Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain

While I did see this occur online last Saturday, this Saturday, at midnight when room availability opened, I did not see any awards open up for either the St Regis nor The W for the days that should be available. I was watching exactly from midnight onwards. GV at STR and Wonderful Beach Oasis at The W were available for cash but not points. I am not sure if it is a coincidence or not that the week that should have opened up the cash room rates were significantly higher for a GV at STR.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed that this week. Am looking to book a couple more nights and thought I might've missed the availability. I called in to Marriott who claim they don't even have cash availability past the night of the 13th (14th seems to be available online) and have emailed the hotel as well. Will update if/when I know more.
kkl likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who noticed that this week. Am looking to book a couple more nights and thought I might've missed the availability. I called in to Marriott who claim they don't even have cash availability past the night of the 13th (14th seems to be available online) and have emailed the hotel as well. Will update if/when I know more.
I called into the Platinum Line last night and was told that award redemptions won't open up for another week. This doesn't make sense because I saw last night that the week in question already has room availability for cash bookings. Please let me know what you hear back. Thanks!

UPDATE1: Well something changed between last night and this morning because now there is no availability for the week in question at either properties I was looking at for cash or points.
UPDATE2: Cash booking are back but no award bookings.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Dec 30, 2018 at 9:45 am Reason: Added updated info
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:39 am

I called into the Platinum Line last night and was told that award redemptions won't open up for another week. This doesn't make sense because I saw last night that the week in question already has room availability for cash bookings. Please let me know what you hear back. Thanks!

UPDATE: Well something changed between last night and this morning because now there is no availability for the week in question at either properties I was looking at for cash or points.
I am looking for Jan but I checked for Dec just now and it looks like you can book Dec 13 and onward with CASH but not points. I thought as long as Garden is available, they have to allow you to use points to book? So I guess there is still black out dates?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musicscrip

I am looking for Jan but I checked for Dec just now and it looks like you can book Dec 13 and onward with CASH but not points. I thought as long as Garden is available, they have to allow you to use points to book? So I guess there is still black out dates?
There is no blackout dates. Are you sure Garden Villa is available? I just checked Dec 13 on and only OWVs are available.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
There is no blackout dates. Are you sure Garden Villa is available? I just checked Dec 13 on and only OWVs are available.
Check Dec 15th-16th... cash rate for Garden Villa is $2300 USD but once I choose to use pt, it says no room available. Is this a system glitch or there really is a. Black out?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:35 am

I am questioning, even for a limited pool of award rooms, zero blackout dates. I was looking at the week of Dec 15th and Garden Villas have been available since the calendar updated to allow room bookings on these dates but zero awards. BTW: I starting looking right at midnight + a few seconds and no availability. I also did similar searches at W Maldives. At the W, all room categories available but zero award rooms.

UPDATE: I just checked Sheraton and Westin. Both hotels have award room availability every day up through the Saturday before the week in question and then nothing.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Dec 30, 2018 at 9:42 am
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:51 am

The "No Blackout Date" policy is not really a thing, given that Marriott updated their policy to exclude Marriott properties and has no interest in enforcing it at SPG properties. The St Regis Maldives is getting around the policy by putting the "standard room" only in a package. You'll notice if you try to book the Garden Villa for the dates where you can't make points bookings, the room is only available with an "Oceanfront Breakfast Rate". That's not a standard price so it's not available for points booking. If you choose to look at cash prices for days that you can make points bookings, you'll see that the Garden Villa is available under the "Member Rate" without breakfast. That is how this property is choosing to black out dates.

I reached out to them about this before and they straight up lied and said no Garden Villas were available, when I could see them for sale with the Oceanfront Breakfast Rate.
TerryK likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musicscrip

Check Dec 15th-16th... cash rate for Garden Villa is $2300 USD but once I choose to use pt, it says no room available. Is this a system glitch or there really is a. Black out?
Darksun beat me to it.

Common way for properties to get around no blackout dates. Nevertheless, it can be justified in this case as properties can choose to sell rooms with additional amenities during peak season.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:29 am

Darksun beat me to it.

Common way for properties to get around no blackout dates. Nevertheless, it can be justified in this case as properties can choose to sell rooms with additional amenities during peak season.
Now I wonder when we will find out from Marriott on when is peak or off-peak at each property?

I wish everything is just so easy and straight up...hahaha
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:17 pm

Not sure where everyone is seeing that cash GV availability. I see cash availability (but no GV with cash or points) on the 14th but nothing for any night after that at any of the Maldives hotels. On my end it looks like availability past the 14th hasn't been loaded.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

Not sure where everyone is seeing that cash GV availability. I see cash availability (but no GV with cash or points) on the 14th but nothing for any night after that at any of the Maldives hotels. On my end it looks like availability past the 14th hasn't been loaded.
Here you go:

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Here you go:

That's so strange. I just see "Unavailable for Check In" for every date after the 14th
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:09 pm

That's so strange. I just see "Unavailable for Check In" for every date after the 14th
Make sure Special Rates = None
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:19 pm

Make sure Special Rates = None
Seeing this in Chrome and Safari. Although, I'm primarily interested in the night of the 14th anyways. Hoping there'll be points availability at some point.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:26 pm

Seeing this in Chrome and Safari. Although, I'm primarily interested in the night of the 14th anyways. Hoping there'll be points availability at some point.
Thanks for the info. I can replicate this on Chrome. Firefox does not exhibit this issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.