Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:49 am

Depends on the day but agree the current can be stronger in the afternoons from my previous trips.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:01 pm

How's the breakfast? I've seen sashimi, steak and eggs, duck confit, crab omelets on different blogs, are they still available?
Is Decanter worth the visit? Even though I can't imagine myself going for a $790++ PP dinner, even a 3 star in NYC doesn't cost that much! (Except for Masa I suppose)
Sunset fishing + cooking still a thing?

Can't wait to get there!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton , Hyatt, Qatar
Originally Posted by ijk90825
How's the breakfast? I've seen sashimi, steak and eggs, duck confit, crab omelets on different blogs, are they still available?
Is Decanter worth the visit? Even though I can't imagine myself going for a $790++ PP dinner, even a 3 star in NYC doesn't cost that much! (Except for Masa I suppose)
Sunset fishing + cooking still a thing?

Can't wait to get there!
All the above items and more are available at breakfast. We have not eaten at Decanter so can not comment on that experience. Fishing trips are on offer this week.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:38 pm

We departed Oct 3 and the lounge concierges said late Oct/ most likely November before the new Great Room opens. They are currently using the seaplane ‘business’ lounge that is brand new and quite nice.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: QF, Bonvoy, HHonors
I have used points to book a stay in July 2023 (OWV), first time to the Maldives and after reading this thread and all of your posts and reviews, I am super excited!! I can't seem to find this info, but can someone tell me if is there wifi in the villa? Or only in the common area? And if there is wifi, what is the quality like? Many thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by 444taylor444
I have used points to book a stay in July 2023 (OWV), first time to the Maldives and after reading this thread and all of your posts and reviews, I am super excited!! I can't seem to find this info, but can someone tell me if is there wifi in the villa? Or only in the common area? And if there is wifi, what is the quality like? Many thanks.
There is wifi everywhere on the island including the villas. The wifi is very good I would say as well. Factime and video streaming no issue ever.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:43 am

I was instructed by the concierge that I need(?) should(?) pay for the seaplane prior to my arrival.
I asked and they sent me the link to make the payment of $1490, payment secured and powered by bank of maldives.

Anyone know if this payment is going to count as travel? I've heard that it doesn't count as marriott for marriott credit card bonus points.
Also, do I need to make the payment prior to the arrival as they say?
Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Regarding immigration queues how long are they generally in the peak season and if one wants to book a fast track service should you do it via the hotel or an another company? We are flying with PG from BKK so makes no sense to pay for a J ticket.

I assume the opening Great Room is dry like all of the airports airline lounges, right?
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: QF, Bonvoy, HHonors
Originally Posted by westcoastscott
There is wifi everywhere on the island including the villas. The wifi is very good I would say as well. Factime and video streaming no issue ever.
Thank you so much westcoastscott!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:06 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Regarding immigration queues how long are they generally in the peak season and if one wants to book a fast track service should you do it via the hotel or an another company? We are flying with PG from BKK so makes no sense to pay for a J ticket.

I assume the opening Great Room is dry like all of the airports airline lounges, right?
I’ve been Jan, Feb, late Nov, all pre covid, never been a big line at immigration, or if there was it went quick.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EP/LT Plat, UA1K, DL DIA, Marriott LT Titanium
Just went through the other day and it took about 20 minutes. We didnt notice the F/J line all the way to the left until we were almost at the desk. Looks like that line would have been about 5-10 mins. After immigration you scan your carryon bags and then go to the main luggage pick up area. From there you simply exit to many signs for the various resorts.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EP/LT Plat, UA1K, DL DIA, Marriott LT Titanium

We were there in the morning yesterday and it was a modest offering of some pastries, sandwiches, soft drinks, coffee, juices. I did not see any alcohol and presume there wont be in the evenings but happy to report back in a few days when we leave.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton , Hyatt, Qatar
Fast track

I understand from talking to our butler that the regular line is normally less than a half hour. Can't see any reason you would need any assistance beyond that offered by the hotel for departing and if the regular line for arrivals is 20 minutes that will likely be about the time the regular luggage is delivered.
AnttiV likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
When we arrived on QR there was no line whatsoever at immigration. We also had only carry ons and so we were out of the terminal before the checked in luggage was delivered. On the departure there was a bigger mess (mostly b/c of scanning of QR codes) but there is a separate line for business class which was much shorter. I cannot imagine paying for the special service. The mess was mostly created by Russian tourists who it seems had hard time communicating with immigration officers in English; there was an Aeroflot departing at the same time (political side point: since this is one of the few places where Russians are still sadly allowed to go you might encounter some of them so bring your support Ukraine tshirts/pins ). Lounge on departure was perfectly fine.

Wifi in the villa was great - I managed to be on a vide call with some 30 people w/o any issues. There was also wifi on the island as I managed to do another call while jogging.

Breakfast is great and with so many choices. Even if you're vegan you will have plenty of choices.

We saw Decanter menu and passed. It did not feel like it's worth the money. I'd much rather spend this on a 3* experience somewhere in Asia or in Paris. Note that the price includes wines so it's not as expensive as it may seem, but I just don't think they can deliver Michelin starred quality here.

I can confirm that snorkeling is great around the JJ Astor estate and I'd recommend the north-facing villas as they feel more private. We were in 527 and were very happy.
estnet likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by Spaulding70
All the above items and more are available at breakfast. We have not eaten at Decanter so can not comment on that experience. Fishing trips are on offer this week.
on my first breakfast this morning there was no duck or sashimi but the various omelettes are there.

I arrived around 1130am and the queue at immigration was short. Less than 10 minutes and we’re through.

the St Regis operated lounge at the seaplane terminal will be open next month according to the butlers but the Vilu Lounge that they send us to in the mean time was fine. Had ample hot food during lunch time. No alcohol unfortunately though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.