Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:09 am

There is no set schedule but expect to leave somewhere in the vicinity of 0730 to 0900, perhaps 0930 at the latest.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:26 pm

I will be visiting mid-October...is it possible to go on a Whale Shark excursion from the St. Regis?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:25 pm

For this kind of question I suggest emailing the resort.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:23 pm

Did a Whale/Dolphin cruise, didn't see either. No one else signed up so it was just the two of us. Ended up being very cheap but kinda boring.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:32 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Looks like the StR Maldives is getting a 66' Azimut motor yacht. Very nice. Thanks to @MikeFromTokyo for the tip.

MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Looks like the StR Maldives is getting a 66' Azimut motor yacht. Very nice. Thanks to @MikeFromTokyo for the tip.

https://twitter.com/StRegisMaldives/...79917506363392
^^^^
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Hi All,

New to flyertalk, and am thankful to have found this thread with all your insights!

I will be going there late Nov. and I feel most of my questions about the resort has been answered, however, was wondering if anyone had any tips/recommendations on doing visiting Male en route to/from the island?

Were you able to leave your suitcase at the lounge and was it easy to get out of the airport and spend a few hours in Male?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by CanadianGeese
Hi All,

New to flyertalk, and am thankful to have found this thread with all your insights!

I will be going there late Nov. and I feel most of my questions about the resort has been answered, however, was wondering if anyone had any tips/recommendations on doing visiting Male en route to/from the island?

Were you able to leave your suitcase at the lounge and was it easy to get out of the airport and spend a few hours in Male?

Thanks in advance!
Definitely able to leave bags at the lounge and head out to the city. They will also arrange a free guide for you.
bhrubin and CanadianGeese like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:55 am

Flight award availability being what it is may have us arriving 3 nights before our stay here (can't change the Vommuli dates as it was booked under an award promo). Is there anywhere close to MLE that doesn't require a sea plane transfer and is worth staying for a few days ?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:37 pm

You could try Jumeirah Vittaveli. 5-star luxury resort, expensive but only a few kilometres southwest of MLE and I think far enough away that you won't be bothered by passenger jets flying overhead which is something you should consider when staying close to the capital.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Reserving Activities and Restaurants

Delete

Last edited by cshel; Oct 10, 2017 at 10:25 am
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:04 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by nohbdy
Flight award availability being what it is may have us arriving 3 nights before our stay here (can't change the Vommuli dates as it was booked under an award promo). Is there anywhere close to MLE that doesn't require a sea plane transfer and is worth staying for a few days ?

There is nothing worth visiting male for. It is only good for a one night stopover. Would recommend Sheraton which is around 10-15 minutes speedboat ride. Never stayed there but it looks ok and definitely better than staying on the mainland
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by fdem
There is nothing worth visiting male for. It is only good for a one night stopover. Would recommend Sheraton which is around 10-15 minutes speedboat ride. Never stayed there but it looks ok and definitely better than staying on the mainland
Thanks, as a plat, it looks the Sheraton is the best option. Snagged a BRG rate there for 3 nights. Still debating whether or not to lengthen the stay at Vommuli for 2 nights on points instead (spending the first night near airport).
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:32 am

Also, Orientale and Whale Bar menus are posted upthread in post #420 if someone wants to update the wiki (I'm still short on posts to update the wiki)
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:10 am

Done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.