Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: Show me the points!
I’m here as well. Some additional observations:
  1. Agree with esc2476 - new seaplane terminal is top notch and business class lounge was quite nice. We enjoyed the kids club no doubt. Tip - go to normal lounge if you want to watch the seaplanes come and go - it has a much better view.
  2. StR is at around 60% occupancy due to season and state of property.
  3. Following above, renovations still continue quite visibly throughout the property. Multiple 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom Overwater Villas are being repaired/renovated. Doesn’t impact stay though.
  4. Spa is closed and services are being rendered in John Jacob Astor estate if I heard correctly,.
  5. Work continues on what looks like new bar next to Alba/Cargo on beach.
Will add more if needed. But suffice to say, stay thus far has been great and we’re very much enjoying the 2 bedroom overwater we have given it provides lots of privacy between rooms (parents are upstairs).
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by esc2476
Quick question - there is a 10% service charge on each food and beverage check. What do you typically add to that for a tip?
I’m not adding a tip unless they go above and beyond (ex. Today we got a free dessert at lunch so I tipped for that).

I’m pretty sure I saw you and your kids at the pool yesterday but I was busy chasing our little one around. Ill say hello soon.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:26 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
very much enjoying the 2 bedroom overwater we have given it provides lots of privacy between rooms (parents are upstairs).
Wasn't the king bedroom downstairs? Did they switch them for all villas?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
I’m not adding a tip unless they go above and beyond (ex. Today we got a free dessert at lunch so I tipped for that).

I’m pretty sure I saw you and your kids at the pool yesterday but I was busy chasing our little one around. Ill say hello soon.
Sounds great. I saw parents with a young kid by the quiet cove I the ocean yesterday - may have been you.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
  1. Agree with esc2476 - new seaplane terminal is top notch and business class lounge was quite nice. We enjoyed the kids club no doubt. Tip - go to normal lounge if you want to watch the seaplanes come and go - it has a much better view.
  3. Following above, renovations still continue quite visibly throughout the property. Multiple 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom Overwater Villas are being repaired/renovated. Doesn’t impact stay though.
  4. Spa is closed and services are being rendered in John Jacob Astor estate if I heard correctly,.
Will add more if needed. But suffice to say, stay thus far has been great and we’re very much enjoying the 2 bedroom overwater we have given it provides lots of privacy between rooms (parents are upstairs).
Maybe something to add is the future restaurant located between Oriental and the seaplane pier. I think they told us the opening is scheduled in October.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:22 am

Last edited by Artemio; Aug 23, 2022 at 8:33 am Reason: double post
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I have to say I love this thread the most in the Marriott forum since it's updated so consistently by different people.

Looking forward to our stay in February and seeing the renovated product.
esc2476 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold
the renovations definitely are impacting my current visit.

My villa hears a constant state of sanding and spray painting. Based on these noises, it sounds like a seaplane is circling my villa for about 8 hours a day.

definitely not as relaxing as I would have hoped or wished.

Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by bharucfd

My villa hears a constant state of sanding and spray painting. Based on these noises, it sounds like a seaplane is circling my villa for about 8 hours a day.

With 60% occupancy you have a good chance getting another villa after small and nice talk with your butler
esc2476 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by bharucfd

You should absolutely ask to move and hope it comes with a nice service recovery as a sweetener. No reason to deal with that at a property like this.
esc2476 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:54 pm

just returned from the StR Maldives. What an unbelievable property. Everything was perfect. I didn't notice any sounds of work being done on the property. The F&B program has returned and will save you $50 a day if you partake .I would be happy to answer any questions as I just got back yesterday.
Mark
buddman and friedablass like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:44 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by montrealtraveler
just returned from the StR Maldives. What an unbelievable property. Everything was perfect. I didn't notice any sounds of work being done on the property. The F&B program has returned and will save you $50 a day if you partake .I would be happy to answer any questions as I just got back yesterday.
Mark
Could you remind us what the F&B programme is and any excursions?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by wsc
Could you remind us what the F&B programme is and any excursions?
yes sorry. its the food and beverage program. You pre-pay $300 per day (must do it for all days of stay) and they give you $350 worth of food and beverage. If you spend less than the $350, it does not roll over to the next day. It's pretty easy to spend $350 per day of food and beverage so it was a no brainer for us.

we did not do any paid excursions.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: American CK, Marriott Ambassador Elite
F&b and spa question

Originally Posted by montrealtraveler
yes sorry. its the food and beverage program. You pre-pay $300 per day (must do it for all days of stay) and they give you $350 worth of food and beverage. If you spend less than the $350, it does not roll over to the next day. It's pretty easy to spend $350 per day of food and beverage so it was a no brainer for us.

we did not do any paid excursions.
Can you put the 350 towards the beach dinners too?

Also how was the spa service at the Astor villa?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 4:29 am

[QUOTE=Intl359Widget;34538595]I have to say I love this thread the most in the Marriott forum since it's updated so consistently by different people.

I agree and thanks to all for contributing. We were trying to decide between the StR and the Ritz. Based on the enthusiasm alone of this thread the StR is a clear winner! Can’t wait for our trip in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.