Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by elhumano
Which promo was it?
Indeed, the opening promo (or misprice, depending who you ask) for 30K.

Since we're SPG plats, we decided on the Sheraton Full Moon Resort. Snagged a BRG there. Seems like a decent option to get over the jet lag before heading out to the StR.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:24 am

If such a large group, you should be first focusing on negotiating the rate. Points are an afterthought when youre dealing with that kind of a bill. i.e. if another property offers you a better deal, that negates the value of points earned. Points are the most appealing when using OPM to pay for rooms, then it really is a sort of kickback.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
For me, loyalty to Starwood has been amply rewarded. I have never actually tried to negotiate a lower Group rate for family vacations but probably should. Thanks for suggestion. Ill check around other Maldives spots.

All my spend is 100% my own which is actually why I chose Starwood. I also direct my employees to use Starwood. No OPM unfortunately.

For example, this same group went to Le Meridien Khao Lak when it was still part of the system. I booked the cheapest room for all of us. They gave significant upgrades for all of us And went above and beyond in terms of service. I feel that loyalty to Starwood is recognized above and beyond what I could get at top resorts which I am not loyal to. I do about 80-120 nights a year at starwood, and another 20-50 nights at other hotels. Aside from the Singitas of the world where service is just over the top, Ive liked Starwood treatment far more than anywhere else.

I always seem stuck in a terrible room at Mandarin iOriental or Shangri-La.

Though maybe i should look at negotiating pricing more. My only concern so far w Marriott acquisition is their loyalty program seem more based on price and free nights than on top of the line service (except for JW Marriott Phu Quoc which is amazing).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Do Suite Night Awards (SNAs) get you anything/ anywhere here ? I have 9 that are expiring in December and would be nice to get some value.

Also, am LT PLT in SPG.... are upgrades ever done ?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Do Suite Night Awards (SNAs) get you anything/ anywhere here ? I have 9 that are expiring in December and would be nice to get some value.

Also, am LT PLT in SPG.... are upgrades ever done ?
Reach out ahead of time and ask. Depends what you booked. Yes, they do upgrade, though to what is a bit of a wildcard since "sunset" vs "non-sunset" is already an upgrade, even if the villa size does not change.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Does anyone have any reviews or experience with the Watersports/Excursions?

My wife and I have been thinking about Scuba Diving and Sunset Fishing.

I've gone scuba diving in Bali and Thailand (Koh Tao), and I've heard that diving in the Maldives is not as good as those places (water is not as clear).

For sunset fishing, I have no idea what to expect for this, so any review or description would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Best OWV for Sunrise?

N00b question.

There's great info in this thread on which villas have the best sunset, but can anyone comment on villas that are good for the sunrise and decent daily sun exposure? Presumably, would it be be 501-516? How's the sunrise view from in 522-528? Or does it not really matter at all?

TIA

Last edited by cshel; Oct 28, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:40 pm

Weather

Weather forecast shows thunderstorms for the duration of my planned vacation to the SR Maldives (next week)
Should I be concerned/cancel?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Cash & Points options?

Posting here to document as I did not see any other threads mentioning C&P.

Back in June I booked five nights on points using fifth night free under the SPG Resort Redemption promotion which gives 35% off.

So my nightly rate ended up being 58,500 per night for an Overwater Villa (OWV).

This was 234,000 for the five nights so the net amount was 46,800 per night.

Later we decided we wanted to add an additional night but OWV was not available. Agent said "Garden Villa" was an option and quoted me 15,750 plus $290.

I wasn't aware that Cash & Points were an option at St. Regis Maldives so was pleased to get this. Wish I had been able to get it for the OWV for the other nights as the C&P rate represents pretty good value and by my calculation 8.6/point.

(Calculated as GV for $1663 per night including taxes minus C&P rate including taxes of $302 divided by 15750)

Two questions

(1) Has anyone else had experience booking C&P for this property?

(2) What is the standard redemption rate for the Garden Villa ? I would have loved to have booked GV and then upgraded using SNAs.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by gswannabe
Weather forecast shows thunderstorms for the duration of my planned vacation to the SR Maldives (next week)
Should I be concerned/cancel?
No. See this post for specifics.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
No. See this post for specifics.
Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Posting here to document as I did not see any other threads mentioning C&P.

Back in June I booked five nights on points using fifth night free under the SPG Resort Redemption promotion which gives 35% off.

So my nightly rate ended up being 58,500 per night for an Overwater Villa (OWV).

This was 234,000 for the five nights so the net amount was 46,800 per night.

Later we decided we wanted to add an additional night but OWV was not available. Agent said "Garden Villa" was an option and quoted me 15,750 plus $290.

I wasn't aware that Cash & Points were an option at St. Regis Maldives so was pleased to get this. Wish I had been able to get it for the OWV for the other nights as the C&P rate represents pretty good value and by my calculation 8.6/point.

(Calculated as GV for $1663 per night including taxes minus C&P rate including taxes of $302 divided by 15750)

Two questions

(1) Has anyone else had experience booking C&P for this property?

(2) What is the standard redemption rate for the Garden Villa ? I would have loved to have booked GV and then upgraded using SNAs.
The c&p is a fantastic rate. ^
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
The c&p is a fantastic rate. ^

C& P rate is available for this property then??
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I contacted plat online concierge and they told me there was no C&P because suite only property. That didn't jive with what above poster said.

We got cut off so I contacted plat online concierge again and the 2nd agent said C+P is available at $275 USD per night plus taxes and 15,000 Starpoints total for a standard room.

I couldn't find any spots open in February when we are thinking of going but what an incredible rate if you can find a slot to take.

Frustrating that online plat has different responses... they used to be my go to for great service but that has gone down in the past 2-3 years. Took me 40 minutes to get a response on C&P rates...
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I contacted plat online concierge and they told me there was no C&P because suite only property. That didn't jive with what above poster said.

We got cut off so I contacted plat online concierge again and the 2nd agent said C+P is available at $275 USD per night plus taxes and 15,000 Starpoints total for a standard room.

I couldn't find any spots open in February when we are thinking of going but what an incredible rate if you can find a slot to take.

Frustrating that online plat has different responses... they used to be my go to for great service but that has gone down in the past 2-3 years. Took me 40 minutes to get a response on C&P rates...
Wow-- I'm 0/2 calling the plat line finding cash and points on a variety of dates. We'll be there in a few weeks, but I'll book a couple more trips into 2019 at that rate,if it exists. I guess I need to HUACAACAACA

Edit: Just called again-- checked dates in 11/17, 3/18, 8/18, 11/18, 2/19... struck out on all fronts. If anyone finds dates available at C&P rates, please share. I'll share if I find anything.

Last edited by ps9a; Oct 31, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.