Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by kkl
So property is not participating in the 20% off for Plats?
What makes you say this? It's listed on the web page *right now* for 20% at all restaurants.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
So I was able to book two nights in an OWV at 80k points before the price hike back-to-back with three nights in the GV at 60k points per night. Anyone ever have any success on getting the fifth night free on different reservations/room types?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
I specifically asked about this in an email, and the reply was a firm no. They also said it was a mistake, and they were in the process of getting their property removed from that website.

Originally Posted by tygran37
What makes you say this? It's listed on the web page *right now* for 20% at all restaurants.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by cabbit
i dont think u can get upgrade. The entire resort is villa... hence even with platinum status and suite u won’t get upgrade!
Just confirmed that's still the case post-IT conversion.

For all the comments on the reef: it's still recovering from the construction (will take years) plus you can get the dive shop to take you somewhere else. As the other poster said, you go to STR for the above water experience. If you want excellent, not just good OVR snorkeling, go elsewhere.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by incognitoMD
I specifically asked about this in an email, and the reply was a firm no. They also said it was a mistake, and they were in the process of getting their property removed from that website.
Which kinda makes sense as the 20% off is meant to entice people to eat "on resort/hotel" when there are other dining options off-site. Not like you can go anywhere else in Maldives.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Which kinda makes sense as the 20% off is meant to entice people to eat "on resort/hotel" when there are other dining options off-site. Not like you can go anywhere else in Maldives.
I mean I don't disagree with you. But that's still lame.

Mind if I ask who confirmed this in an email? In my specific case I'm strongly considering a mattress run just to get platinum just because of a stay here... will not be happy if that benefit doesn't exist.

Will the free breakfast at least still exist?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Hi, any experience with the hobiecat sailing?
According to the acitivities list it should be available but I haven’t see /read anything about it in any tripreport.
And is there a half-price Happy Hour at the whale-bar like in many other resorts?
I really enojy if there is a place where guest can mingle like at Conrad Rangali.
At the Taj Exotica or the Park Hyatt for example they didn’t have a Happy Hour and it was very quiet and a little boring in the bar before or after dinner, as there weren‘t any guests.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

You'd think that they'd have the decency to accept the fact that it's advertised to the world and they should suck it up. You can't just be on a list and when it suits you say "No, we aren't / shouldn't be on that list".
If this property was in Japan or Korea they would either have a notice on their website that it was a mistake or they would honour it, no questions asked, should you be there and bring it up with management. Just shows you what US corporations can and do get away with.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 10, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Hi, any experience with the hobiecat sailing?
According to the acitivities list it should be available but I haven’t see /read anything about it in any tripreport.
And is there a half-price Happy Hour at the whale-bar like in many other resorts?
I really enojy if there is a place where guest can mingle like at Conrad Rangali.
At the Taj Exotica or the Park Hyatt for example they didn’t have a Happy Hour and it was very quiet and a little boring in the bar before or after dinner, as there weren‘t any guests.
No half price happy hour that I'm aware of. Not many deals to be had here.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Anndr000

oh I see... what about the part on their website that says (ONE WAY)? Is it really 665 for one way per person??...
Better not be!

It's roundtrip.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
PH has HH for Globalists only (canapes and one drink). Wife and I didn't see one other couple do it during our 5 nights. People really only came out at sunset for the manager's reception
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
PH has HH for Globalists only (canapes and one drink). Wife and I didn't see one other couple do it during our 5 nights. People really only came out at sunset for the manager's reception
yeah and we found that very sad...we also took advantage of the Globalist sundowner, only other guests at the bar were the people who also had Globalist benefits and the ones who took the all-you-can-drink package
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kristyw0606
I think TPG has said it's around $67 a day, per person (!)
That looks about right. The website has it at $55/day, which I presume is $55++, or about $67.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact...ommuli-resort/

Compare that with the W Maldives, which has breakfast complimentary.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact...wh-w-maldives/

Just as with the 20% Plat benefit, these hotels, be it the StR or the W, should honor what's on the website. People are relying on on this stuff when making reservations and booking plane tickets.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by whimike
Your odds are 2% if you want an upgrade for free. 98% if you are willing to pay $390/night.

I don't think this is true.

I didn't ask for an upgrade but the butler proactively asked if we wanted one (was actually going to decline because we didn't want the hassle of moving). So while it was halfway into the stay, we did get a complimentary upgrade.

I think the butlers have A LOT of power over extending perks so be on good terms with them and they might just comp some things (including meals, upgrades). (We also got free breakfasts too ... we had a customer service issue over luggage being delayed which wasn't the hotel's fault, but the butler said no worries, complimentary breakfast for everyone. Yes, I have platinum status for free breakfast for two people but we were more than two people.)

My overall thought about the resort is that customer service is excellent when you are there (obviously highly dependent on the butler) but beforehand, they aren't the most customer service friendly. Oh, and they don't like to extend further discounts especially on points stays.

Last edited by lifeisart; Sep 10, 2018 at 2:49 pm Reason: about the breakfast
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Full-heartedly agree they should honor the discount.

I think if you ask beforehand, they won't be too happy about it, but in person at check out, I think you have a good chance of getting your discount if you can show that it was online.

And, if not, contact Marriott customer service about this.

I forgot the platinum 10% off spa treatment discount ... and they did NOT proactively give me the discount. They also did NOT give me points for any dining or activities from my stay either. At this point, I won't argue with them about it but given the conversations I've had with the hotel, it would be like pulling teeth to get these things credited.

I really feel like the resort hates being part of a chain and hates point redemptions. It really LOVES the high net worth people who stay at the hotel paying full price though. But, again, on the property you have a butler there to take care of you, and that person can extend additional benefits while on property. Be sure to tip him/her well.

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
That looks about right. The website has it at $55/day, which I presume is $55++, or about $67.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact...ommuli-resort/

Compare that with the W Maldives, which has breakfast complimentary.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact...wh-w-maldives/

Just as with the 20% Plat benefit, these hotels, be it the StR or the W, should honor what's on the website. People are relying on on this stuff when making reservations and booking plane tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.