Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:51 am
kkl

Most of the garden villas seem to have disappeared. and those that are available show up to be booked, but unable to confirm booking?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Please keep in mind that cash availability = points "availability", there are no reliable confirmations of anyone being able to book them on points - be it on the website (no availability after SPG redirection), mobile app (error on last stage) or phone support (they're unable to book right now).

The disappearing availability is probably people booking them with cash on refundable rates and hoping to convert them to points booking once it becomes available later on. This is also what I did, I have 4 different 5-nights refundable cash reservations for the garden villa for different dates (living in Dubai just a 3h flight away so I plan to visit every 3 months for the next year).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by porkie
Please keep in mind that cash availability = points "availability", there are no reliable confirmations of anyone being able to book them on points - be it on the website (no availability after SPG redirection), mobile app (error on last stage) or phone support (they're unable to book right now).

The disappearing availability is probably people booking them with cash on refundable rates and hoping to convert them to points booking once it becomes available later on. This is also what I did, I have 4 different 5-nights refundable cash reservations for the garden villa for different dates (living in Dubai just a 3h flight away so I plan to visit every 3 months for the next year).
Really hope people won’t be allowed to do that (no offense) lol
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Westin
Really hope people won’t be allowed to do that (no offense) lol
Can't see why not? For base category rooms you can always switch between points and cash rates and this is true for any property. For StR Maldives base category room is the garden villa which is confirmed through the availability on Marriott's page (garden villa available = points rate available, otherwise no points availability).

By this logic, once award redemptions are enabled you there should be no issues with changing the rate from cash to points directly in "modify reservation".
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Can't see why not? For base category rooms you can always switch between points and cash rates and this is true for any property. For StR Maldives base category room is the garden villa which is confirmed through the availability on Marriott's page (garden villa available = points rate available, otherwise no points availability).

By this logic, once award redemptions are enabled you there should be no issues with changing the rate from cash to points directly in "modify reservation".
In my experience there needs to be availability in the room type you are modifying to modify it.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
In my experience there needs to be availability in the room type you are modifying to modify it.
I think the issue youre going to run into is that there will be no available garden room to book into, since Marriott is no longer capacity controlling awards
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:05 am

Any idea what upgrade costs will look like or what cash rates have been in the past?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by husky96821
Any idea what upgrade costs will look like or what cash rates have been in the past?
The difference between garden villa and OVW is around $200++ so I'd expect something in this range. Once the points bookings are confirmed, I will have my ambassador reach to the hotel and see what they can do.

I think the issue youre going to run into is that there will be no available garden room to book into, since Marriott is no longer capacity controlling awards
If you hold existing garden room reservation this shouldn't be an issue? As per the T&S, if a

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I have just tried this for the Andaman where I have a cash reservation in 3 days, the hotel is fully sold out but I'm able to change the rate to free nights as well as switch to prepaid or custom rates (gov/AAA).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
I have just tried this for the Andaman where I have a cash reservation in 3 days, the hotel is fully sold out but I'm able to change the rate to free nights as well as switch to prepaid or custom rates (gov/AAA).
Oh hmm, maybe I am thinking if you want to shorten or lengthen a stay on the website. Either way, that would be good for you if changing rates isn't an issue.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:03 pm

If you hold existing garden room reservation this shouldn't be an issue? As per the T&S, if a
I also made a refundable cash reservation yesterday for the garden villas. I tried calling in today to have them convert it to a points booking but wasn't successful. I also can't switch it to a point booking online either. Did you have any luck?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by rp88
I also made a refundable cash reservation yesterday for the garden villas. I tried calling in today to have them convert it to a points booking but wasn't successful. I also can't switch it to a point booking online either. Did you have any luck?
This is the million dollar question. Because all availability on the hotel is artificially wiped by all these cash bookings
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:41 pm
Suspended

This is the million dollar question. Because all availability on the hotel is artificially wiped by all these cash bookings
Doesn't making a owb rezy accomplish the same?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Doesn't making a owb rezy accomplish the same?
Point bookings go to garden villa now, now OWB
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Where did Marriott confirm that there isn't capacity control for the base level room?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:54 pm

I had success calling St. Regis directly at 800-598-1863 and inquiring about availability for Garden Villas and even the OWB award rate with them. Much easier this way! Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.