Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Seven7
I'm guessing this is a stupid question

Two simple questions, Sunset OWV OR St. Regis Suite? Preferred room number for whichever you suggest??

Thank you!

Which do you prefer, larger room or sunsets? Have a look a photos of each, you'll see the st. regis suite is larger. Personally, I'm happy watching sunsets at whale bar and prefer an OWV on the far end facing outwards to have more privacy. The map in the wiki has the St. Regis Suites highlighted so you can see which spots they are in. Or get the best of both, and take the St. Regis suite on the sunset set.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:37 am

Wow. Seaplane fee is up to $695 (!!!).

W is $475.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
It was $595 initially, looks like they hiked it again. Seems like they will want to compensate all those points booking through increasing prices of incidentals, too bad.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by vikasr
I am trying to make booking using points but unable to do so at this time.
Using Marriott or SPG apps, when I click to book it takes me to the starwood website and it says page not found. Also, the cancellation terms on the app shows non refundable.
Using the desktop version when I click on the points shown, then on the next page the option to use points vanishes, like it was happening in the very beginning.

Have they changed something again?
Cancellation terms in app also show as non-refundable, but after pulling up the reservation on my desktop, the normal cancellation terms are shown. Also no mention of an additional $1200 room charge... Im guessing it's an app glitch.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Sep 7, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Cancellation terms in app also show as non-refundable. ??
Yes, cancellation term on app before booking shows as non refundable for any and all dates I checked.
I do not know whether it changes after booking and that the terms shown on confirmation is different. I woyld also like to know about this as I want to book refundable booking only.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by porkie
It was $595 initially, looks like they hiked it again. Seems like they will want to compensate all those points booking through increasing prices of incidentals, too bad.
I don't know that it was ever $595 - I paid $645 November 2016, only weeks after opening.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
For me it shows flexible cancellation in the app, up to 1 month before arrival.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by vikasr
Yes, cancellation term on app before booking shows as non refundable for any and all dates I checked.
I do not know whether it changes after booking and that the terms shown on confirmation is different. I woyld also like to know about this as I want to book refundable booking only.
Appears to only show the non-refundable cancellation and additional charges on the initial app screen. Checking my reservation in-app and on the desktop post-app reservation shows normal terms (i.e. flexible cancellation 1 month before arrival, no additional charges). Will check with CS later.

Last edited by iluvdoco; Sep 7, 2018 at 7:16 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:45 am

Just booked 6 nights for a garden villa in March!!!!!!! Availability wide open right now so hop on it!!! I'm seeing most nights available. Looks like they finally released their peak nights too!!!!!!!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter
Just booked 6 nights for a garden villa in March!!!!!!! Availability wide open right now so hop on it!!! I'm seeing most nights available. Looks like they finally released their peak nights too!!!!!!!
Thank you!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:08 am

Has anyone been able to book an OWV lately? I wonder if the number of points will decrease from the previously quoted amounts?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA LT PLT
Was not able to book using points on the app, but GV was showing available, so I called and was able to book @ 60K. Will probably end up at the W for 25K more/night for an OWV, given the better house reef. But at least I have an option. To upgrade from the GV to OWV, for 5 nights, was 240k --> 720k! If that doesn't come back down to earth, it will make my decision easy. W for sure.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Was not able to book using points on the app, but GV was showing available, so I called and was able to book @ 60K. Will probably end up at the W for 25K more/night for an OWV, given the better house reef. But at least I have an option. To upgrade from the GV to OWV, for 5 nights, was 240k --> 720k! If that doesn't come back down to earth, it will make my decision easy. W for sure.
I'm in the same boat. Locked in a GV for 240k st StR, but would really like to get an OWV on points. Guess we will see, and if not might move to the W as well.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:33 am

Am I crazy for changing my St. Regis reservation (85k for over water) for the W fabulous overwater oasis?

Snorkeling is important to me, but also the W rooms seem more private compared to the St. Regis "sunrise" side rooms.

Would anyone else choose the W over the St. Regis for the same number of points??
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:41 am

For me it's more of whether I would ever pay cash for a room. I am more likely to pay cash for an OWV at the W Maldives compared to the GV at the St Regis. I would also just upgrade myself with cash for maybe the last 2 nights at the St Regis to experience an OWV there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.