Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by outlawashere
Are you referring to this article? https://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/hot...egis-maldives/
....Now this was TPG's final verdict, no where do i see him seeking out a GM for "several days"...
Yep, that's the article Snuggs was misrepresenting, and you backed up my point. Takes awhile for new properties to get up to "brand standards" and Maldives resorts don't enforce lack of reservations usually for on site guests (not many rooms, dinner restaurants usually can handle all the guests at staggered times, and where else would one go??). If OMAAT (who is even more particular than TPG) and TPG say its one of the best resorts, I trust them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Snuggs is naysaying STR Maldives while trying to get some 60k award stays. Delusional to think one can affect bookings here. Why else would one be bashing/trolling this STR FT thread?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:56 am

Hi I’m new here.

Everybody thanks for sharing all the info on this forum..

i just want want to share little things that I know...

GV is available for 60,000, and I have booked 5 nites for 240,000.

OWV right now is at 197,500 points per night...

so 5 nights is 790,000 exactly......
(Both booked and confirm as of today)

questions...

1: I have gold status.... would it be worth it for me to take up the platinum challenge???
And what the chances of upgrading to OWV with platinum member, since there is only 4 GV but heaps of OWV??

i thought 10 days of breakfast will save me quite a bit....

2: I’m thinking of trying out JW Marriott Maldives, does anyone have any info on it? I know it was use to be called Viceroy Maldives..... do you guys think I should go for 5 days St Regis and 5 days JW marriotts?

3: how about Westin? That just opened?? It is in preserved biosphere area? So reef will be amazing??

4: I’m travelling with 2 kids of 6 and 4....

I guess I’m just thinking should I try 5 days in 2 diffeeent resorts or just all 10 days in 1 resorts!!

thanks in advance for anyone’s comment and feed back!

Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cabbit

I guess I’m just thinking should I try 5 days in 2 diffeeent resorts or just all 10 days in 1 resorts!!

thanks in advance for anyone’s comment and feed back!

Do remember there is no way to go in between resorts unless you do a private charter. Factor in the flights and transfer to and from MLE every time you transfer resorts.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:45 am

Thanks for that!!

STR just quoted me 11,000 to travel between STR to W directly 🤣
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:06 am

Are there any reviews of the Garden Villa? Cant seem to find any online. Also what are the odds of a Plat Premier with Ambassador being upgraded? Should i speak to my ambassador? (Although she hasn't been great at all for my 200+ nights this year.)
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Are there any reviews of the Garden Villa? Cant seem to find any online. Also what are the odds of a Plat Premier with Ambassador being upgraded? Should i speak to my ambassador? (Although she hasn't been great at all for my 200+ nights this year.)
Your odds are 2% if you want an upgrade for free. 98% if you are willing to pay $390/night.
MaldivesFreak likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by kristyw0606
I think TPG has said it's around $67 a day, per person (!)
Hmm. I read on his article that PLAT don't get the full spread at breakfast.

anyone have experience?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:54 am

anyone have experience?
Plat gets full breakfast. It is one of the best breakfast in the SPG chain, if not the best. I still remember how good the maldivian curry is.
Lunch and dinner range from very good to mediocre.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:57 am

anyone have experience?
What in the article implies you don't get full breakfast?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
What in the article implies you don't get full breakfast?
"SPG Platinum members are only entitled to continental breakfast, but we were allowed to order anything, including specialty egg dishes."

Only continental; which makes me think there is a separate section? Or am I reading too much into it? lol

Edit: NVM, i re-read it, i guess he meant plats are normally only entitled to continental breakfast but at STR Maldives its way beyond continental breakfast...

Last edited by outlawashere; Sep 9, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cabbit
STR just quoted me 11,000 to travel between STR to W directly 🤣
11K for a 140km one way journey, eh. Must be on their gold plated yacht which runs on gold instead of 4-stroke, LOL. I swear they must have someone sitting in the office who throws a few semi-loaded dice and adds some zeros to the total whenever someone asks for a quote for something they don't have a price for.
tom-schmitt likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

What is the resort that is under construction 1km outside of STR?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Yep, that's the article Snuggs was misrepresenting, and you backed up my point. Takes awhile for new properties to get up to "brand standards" and Maldives resorts don't enforce lack of reservations usually for on site guests (not many rooms, dinner restaurants usually can handle all the guests at staggered times, and where else would one go??). If OMAAT (who is even more particular than TPG) and TPG say its one of the best resorts, I trust them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Snuggs is naysaying STR Maldives while trying to get some 60k award stays. Delusional to think one can affect bookings here. Why else would one be bashing/trolling this STR FT thread?
So when / where was the last Maldives resort you stayed at?

Why is it you read the STR FT Thread and people you disagree with "Troll"

Sorry to disappoint you again Bucko, but as I said, I paid for the St Regis Suite. ... You know, hard western currency. As there is nothing to upgrade from that room to, I didn't ask.

Last edited by Snuggs; Sep 9, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
I was in 517. The island under construction was blocked by the main resort, so east/south/east.

What disappointed me about the SR: No real privacy in the St Regis Suite. Limited sand beach area. You can't really go into the water from your deck because of the rocks and the rather swift current. Even the bikes felt like they had bene through the war.

In my experience, the SR service was generally excellent, though the service in the room just average. A bowl of fruit rotted away in our room during our stay, and all attempts to put it where the staff would notice it went for naught. I requested in advance that the resort make a reservation in Mali on my last evening. The day before they advised me that the restaurant was closed that day. Again, hardly five star. I think the St Regis was a late comer to the Maldives and should have passed, or done more to make up for the fact that the better locations were all taken.

My visit to SRV was nahhhh. I didn't bother to express my disappointment as presumably a five star facility is aware of the issues. I have never asked a hotel for points as compensation, for good reason. 1) I would never return 2) I rarely use points myself, I give them away to my friends and staff.

To those that have had experiences of what TPG wrote, I applaud you. It's certainly possible I could have failed to properly interpret a review. Then again, it's entirely possible that they could have been edited.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
11K for a 140km one way journey, eh. Must be on their gold plated yacht which runs on gold instead of 4-stroke, LOL. I swear they must have someone sitting in the office who throws a few semi-loaded dice and adds some zeros to the total whenever someone asks for a quote for something they don't have a price for.
Price seems right if they were going to take you aboard Norma!

https://www.travelforsenses.com/st-r...-luxury-yacht/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.