Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ashap

i had trouble getting 5 nights in 1 booking even though all 5 nights were available on points. Ended up booking 4 nights together and 1 separate. The call center rep then emailed the resort to ask them to combine the reservations and refund the 60k points. The resort responded back within a day taking care of combining the reservations.
Great, thank you!
tom-schmitt likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:58 am

I just processed an upgrade from a GV to an OWV (369/ night) for November 3-8 2019. The GV should be back into inventory now or very shortly if anyone needs nights!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Hi, I couldn't find a list, like the one in the conrad rangali thread's wiki, where everyone can put the upgrade rate she/he got. If there is one somewhere I didn't look at, please let me know. If not, maybe we could start one in the wiki.

And now a specific question to you all, does someone know how much would cost an upgrade from a garden villa to a 2-bedroom family beach villa in low season (July)?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by Artemio
Hi, I couldn't find a list, like the one in the conrad rangali thread's wiki, where everyone can put the upgrade rate she/he got. If there is one somewhere I didn't look at, please let me know. If not, maybe we could start one in the wiki.

And now a specific question to you all, does someone know how much would cost an upgrade from a garden villa to a 2-bedroom family beach villa in low season (July)?
the upgrade supplement varies based on season. Email the hotel at [email protected], they are pretty prompt in their responses.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299
the upgrade supplement varies based on season. Email the hotel at [email protected], they are pretty prompt in their responses.
I know about the season dynamic. And I also have a quote based from 2x garden villas to 1x 2-bedroom family and already a lot (too much according to me) mail exchanges with them. I just wanted to know how much (as a data point for comparison) it would cost from 1x garden villa to the family villa before I'll ask them an umpteenth request. My reasoning is should I upgrade from 1 or 2 garden villas to the family villa?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I know about the season dynamic. And I also have a quote based from 2x garden villas to 1x 2-bedroom family and already a lot (too much according to me) mail exchanges with them. I just wanted to know how much (as a data point for comparison) it would cost from 1x garden villa to the family villa before I'll ask them an umpteenth request. My reasoning is should I upgrade from 1 or 2 garden villas to the family villa?
Have you booked the 2 Garden villas on points? From what I have seen at this property the rates for the family villa are insane. I think the same would be reflected in the upgrade supplement. If you have enough number of points to book 2 Garden villas on points its a very good redemption at 60k per night. Try telling them its for a special occasion and get a discounted rate. I mentioned my wife's birthday and they offered only $200++ per night to overwater villa from garden villa. I went with W because of their option of romantic dinner at their private island.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat

I received a quote of $1600 inclusive for a 2 bedroom OW suite. With that price, booking a second villa might be a better option.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:34 am

I saw someone asking about Zika. Are there any other health concerns/vaccinations/etc that anyone did (or had recommended to them) specifically for this trip?

The CDC for example is recommending a Hep A and Typhoid...

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina.../none/maldives
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by tygran37
I saw someone asking about Zika. Are there any other health concerns/vaccinations/etc that anyone did (or had recommended to them) specifically for this trip?

The CDC for example is recommending a Hep A and Typhoid...

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina.../none/maldives
Most people in developed countries already have Hep A vaccination. If you are not sure, you should ask your doctor about this and be properly vaccinated for anything you have missed. Hep B vaccination is also a good idea. I say this simply in general, regardless of where you travel. I believe there is virtually zero added risk associated with this resort or other high end resorts in the region.

If you are only going to be staying at St. Regis, or any other similar resort, it is highly unlikely that you will be at higher risk than you are at any major hotel or resort anywhere else.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:34 am

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by Ksw299
Have you booked the 2 Garden villas on points? From what I have seen at this property the rates for the family villa are insane. I think the same would be reflected in the upgrade supplement. If you have enough number of points to book 2 Garden villas on points its a very good redemption at 60k per night. Try telling them its for a special occasion and get a discounted rate. I mentioned my wife's birthday and they offered only $200++ per night to overwater villa from garden villa. I went with W because of their option of romantic dinner at their private island.
Yes, I booked 2 garden villas on points. First quote was 1600 USD (taxes incl.) for the upgrade. I called and they brought it down to 1355 USD (taxes incl.), which is a nice gesture I don't complain.

Originally Posted by caimaster
I received a quote of $1600 inclusive for a 2 bedroom OW suite. With that price, booking a second villa might be a better option.
My reasoning is that the 2x garden villas for this period would cost, per night, (2x 1'692 =) 3'384 USD, while the family beach villa would be at 3'699 USD (taxes incl.). That's just a 315 USD difference and way below the 1355 USD mentioned above. Since seeing that this way, I can't see myself paying the upgrade.
Caimaster, with the quote you got, I'm more and more wondering if the upgrade quote I received is from 1x garden villa and not from 2x.
That's why I was asking you guys how much the upgrade would cost from only 1 garden villa (thinking of canceling one reservation).

Any ideas before I contact them asking for an upgrade quote from only 1 villa?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Just booked 8 nights on points-garden villa. The SPG rep was EXTREMELY helpful. Originally, she couldn't find avail. Then she broke up the stay into multiple reservations-preserving the 5th night free. 25th anniversary is going to be great!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:20 am

How much does it cost now for an OWV with points?
And anyone know for sure if you can cash upgrade from a GV to an OWV for only a few nights? Or does it have to be the entire stay?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by rp88
And anyone know for sure if you can cash upgrade from a GV to an OWV for only a few nights? Or does it have to be the entire stay?
Cannot answer completely direct, but the Garden was 420K for 8 nights, the SPG rep said the OWV was going to be about 1M points for 8 nights.

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Dec 6, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rp88
The offer they send back states ckearly that it has to be the full stay that is upgraded. I did not try to challenge this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The offer they send back states ckearly that it has to be the full stay that is upgraded. I did not try to challenge this.
It's also non-refundable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.