Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:33 pm
kkl

Garden villa is in middle of Island. Think only 4 of them. No views from GV
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:35 pm
kkl

Due to the merger of STR a few days ago. Nights and points have been posted mid stay for the dates before integration

Seaplane transfers $ were not posted in points section.

Maybe on check out?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:59 am

I booked a reservation in Feb 2019 with points for a GV. I emailed both addresses for possible upgrade offers but haven't got a reply back in 3 days. Should I and I call them to maybe get an offer for upgrade?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by t0nyy3ung
I booked a reservation in Feb 2019 with points for a GV. I emailed both addresses for possible upgrade offers but haven't got a reply back in 3 days. Should I and I call them to maybe get an offer for upgrade?
I'm also staying in Feb 2019 in a GV booked with points. The hotel got back to me in two days with the below rates. I'd be very surprised if anything you were quoted was different than these, but I suppose it can't hurt to call, though I do believe they'll get back to you soon/won't ignore you.
  • Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night
  • Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night
  • Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 739.20 per night
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:41 am
kkl

Data point - sea planes have left around 530/6 these past few days so the 430 rule isn't as strict
onlysuites, imverge and escape4 like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by NYCroots
I'm also staying in Feb 2019 in a GV booked with points. The hotel got back to me in two days with the below rates. I'd be very surprised if anything you were quoted was different than these, but I suppose it can't hurt to call, though I do believe they'll get back to you soon/won't ignore you.
  • Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 369.60 per night
  • Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 492.80 per night
  • Overwater St. Regis Suite with Pool at USD 739.20 per night
Yes I finally got an email from them after posting, with the same rates. I think I will opt for the overwater villa without the sunset view. Things are getting so pricey!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:40 pm

Thanks

Last edited by t0nyy3ung; Dec 17, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:12 pm

Anyone else notice award night availability is now essentially non-existent? Also, the ability to see Garden Villa availability on the Marriott website is gone making it difficult to search for award night availability.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miked3411
Anyone else notice award night availability is now essentially non-existent? Also, the ability to see Garden Villa availability on the Marriott website is gone making it difficult to search for award night availability.
You need to look harder. I just checked random dates and there are sporadic availability. For example, Nov 29-30 Garden Villa shows available on web and app while both show bookable with 60K points. It is tough to find five nights though.

There could be lots of speculative bookings now that Point Advance is available. I expect a good number of cancellations down the line.
bgriff likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Two questions for everyone here:

1. I'm currently plat premier but will be moving back down to gold as of March 1, 2019. If I were to book a stay from late Feb - March 1, will I still receive the free breakfast (+any other PP treatment) on the last day?
2. Anyone have experience making two separate bookings in an attempt to not pay to upgrade their entire trip? Thinking about tacking on one extra night and paying for the OWV for that night, but not sure if the hotel would allow.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:10 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
2. Anyone have experience making two separate bookings in an attempt to not pay to upgrade their entire trip? Thinking about tacking on one extra night and paying for the OWV for that night, but not sure if the hotel would allow.
A few have reported in this thread that the hotel allows you to upgrade the entire stay, or nothing at all.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

1. I'm currently plat premier but will be moving back down to gold as of March 1, 2019. If I were to book a stay from late Feb - March 1, will I still receive the free breakfast (+any other PP treatment) on the last day?
1. I am quite sure the benefits will go based on your status as of check-in Technically, the hotel can see your rewards details, I have had comments like "you will reach Gold (old MR) on this stay" or "Just one more night after this and your are platinum", but I don't know how much the average front desk staff look beyond the status level, and how obvious it is.

2. Generally Marriott counts it as one stay, regardless of number of bookings. But there was a post up thread, can't find it now, where someone said they succeed in having two bookings for their duration and only upgrading the one to OWV.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:11 pm

Here was the recent post re: upgrading just one reservation on a multiple reservation stay.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30520011-post1889.html
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by miked3411
Use the SPG app for best availability. When I booked it was showing me dates that the Marriott website didn't have.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Use the SPG app for best availability. When I booked it was showing me dates that the Marriott website didn't have.
I would def call. I booked 8 nights-before the 11th. The rep could see them, but they didn't show online. She had to do two reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.