Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tygran37
Ha, seriously? 50% points earned bonus is completely worthless?

That's stupid.
Nono it's not worthless, but it only applies to qualifying charges on your final folio, such as room charges and food.

I was just saying that the bonus does not apply to credit card earnings, which makes complete sense if you think about it.
tygran37 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Two simple questions, Sunset OWV OR St. Regis Suite? Preferred room number for whichever you suggest??

Thank you!

Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
- 20% off food & beverage
Nope, unless something has recently changed
Is there anything else of significance?
10% off spa treatments and babysitting
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ps9a
Nope, unless something has recently changed
tygran37 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jaycis
Can't click on the link, but if there's really 20% off, that's great. It was not the case when I stayed in Nov, and I don't think I've read of anyone receiving this benefit. Maybe I just missed it, or maybe it's new?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Can't click on the link, but if there's really 20% off, that's great. It was not the case when I stayed in Nov, and I don't think I've read of anyone receiving this benefit. Maybe I just missed it, or maybe it's new?
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to link it with the location pre-filled in, but yes I believe this is new from the merger. The resort might not even be aware of it, but now you have something to show them if they try to deny you the benefit.
The general website is https://marriottmembersdinemore.com/
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:55 pm

My travel circumstances have changed and I might possibly have to visit StR solo. Will it be boring as a solo traveler there? Not ideal, but I figure it's a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Last edited by iluvdoco; Sep 6, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Any recent bookings successful?
Was just able to make a confirmed Garden Villa booking - 5 nights for 240,000 points via the SPG app! Have been trying for weeks and it finally went through! Looks as if there is points availability for many dates in 2019 at that rate!

Note: I had the reservation booked as a cash reservation and then successfully cancelled it online, waited a few minutes and the Garden Villa reappeared in inventory at which time I was able to book with points.

Last edited by guy_listening; Sep 6, 2018 at 1:45 pm Reason: Added Note
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:56 pm

What were the cancellation terms?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Originally Posted by guy_listening
Was just able to make a confirmed Garden Villa booking - 5 nights for 240,000 points via the SPG app! Have been trying for weeks and it finally went through! Looks as if there is points availability for many dates in 2019 at that rate!

Note: I had the reservation booked as a cash reservation and then successfully cancelled it online, waited a few minutes and the Garden Villa reappeared in inventory at which time I was able to book with points.
I am struggling to replicate this, is this serious or a once off?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by TopGunner
I was able to do this 2 times. I first booked the dates right after my preferred dates to ensure it would actually book then once it did I cancelled my cash booking - waited a few minutes and was able to book my preferred dates. Then I cancelled the first points reservation. If you are having trouble finding availability I see May 20-25, 2019 open for the 240,000 rate.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
What were the cancellation terms?
Cancellation Details: If you cancel before 06:00 PM hotel time **One month before check-in** there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel between 06:00 PM hotel time **One month before check-in** 06:00 PM hotel time on **Two weeks before check-in** the forfeiture amount will be USD 4,375.00. If you cancel after 06:00 PM hotel time **Two weeks before check-in** the forfeiture amount will be USD 8,750.00. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.

Edited out my personal dates.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TopGunner
Just replicated...I did it with the SPG app. All my previous attempts were done in the Marriott app

I now logged in via a desktop browser to the Marriott site and the reservation shows up there. Awesome!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by guy_listening
Cancellation Details: If you cancel before 06:00 PM hotel time **One month before check-in** there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel between 06:00 PM hotel time **One month before check-in** 06:00 PM hotel time on **Two weeks before check-in** the forfeiture amount will be USD 4,375.00. If you cancel after 06:00 PM hotel time **Two weeks before check-in** the forfeiture amount will be USD 8,750.00. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.

Edited out my personal dates.
Is that what was shown in the app before booking? All I can see are terms that say no cancellation 100% forfeiture
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
Just replicated...I did it with the SPG app. All my previous attempts were done in the Marriott app

I now logged in via a desktop browser to the Marriott site and the reservation shows up there. Awesome!
What terms did you see prior to booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.