Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
What kind of taxes/fees do we have to pay on an award reservation?
Only seaplane transfers are mandatory, no other taxes on room rate itself. On all other activities (dining, excursions, spa) 10% service charge and 12% tax.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I'm cancelling 4 cash reservations at the St.Regis Maldives around the dates of Oct 28 - Nov 4th 2018. Some are Garden Villas. May this open up award space for some of you guys.

Best of luck

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:10 pm

FWIW, In 2016 we spent about $1000 on food/drink only at the Conrad Maldives. With Hilton status the resort offer free breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktail. We skipped lunch but eat dinner, we did not bring food to the resort. We didn't do any other activities besides the house reef snorkeling (free).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:13 pm

TMA does not fly between resorts, you have to back to MLE. Your cheaper option to extend your trip is to stay a few days at the Sheraton or Holiday Inn as they require boat transfer which cost less than the seaplane.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by countingmiles
TMA does not fly between resorts, you have to back to MLE. Your cheaper option to extend your trip is to stay a few days at the Sheraton or Holiday Inn as they require boat transfer which cost less than the seaplane.
​​​​​​​I figured...I think I'm just going to go with a cheaper cash option with a boat transfer. Will be good to check out the spectrum of hotels. If I can extend my stay that'd be ideal, but then again, based on all the food and other costs, it might be better to not stay too long at the hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ahbitheman
I figured...I think I'm just going to go with a cheaper cash option with a boat transfer. Will be good to check out the spectrum of hotels. If I can extend my stay that'd be ideal, but then again, based on all the food and other costs, it might be better to not stay too long at the hotel.
Just my 2 cents but i wouldn't jump around hotels or doing all that transfer. The whole point of maldive is relax and enjoy not to create too much hassle for yourself. Between all the transfer and checking in and out of different hotels it would ruin the whole experience for me. Why pay so much money to go there and run around, waitng for transfer, figuring out all the logistic if one thing goes wrong it would mess up the trip.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:00 pm
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Don’t even think about it. You might be lucky but if not you are paying a fortune to sit in your room ( albeit a very nice) cannot understand why anyone would contemplate going outside peak season of Dec - March. Maldives are different as absolutely nothing to do if incremental weather conditions. Spend your money on either st Regis Bali or bora where weather is good (even if not you can still escape the resort
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

Hotel is definitely up to something now - they have wide open availability for 10+ garden villas, but nothing available on points (and they only have 4 garden villas at the property). As an experiment I released two paid nights that were made when there was points availability, and nothing is showing on points for those nights. It's been about 30 mins...something is not right.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:02 pm

What dates are you looking at? I checked a few random dates from Jan-April and didnt see any GV open.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I think the hotel is totally closed off to points bookings currently and they have maybe decided that most people. The wide open availability of GV compared to a few days ago is a bit odd however. I am hoping for an update from my Ambassador today on the situation as I am actually looking to do a mixed points stay and paid stay in the next 6 weeks or so and with their cancellation policy isnt long left and I need to get flights sorted!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by captainamerica
What dates are you looking at? I checked a few random dates from Jan-April and didnt see any GV open.
Look in the next few weeks (September for example) and you will see lots of GVs available for cash, and nothing at all for points

And September rates are somewhat low relatively speaking because it's low season, you can find cash rates barely above $1,000 for the GV and they even pay for the plane transfer for 2 adults (which is significant savings) and other perks in the "honeymoon journey" rate package if you book for 4+ days.

If you offer your cash rates at a discount, it's because you have plenty of availability and if you still do not allow points under those conditions then what will it take?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by escape4
Look in the next few weeks (September for example) and you will see lots of GVs available for cash, and nothing at all for points

And September rates are somewhat low relatively speaking because it's low season, you can find cash rates barely above $1,000 for the GV and they even pay for the plane transfer for 2 adults (which is significant savings) and other perks in the "honeymoon journey" rate package if you book for 4+ days.

If you offer your cash rates at a discount, it's because you have plenty of availability and if you still do not allow points under those conditions then what will it take?
I think at the moment the IT is blocking showing any points rates rather than the hotel itself. It was screwed up during the merge and as yet they haven't got it resolved and as such points rates have been turned off.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I think at the moment the IT is blocking showing any points rates rather than the hotel itself. It was screwed up during the merge and as yet they haven't got it resolved and as such points rates have been turned off.
You might be right. But I do not understand why Sheraton Maldives is showing points but St.Regis is not despite entry level rooms being available. What is it about the IT element which is different for StR than Sheraton?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
You might be right. But I do not understand why Sheraton Maldives is showing points but St.Regis is not despite entry level rooms being available. What is it about the IT element which is different for StR than Sheraton?
All Suite accomodation
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:08 am

Yea, but they are also offering more GV than they actually have. They only have 4, and I can search and view 10 at a time! Something is up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.