.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
I was able to find points availability for my attempted stay next November, unfortunately it is 1,544,000 points for a 5 night Overwater Villa stay, <1cent/pt value nice. I guess the W it is, only 240,000 for Beach Oasis rm.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:28 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by hull22
I was able to find points availability for my attempted stay next November, unfortunately it is 1,544,000 points for a 5 night Overwater Villa stay, <1cent/pt value nice. I guess the W it is, only 240,000 for Beach Oasis rm.
as it’s not the base room it’s an extreme number of points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.