Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:37 am
kkl

Have booked a 7 night award stay for mid December.

Fingers crossed it will be easy to either attach a 7 night TP cert or get a points refund for the dates.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kkl

Fingers crossed it will be easy to either attach a 7 night TP cert or get a points refund for the dates.
If I had 50k SPG spare I would have done the same.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by kkl

What type of room do you have booked? Any concern that the base room under Marriott's classification won't be available for the room type you currently have (ie you booked OWV, but Marriott base is BV with no options to pay more points for OWV)?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by husky96821
What type of room do you have booked? Any concern that the base room under Marriott's classification won't be available for the room type you currently have (ie you booked OWV, but Marriott base is BV with no options to pay more points for OWV)?
The only available room to book right now is the OWV, it's the same that I've booked for February. If it won't be available in the new program then we can always cancel & rebook whatever is available, however I think it's unlikely that they will change it as there are just 4 beach villas in the whole resort (entry level room).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I have the same concern at several properties, and I think this is actually likely. I've made a bunch of reservations, hoping I can rebook at the new rates at various hotels, however, I do anticipate a conversation along the lines of....

Me: "So-- I have "x" category of room booked for "y" dates, and I'd like to get a refund based on the new Marriott redemption chart."
Agent: "The category you've booked, "x," is no longer a redemption option with Marriott points. Only "z" category is bookable, and I don't have any rooms available in "z" category for your dates. Would you like me to look for other dates, or try a different property?"
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ps9a
I have the same concern at several properties, and I think this is actually likely. I've made a bunch of reservations, hoping I can rebook at the new rates at various hotels, however, I do anticipate a conversation along the lines of....

Me: "So-- I have "x" category of room booked for "y" dates, and I'd like to get a refund based on the new Marriott redemption chart."
Agent: "The category you've booked, "x," is no longer a redemption option with Marriott points. Only "z" category is bookable, and I don't have any rooms available in "z" category for your dates. Would you like me to look for other dates, or try a different property?"
Agreed, particularly at the all-suite properties. I'm surprised that this concern hasn't gained more traction, and everyone continues to dream about easily getting their points refunded while staying in an OWV.

Is it possible to book the GV on points? I wouldn't be surprised if the St Regis Maldives restricts points redemptions to these room types only, despite their only being four rooms.

Last edited by husky96821; Jul 25, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Agreed, particularly at the all-suite properties. I'm surprised that this concern hasn't gained more traction, and everyone continues to dream about easily getting their points refunded while staying in an OWV.

Is it possible to book the BV on points? I wouldn't be surprised if the St Regis Maldives restricts points redemptions to these room types only, despite their only being four rooms.
Garden used to be available-- I redeemed points for this room for our stay at this property for our nanny and son (stayed in Nov/Dec 2017). It wasn't available when I called back for the dates I checked. St Regis Bora Bora has similar issues going on right now. Possibly, smarter people grabbed all of the lowest category rooms at each property with points when they went on sale, or SPG just pulled the inventory. Hard to really know.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ps9a
Garden used to be available-- I redeemed points for this room for our stay at this property for our nanny and son (stayed in Nov/Dec 2017). It wasn't available when I called back for the dates I checked. St Regis Bora Bora has similar issues going on right now. Possibly, smarter people grabbed all of the lowest category rooms at each property with points when they went on sale, or SPG just pulled the inventory. Hard to really know.
I called in earlier today asking about award nights next year and was told only OWV was available. I just checked cash availability for 4 rooms on the same dates, and GVs are showing as available, so it looks like SPG pulled the inventory.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:16 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by porkie
The only available room to book right now is the OWV, it's the same that I've booked for February. If it won't be available in the new program then we can always cancel & rebook whatever is available, however I think it's unlikely that they will change it as there are just 4 beach villas in the whole resort (entry level room).
IF it's only BV for my dates I would be happy to pay the difference to OWV which I think is about 100 usd a night difference

What would be interesting is, everyone on award fighting for the 4 BV if it comes to that
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:40 pm
kkl

Forgot to add but there is a 1 month cancelation policy in place which will help with award inventory
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by kkl

IF it's only BV for my dates I would be happy to pay the difference to OWV which I think is about 100 usd a night difference

What would be interesting is, everyone on award fighting for the 4 BV if it comes to that
Unless it has changed, Beach Villa is considered a higher category than the OWV. Garden villa is the entry level room here (and there are only 4).
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:12 am
kkl

Originally Posted by nohbdy
Unless it has changed, Beach Villa is considered a higher category than the OWV. Garden villa is the entry level room here (and there are only 4).
oops. meant garden villa.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:04 am

We're booked in a sunrise OWV in a few days, and was reading the villa selection post.

​​​​​​If I have a certain preference (privacy vs warm pool), is this something I should email in advance?

I assume if I try to sort this out after arriving, it would be a bit late, since they'd have prepared the room already?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
We're booked in a sunrise OWV in a few days, and was reading the villa selection post.

​​​​​​If I have a certain preference (privacy vs warm pool), is this something I should email in advance?

I assume if I try to sort this out after arriving, it would be a bit late, since they'd have prepared the room already?
Yeah do it well in advance as they will have your room ready before you get there.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:05 pm

Anyone notice (sorry for not reading back) that they've added service charges per night? Looks like about $170/night extra which will not be covered by points (if you look at the Sheraton online points booking it shows the service charge as extra). Wow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.