Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:48 am

Mosquitos and Zika at StR?

Hello I have a booking for mid April in a GV. Anyone been there recently or around April timeframe that can speak to the amount of mosquitos or any Zika warnings? Does the resort take precautions? I read of biweekly fumigating (fog?). When you arrived to MLE are there any signs or governmental warnings issued? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
I just tried to make a redemption. Does anyone know what is this local fee 278USD per night for on top of the government taxes & fees? There is no mention of any amenity included in this fee like Hawaii or New York hotels on the website either.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by MBTZBIH
Hello I have a booking for mid April in a GV. Anyone been there recently or around April timeframe that can speak to the amount of mosquitos or any Zika warnings? Does the resort take precautions? I read of biweekly fumigating (fog?). When you arrived to MLE are there any signs or governmental warnings issued? Thanks in advance!
The resort does the fog thing everyday around 4 or 5pm. No Zika warnings at property. Don't remember seeing anything in MLE either. The resort provides mosquito repellent in in one of the drawers.
MBTZBIH likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:00 pm

One of my reservations was inexplicably cancelled (without my permission). I had no intention of cancelling, and was hoping to add an additional day. Starwood CS had no clue what happened to the reservation, and requested that the StR reach out to me. My points are missing. Has this occurred to anyone else?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Dec 11, 2018 at 3:18 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:19 pm

On their Instagram story right now they are saying that the Whale Bar will turn into the Whale Bar & Grill in 6 days. Looks like during the day the deck of the Whale Bar will now have several tables and you can get grilled meats/veggies there and then at night they go back to the lounge chairs. Looks pretty good. Hopefully the price is not bad too. This is a good idea, they currently weren't really using that space in the daytime very well.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
One of my reservations was inexplicably cancelled (without my permission). I had no intention of cancelling, and was hoping to add an additional day. Starwood CS had no clue what happened to the reservation, and requested that the StR reach out to me. My points are missing. Has this occurred to anyone else?
this is very disturbing. Was your redemption one of the 85k OWV ones?

keep us posted please
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:43 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by rp88
On their Instagram story right now they are saying that the Whale Bar will turn into the Whale Bar & Grill in 6 days. Looks like during the day the deck of the Whale Bar will now have several tables and you can get grilled meats/veggies there and then at night they go back to the lounge chairs. Looks pretty good. Hopefully the price is not bad too. This is a good idea, they currently weren't really using that space in the daytime very well.
The grill bar will be available till April.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:52 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Somewhere buried deep in the Starwood T&C there used to be a statement that said "if you no-show for a non-cancelable points reservation, you can elect to pay the cancellation fee in the form of points forfeited". I expect this carries to the new clusterf' that Starriott is.
It does not. Reservations made on Marriott IT no longer have this out option. Was just mentioned to me by a phone rep. Which is a shame.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by l380
I just tried to make a redemption. Does anyone know what is this local fee 278USD per night for on top of the government taxes & fees? There is no mention of any amenity included in this fee like Hawaii or New York hotels on the website either.
They are now including the price of the seaplane transfer into the "local fees" section. Not sure if that's what you are seeing, but it should be like $695 x number of people on your reservation.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
So, it seems the Garden Villa is now the only room available on points-unless one pays to upgrade to a better room. . The resort only has for of them, thus only four point redemptions avail per day. Unless people pay for upgrades which may free up to Garden Villas and if the release award inventory.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by outlawashere
this is very disturbing. Was your redemption one of the 85k OWV ones?

keep us posted please
It was a 60k GV booking.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
My two reservations "migrated" to Marriott. They were showing in Marriott.com before, but today have a note that the confirmation numbers have changed now that they are in the Marriott system. My guess is that one of yours got stuck.

Here's the new header:
  • Please note – Heads up: your original confirmation number of XXXXX has changed to the new number below.
  • Please note – Seaplane transportation to resort-daylight hours only. Roundtrip shared transfer fees USD 695 age 12 and older, USD 399 age 2-11, free for less than 2 years. Prices include tax.
  • Please note – Mandatory guest dinner on Dec 24 and Dec 31 2018. Rates from USD 395 for child 12 years and younger, USD 895 for adults.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
My two reservations "migrated" to Marriott. They were showing in Marriott.com before, but today have a note that the confirmation numbers have changed now that they are in the Marriott system. My guess is that one of yours got stuck.

Here's the new header:
  • Please note – Heads up: your original confirmation number of XXXXX has changed to the new number below.
  • Please note – Seaplane transportation to resort-daylight hours only. Roundtrip shared transfer fees USD 695 age 12 and older, USD 399 age 2-11, free for less than 2 years. Prices include tax.
  • Please note – Mandatory guest dinner on Dec 24 and Dec 31 2018. Rates from USD 395 for child 12 years and younger, USD 895 for adults.
I thought it might be related to the migration as well. The reservation status indicates "cancelled" even though my Marriott account doesn't show any cancellation activity. Guess I'll HUACA. Incredibly aggravating.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:54 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I thought it might be related to the migration as well. The reservation status indicates "cancelled" even though my Marriott account doesn't show any cancellation activity. Guess I'll HUACA. Incredibly aggravating.
Similar problems occurred with my booking, and those of a few others, at the W Maldives when that hotel switched booking systems a few weeks ago. In that case, the only way to fix it was to reach out to the property directly, not contact Marriott central reservations, which made no sense at all but did ultimately work and the property was able to fix my booking. So I’d suggest getting the property in the loop as well.

Though I guess I should clarify, our issues were around points bookings changing to show as cash bookings, not being cancelled altogether, so possible you have a different issue. But nonetheless might have the same solution.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff

Similar problems occurred with my booking, and those of a few others, at the W Maldives when that hotel switched booking systems a few weeks ago. In that case, the only way to fix it was to reach out to the property directly, not contact Marriott central reservations, which made no sense at all but did ultimately work and the property was able to fix my booking. So I’d suggest getting the property in the loop as well.

Though I guess I should clarify, our issues were around points bookings changing to show as cash bookings, not being cancelled altogether, so possible you have a different issue. But nonetheless might have the same solution.

**UPDATE**: The StR reached out to me on their own and were able to reinstate my reservation! Wasn't expecting this welcome news.
Thanks bgriff and Mr. Vker. Marriott central was able to return my points, which were in limbo. Will try reaching out to the StR as you suggested.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Dec 11, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.