Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA MP (DH is MM 1K, so yeah! so am I!), SPG Platinum/LTG, Marriott Platinum Premier/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Do you get the 5th night free with this promo?
I can confirm this as we have a reservation in October. 234k points for 5 nights (and I just adjusted the nights we are going about an hour ago).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jmkclee
I can confirm this as we have a reservation in October. 234k points for 5 nights (and I just adjusted the nights we are going about an hour ago).
Hey! Have fun, looking forward to your trip report!

(Just hopped in to say hi because I'm also in the NoVA area, and I myself am also going in January for 7 nights)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
The 58,500 points per night promo books into an OWV. The coding in the system shows as seen below for a 2 night award booking...

The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
PILOT CAT7 STE3 2NTS
Glad I found this before my trip. Missed out on the original 30k/night deal last year, and coughed up 90k/night for my stay in July. Called up SPG and indeed, this lower rate is available for OWV.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: LH Senator, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Do you get the 5th night free with this promo?
Not OP, but can confirm that 58.5k + 5th night free work together.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by bookeew
Not OP, but can confirm that 58.5k + 5th night free work together.
I was quoted 230k for 5 nights during off peak season (feb '18). Am I missing something?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:31 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Originally Posted by randomdude
I was quoted 230k for 5 nights during off peak season (feb '18). Am I missing something?
Correct, 5 nights normally would be [90K*(5-1)] 360K points. With the 35% off promo it will cost [57.5*(5-1)] 230K.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Correct, 5 nights normally would be [90K*(5-1)] 360K points. With the 35% off promo it will cost [57.5*(5-1)] 230K.
Thanks! Apologize, that info was actually available few posts above...
So it seems that the promo mentioned in several blogs is long gone (30k/night).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
I've got my stay coming up in July and I'm already having a bumpy experience with the St. Regis Maldives staff.

If you remember back to August 2016, (https://thepointsguy.com/2016/08/spg...egis-maldives/), the St. Regis Maldives began allowing point redemptions at these phenomenal rates. I had booked one night in the Garden Villa (31,500), one night in the Beach Villa (60,000), and 5 nights in the Overwater St. Regis Suite (360,000 points).

The in-house reservations/butler team is insisting with me that I booked the "Overwater Villa w/ Pool" instead for those 5 nights and is telling me I have to pay $600/night to upgrade to the "Overwater St. Regis Suite" even though I already redeemed points for the Overwater St. Regis Suite. I have never been more heated in my time as an SPG member and my ambassador is helping me out through this.

Turns out the hotel switched my room category in October without telling me from an Overwater St. Regis Suite to an Overwater Villa w/ Pool, and not only did they not bother to tell me that, but they kept all the points I spent on the Overwater St. Regis Suite.

This is terrible customer service, and to already have a bad experience before I even arrive is unacceptable. My ambassador is amazing and I'm confident she'll be able to fix this for me, but for the resort to start off like this has me worried. This is a mistake on the hotel's end that is worth 260,000 Starpoints. Ridiculous!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
For people that have stayed at St. Regis and Park Hyatt which one would use choose for the best snorkeling and for a honeymoon couple. Going Feb 2018
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
For people that have stayed at St. Regis and Park Hyatt which one would use choose for the best snorkeling and for a honeymoon couple. Going Feb 2018
I'm not sure how the reef has held up at Park Hyatt since January 2014, but it was wonderfully healthy when we were there and a much better experience for snorkeling than the St. Regis Maldives in February 2017. That being said, the St. Regis is a far more luxurious resort with much higher end food as far as we could tell. It all depends on so many factors that you prefer but I'm glad we went to both of them.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by spellbound2
I'm not sure how the reef has held up at Park Hyatt since January 2014, but it was wonderfully healthy when we were there and a much better experience for snorkeling than the St. Regis Maldives in February 2017. That being said, the St. Regis is a far more luxurious resort with much higher end food as far as we could tell. It all depends on so many factors that you prefer but I'm glad we went to both of them.
I will go further to say that if you have any hopes for snorkelling, DON'T go here. We webt because it was cheap and because I wanted to experience "the Maldives" as far as sea life goes to see if it's better than Tahiti / Cooks, but were *sorely* disappointed - the reef is bordering on dead. I think they're working on reviving it and later experiences might turn out to be far different, but for now, there's nothing impressive there as far as coral reefs go. Even snorkelling expeditions are a bit so-so.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I will go further to say that if you have any hopes for snorkelling, DON'T go here. We webt because it was cheap and because I wanted to experience "the Maldives" as far as sea life goes to see if it's better than Tahiti / Cooks, but were *sorely* disappointed - the reef is bordering on dead. I think they're working on reviving it and later experiences might turn out to be far different, but for now, there's nothing impressive there as far as coral reefs go. Even snorkelling expeditions are a bit so-so.
When did you go and which resort?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
When did you go and which resort?
Eh? The StR Maldives, in December 2016.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
We webt because it was cheap and because I wanted to experience "the Maldives" as far as sea life goes to see if it's better than Tahiti / Cooks, but were *sorely* disappointed - the reef is bordering on dead.
Was that 'went' or 'wept'. Or a bit of both.

Shame the coral is in the same poor state in many places around the world thesedays.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Was that 'went' or 'wept'. Or a bit of both.

Shame the coral is in the same poor state in many places around the world thesedays.
Hahahaha. So true. A bit of both, I guess.

A friend just went to the Cooks. It looks just as spectacular as always there, somehow. I need to make my way back there - I knew I wouldn't ever find a second place that's nearly as stunning...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.