Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Gold
St. Regis

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
It won't apply because
Also, as a Platinum you also would not be eligible for the compensation under the guarantee at RC and StR in cases where it is applicable.
I saw that they had changed the language to exclude Platinum guests. I honestly wouldn't expect them to "walk" a guest to another island for 5 nights. That said, there would seem to be some responsibility for having accepted and confirmed reservations within a relatively short window and then having the guests learn about the resort's closure via travel websites. Other than guests reaching out to the hotel, I am unaware of the hotel making any proactive outreach to the confirmed guests.

For many, a trip to the Maldives is a once-in-a-lifetime event and entails considerable planning and expense. This is not a "truck stop" motel along the highway, but one of the shining stars in the Marriott portfolio. While the Ultimate Guarantee may not be specifically applicable, there is an implied guarantee that the property
does what's right.
friedablass and noeatbutgo like this.

Last edited by JRG2025; Mar 2, 2022 at 7:18 pm Reason: typo/clarification
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Just moved to a GV for our last night out of total 9. In case of a mixed stay, one or two nights in this category wouldn't be that bad. First of all my wife loves a large plunge pool- indeed it is really large so that I don't have to miss the WA. 2BR villas have the smallest pool- I would call it as a tub though. OWVs have a relatively larger size where I can actually 'swim' a bit. BVs have even a larger pool but can't beat GVs. Also the privacy is well protected unless there are some rude intruders who don't care our locked wooden door. My wife feels she is in Ubud now But spending a whole stay in a GV? That's clearly NONO.
friedablass likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
But spending a whole stay in a GV? That's clearly NONO.
...and then there's me....spending the entire stay in a GV since I couldn't secure an OWV 😭.

While the GV is definitely very nice, I agree it gives more of a Bali feel than a Maldives vibe.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Icenoft
...and then there's me....spending the entire stay in a GV since I couldn't secure an OWV 😭.

While the GV is definitely very nice, I agree it gives more of a Bali feel than a Maldives vibe.
Oops sorry for my inconsiderate commentary! Actually we also wanted to upgrade our room but the resort has been fully occupied since last week (zero availabiltiy checked via the app). So we even had to stay in a SOWV 541 which wasn't that satisfactory.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Devon Rogalski
Anyone have any insight as to if in 2023 the platinum/titanium benefit for breakfast will apply at STR M? Seems slowly these benefits are devalued at this premium of resort and many going here to StR do so for that specific perk/ don’t want to book under assumption of it for 2023 but then get there and spend another 1k on breakfast… or maybe they’d just honor it for those who had existing booking before policy changes if they were going to? Thanks!
I don't think that's likely – the St. Regis brand globally provides the elite breakfast benefit and I don't see that changing. However, any St. Regis could switch to providing a statement credit towards breakfast that doesn't necessarily cover the whole meal, as many properties already do.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Just called the Ambassador line to ask about hotel renovations. Wife and I have a week booked in June. Amb. line didn’t see any notes about the hotel and said our reservations are “fine”.

They sent a note to hotel to see what was going on. It seems crazy (yet, not surprising) that left hand doesn’t know what the right one is doing.
Werty7777 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Tried searching but have a feeling this has been asked before but anyhow: Does the Plat/Tit/Amb breakfast benefit apply to room service BF?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
Just moved to a GV for our last night out of total 9. In case of a mixed stay, one or two nights in this category wouldn't be that bad. First of all my wife loves a large plunge pool- indeed it is really large so that I don't have to miss the WA. 2BR villas have the smallest pool- I would call it as a tub though. OWVs have a relatively larger size where I can actually 'swim' a bit. BVs have even a larger pool but can't beat GVs. Also the privacy is well protected unless there are some rude intruders who don't care our locked wooden door. My wife feels she is in Ubud now But spending a whole stay in a GV? That's clearly NONO.
I find it interesting that the GV pool was the largest. I thought the BV pools were smaller than OWV pools - I was put in a BV on our last day and didn't actually get into the pool but it just looked smaller to me.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I find it interesting that the GV pool was the largest. I thought the BV pools were smaller than OWV pools - I was put in a BV on our last day and didn't actually get into the pool but it just looked smaller to me.
Perhaps OWVs have larger or longer pool than BVs- I might be mixed up. But I am pretty confident to say GVs have the largest pool amongst the three categories. Not sure about StR Suites though as I haven't been there.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Tried searching but have a feeling this has been asked before but anyhow: Does the Plat/Tit/Amb breakfast benefit apply to room service BF?
The free breakfast benefit for elites does not apply to room service at this property.
AnttiV likes this.

Last edited by raylee123; Mar 4, 2022 at 11:57 am
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Carefully check the points that land in your account after staying, I'm missing >50,000 points for the stay just completed for eligible spend (Room/Food, excluding sea plane and water sports). I settled approximately 50% of the bill with gift cards and it looks like no points were credited for the spend covered by these, so I suspect this is the likely cause.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Got same email "We'll be back in touch soon"

[QUOTE=godbreath;34037683]I called their reservations desk and it just seems like a mess.

The person on the phone first asked me to send them an email to [email protected] and they will respond there because they don't have all the information yet and are still discussing what to do."

This is the same email I received on Wednesday morning this week -- no communication since.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Chewie
Just called the Ambassador line to ask about hotel renovations. Wife and I have a week booked in June. Amb. line didn’t see any notes about the hotel and said our reservations are “fine”.

They sent a note to hotel to see what was going on. It seems crazy (yet, not surprising) that left hand doesn’t know what the right one is doing.
​​​​​​Can't wait to hear updates regarding the possible / likely closure. I will give updates as well if I hear anything concrete from the property, but I am also currently getting the runaround.

We have a reservation for 7 nights at the end of June so would be affected by any full closure. Part of me is hoping that it is only partial closure, as I really wanted to check out the St Regis suite. But then again, even a partial closure might negatively impact our experience at the resort, if there is lots of noise or service failures due to partial renovations.

The hotel being cagey with inquiries about a possible closure of the property for 2 months is quite disappointing, but not unexpected.

I guess they are concerned about any liability / bad press they might have / get with regard to canceling existing reservations, and might be playing a game of chicken and hoping you cancel first.

I initially had First class flights from MLE to CMB and then back to the US via Emirates and Cathay Pacific. After hearing about all the issues Cathay is having (zeroing out availability for my flights, leasing their 777s to Qatar, using 350s without F to JFK, transit restrictions through HKG, etc.), I proactively canceled my flights and we booked via Qatar and ate the change fee. They won that round of chicken!

The funny thing is I will end up flying on Cathay's 777s F hard product, as Qatar is scheduled to use those leased planes on my MLE to DOH flight and selling F, which we snagged!

With Marriott going to dynamic pricing at the end of the month, I will need a definitive answer from the St. Regis in a couple of weeks. I have an advanced points booking at the Ritz-Carlton as a backup for the same amount of points, but losing elite benefits of free breakfast and a potentially superior room in the St Regis suite will be a tad disappointing.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:34 pm

Really surprised they're closing for 2 months in a couple of months and there hasn't been official communication. The fact that it was pretty sudden and also no communication is making me wonder what's up.
JRG2025 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Carefully check the points that land in your account after staying, I'm missing >50,000 points for the stay just completed for eligible spend (Room/Food, excluding sea plane and water sports). I settled approximately 50% of the bill with gift cards and it looks like no points were credited for the spend covered by these, so I suspect this is the likely cause.
In my previous stay in W Maldives my points posted incorrectly, this year the Meridien and St Regis Maldives posted also wrong.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Mar 5, 2022 at 9:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.