Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Free agent
The cash difference between the 5 nights in peak season of my booking was $1,100, inclusive of tax, between the rack rate for a GV and an OWV. That makes the $246 price quoted above seem just about right. I'm guessing it will depend on supply/demand when you arrive, if they have 10 open OWV vs. 1 open OWV your upgrade price will vary.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
Last time I checked to upgrade from a standard OWV to a sunset it was " $450 per night plus 10% service charge and 12% Government Tax "
What's the upgrade price between a standard OWV to a beach villa? How much different is a beach villa than a GV?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
What's the upgrade price between a standard OWV to a beach villa? How much different is a beach villa than a GV?
I think beach villa is very similar to garden, with a smaller pool. When I toured it I felt it lacked the privacy of the garden villa...not sure if more vegetation is there now or not.

I wouldn't pay to 'upgrade' from an OWV...that's my opinion.

Last edited by tylerc; Aug 25, 2018 at 7:03 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
I think beach villa is very similar to garden, with a smaller pool. When I toured it I felt it lacked the privacy of the garden villa...not sure if more vegetation is there now or not.

I wouldn't pay to 'upgrade' from an OWV...that's my opinion.
Thanks tylerc. From looking at the website, BV looks like a GV situated directly on the beach..not sure if it's larger than the OWV or GV? I would probably just self-downgrade to a GV without paying an extra fee to upgrade to a BV.

Any idea what the upgrade price is from a OWV to a St. Regis Suite?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:26 am

Thanks tylerc. From looking at the website, BV looks like a GV situated directly on the beach..not sure if it's larger than the OWV or GV? I would probably just self-downgrade to a GV without paying an extra fee to upgrade to a BV.

Any idea what the upgrade price is from a OWV to a St. Regis Suite?
I'm not sure, but is there some reason why you don't want the OWV? It's an excellent room - thoroughly enjoyed it!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:56 am

The website is showing phantom garden space...I can search 10 and see availability. The resort only has 4...no points showing for those nights, so I'm not sure if the cash rate would even work if one tried to book it.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:31 am

July

i was able to get owv in July of next year on points. But I am concerned with the weather as I heard it is typhoon season. Anyone have been there during this time before ? Is it worth it ?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:54 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Maybe interesting for the people who go there in future, here are the actual Platinum Elite Benefits:

- Welcome Gift: 1000 points® per stay OR Local Gift OR Breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Alba per day (Member +1)

- 4pm Late Check-out (subject to availability)

- Enhanced Room upgrade (subject to availability)

- 10% Discount on Spa Treatments excluding Spa Packages

- Complimentary Wi-Fi

- Personalized St. Regis Butler Service

(I asked because I thought wrong that you would get 20% discount on food but someone here write it is not, so this point is clear now)

And as some users already wrote, I recomend everyone who want to go there to look at the St. Regis menu.
They are online at the St. Regis website (the prices are without tax and without service charge) so you can get an imagine how much you have to spend for eating (which will be quite a lot).
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by CL9
Maybe interesting for the people who go there in future, here are the actual Platinum Elite Benefits:

- Welcome Gift: 1000 points® per stay OR Local Gift OR Breakfast at our all day dining restaurant, Alba per day (Member +1)

- Complimentary Wi-Fi

(I asked because I thought wrong that you would get 20% discount on food but someone here write it is not, so this point is clear now)

And as some users already wrote, I recomend everyone who want to go there to look at the St. Regis menu.
They are online at the St. Regis website (the prices are without tax and without service charge) so you can get an imagine how much you have to spend for eating (which will be quite a lot).

Yes, I highly recommend everyone cancel their GV reservations IMMEDIATELY. Please PM me when you do, I will make sure to follow back up with the StR to make sure they are indeed cancelled.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by CL9

- Complimentary Wi-Fi

I was happy to see the mini-bar menu still has Heineken for $11 hahahaha

W has cheaper wine and food + 20% platinum discount.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:15 pm

I'm not sure, but is there some reason why you don't want the OWV? It's an excellent room - thoroughly enjoyed it!
Oh I definitely plan on enjoying the OWV for a couple nights. Just figured it would be fun to try a different room while I'm there.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:02 pm

Has anyone been able to book with points today?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:21 pm

Oh I definitely plan on enjoying the OWV for a couple nights. Just figured it would be fun to try a different room while I'm there.

We toured almost all of the other rooms, including the John Jacob Astor suite (it was still being furnished)...but only stayed in the OWV.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:00 pm

I was quoted $616 for an upgrade from OWV to beach from the hotel. I really want a beach villa for a day, so I may do it. I’ve done garden villa and OWV last year.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Has anyone been able to book with points today?
Yes but at for the OWV at the much higher rate.

I booked 5 nts @ 85k. Need to add a sixth, but this increase is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.