Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by esc2476
Great - I’ll be there 22nd through the 27th.
sent you a pm!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:42 pm

Any pictures on how the renovations are going from employees /the hotel?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:44 pm

Two quick questions:

(1) If anyone goes post-renovation, I would be curious what has changed? We are due to go the third week in August.

(2) One of my children has Type 1 diabetes and we have special low carb food cereals and snacks for him. Would it be an issue bringing that in-country?

Thanks!
As far as #1 I'm also curious. Think it'll mostly be room upgrades (they were showing some wear and tear), boardwalk replacement (they were doing a lot of this while the resort was open anyway), the new restaurant by Orientale, and potentially laying down a little more sand. Would be surprised if it's anything more but still curious.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Had Shah in Nov. 2019.. The best!!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
I assume none of the villas come with washer/dryer? Anyone know if the resort has coin laundry available. Have 10 nights planned, would like to pack for 5 and keep the checked bags down.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Ken C
I assume none of the villas come with washer/dryer? Anyone know if the resort has coin laundry available. Have 10 nights planned, would like to pack for 5 and keep the checked bags down.
Never been there- but the idea of a coin laundry at a St Regis makes me smile
Old Jul 9, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Never been there- but the idea of a coin laundry at a St Regis makes me smile
me too! Most interesting post I’ve ever read on this website
hdejongh likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:19 pm

Talking

They definitely do not have any coin operated machines. Haha but the thought of one in the Maldives would be hilarious. Ask your butler =)
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:31 am

Butlers will iron a few things a day for free, but for washing/drying it's going to be the paid laundry service option. Don't have prices, but you can probably guess them by adding a bit onto the usual hotel laundry charge or asking the hotel.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:53 am
kkl

You could probably buy a new washing machine with the rates they charge after 1 full load
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Here is a pretty basic question: what do people generally wear to dinner? Just seeing what I need to pack.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:24 pm

Here is a pretty basic question: what do people generally wear to dinner? Just seeing what I need to pack.
People aren't dressing too fancy - especially considering most of the dining happens outside and it can still be quite warm at night (but can also be somewhat colder & windy depending on the day). I'd wear a polo and shorts to most dinners & females would wear dresses typically. Sometimes a nice shirt and pants as well. Not a formal dress code like some resorts in Mauritius that require pants. Only in Decanter (for the non-private options) do they really recommend a jacket and pants and even then it's still optional I think.
esc2476 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Hi,

I redeemed 475K points last December for November. It booked into a Beach villa. We are a family of 4. But I just noticed on my booking that it was booked for 3. I know I can reach out to the resort for an exception for the 2nd young child.

However, this trip we will be doing Alila 5 nights in a Beach Villa then 6 nights at a Beach Villa at the Conrad then to the St Regis. I'm thinking to upgrade this stay to a OWV. I think the OWV here seem more interesting than what Conrad or Alila have to offer. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking at the property it looks like the OWV Suites accommodate 4. There are 2 choices such as Lagoon View and a regular overwater villa suite? Which villas are the Lagoon view? Which one would you choose if they where the same price.
The panoramic suite seems interesting to me. Do the Suites have a bigger pool than the regular Overwater Villas?
Is the Panoramic OVW Suite worth it?

Paid upgrades is better in advance or wait till we are there?

Thanks

Last edited by KL808; Jul 16, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:28 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mikechan
They definitely do not have any coin operated machines. Haha but the thought of one in the Maldives would be hilarious. Ask your butler =)
Old Jul 17, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by RZR
Prices aren't too much higher than big city hotel prices. I know some Maldives resorts have a flat rate for one bag, not sure if St. Regis would offer that but could be useful for doing the stuff that matters (socks, undershirts, underwear, kids' stuff) if so.

Is there actually dry cleaning on the island? Hard to fathom. Suppose they could send it to Malé, you get it back in 3 days? LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.