Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
I have made a short clip for my wife to remember our lovely snorkeling experience around the resort. Hope this clip provide some colours regarding snorkeling experience here.

https://youtu.be/sIM-woWnBrU

In short, our couple recommends the house reef around SOWVs in South West- from the Whale Bar to the JJA Suite. We haven't tried the reef in the North around Panoramic OWVs as the currents are strong. The reef around BVs was not impressive.
This is great, thank you for sharing. Did you shot this using a GoPro? If so, can I ask the settings that you used?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kaptain72
This is great, thank you for sharing. Did you shot this using a GoPro? If so, can I ask the settings that you used?
Oh my action cam is Sony X3000R, not a GoPro. But I didn't use any special settings. Just don't forget to bring waterproof housing.. I forgot to bring it to the WA 2 years ago- what a terrible mistake!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: UA MM, HH LTD, Bonvoy Tit (LTG)
Oh my action cam is Sony X3000R, not a GoPro. But I didn't use any special settings. Just don't forget to bring waterproof housing.. I forgot to bring it to the WA 2 years ago- what a terrible mistake!
Ah, got it. I have the underwater housing and the color correcting filters for various depths (in case we scuba dive). Was curious about wide angle vs standard, and image stabilization settings. I'll play around with them when I'm there. Thanks again for posting, well done!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone have news on how they are handling confirmed reservations during the shutdown period? I called the Titanium line and they had no info. Other options for our dates (5 nights in late June) are really expensive so was hoping the StR would offer a good alternative.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Gold
St. Regis Summer closure

Originally Posted by ny747
Anyone have news on how they are handling confirmed reservations during the shutdown period? I called the Titanium line and they had no info. Other options for our dates (5 nights in late June) are really expensive so was hoping the StR would offer a good alternative.

I sent an e-mail to the GM when I first read it hear. He wrote back and said that someone would be reaching out and suggested alternate Marriott properties: Ritz and W. Sorry, no other info. I held a reservation at the W, so that I would have someplace to go since I have non-refundable airfare.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I chatted with Marriott through text today and they were able to talk to the hotel directly. However all they got from the hotel was just confirmation that the St Regis will be closed in June and July and the hotel did not say anything else. They told me to call the hotel directly myself when the reservation desk opens.

"I spoke to the hotel directly, they are not giving me any information on the closing for people with reservations, you will need to speak to the in-house reservations team. She did tell me that they will be closed during that time but would not give me anything else"
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Gold
St. Regis Closing

Originally Posted by godbreath
I chatted with Marriott through text today and they were able to talk to the hotel directly. However all they got from the hotel was just confirmation that the St Regis will be closed in June and July and the hotel did not say anything else. They told me to call the hotel directly myself when the reservation desk opens.

"I spoke to the hotel directly, they are not giving me any information on the closing for people with reservations, you will need to speak to the in-house reservations team. She did tell me that they will be closed during that time but would not give me anything else"
I am just over 90 days out from a CONFIRMED reservation -- A trip to the Maldives is a planning and logistic commitment. I am not sure how the Marriott "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" will be applied.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:43 pm

Was this all within swimming distance of the resort or included off-island snorkeling excursions? Incredible to see the whale shark if so close to the resort, unless that's more common than I thought!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone stayed here and the Ritz? Which was better?
I prefer the Ritz over the St R. Also the Waldorf over the St R.

Not that any of them are bad in any way, it will be a great stay wherever you choose of these three. Personal preferences will also weigh in, so I can see why others rank them differently than I do.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I prefer the Ritz over the St R. Also the Waldorf over the St R.

Not that any of them are bad in any way, it will be a great stay wherever you choose of these three. Personal preferences will also weigh in, so I can see why others rank them differently than I do.
I also prefer the WA over the StR.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by flayum
Was this all within swimming distance of the resort or included off-island snorkeling excursions? Incredible to see the whale shark if so close to the resort, unless that's more common than I thought!
For whale sharks I took a paid tour (490++/p) which took us to a spot 1.5hr away from the resort. But all the other creatures were found around the house reef of the resort. I might need to change the title of the video.
flayum likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:19 pm

Any chance St. Regis Breakfast perk is dropped?

Anyone have any insight as to if in 2023 the platinum/titanium benefit for breakfast will apply at STR M? Seems slowly these benefits are devalued at this premium of resort and many going here to StR do so for that specific perk/ dont want to book under assumption of it for 2023 but then get there and spend another 1k on breakfast or maybe theyd just honor it for those who had existing booking before policy changes if they were going to? Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:33 pm

I have sent 2 emails to StR regarding my June reservation and got no reply back. So i decided to book another reservation end of May that worked for me, and any questions I had they would reply back within a day. Then I sneak a question in about rumored renovations since I was worried about construction equipment/materials as our last day will be May 31, got no reply. I just followed up recently and got zero reply again. For a high end resort, this is not what I was expecting.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I called their reservations desk and it just seems like a mess.

The person on the phone first asked me to send them an email to [email protected] and they will respond there because they don't have all the information yet and are still discussing what to do. I then said I already sent an email 4 days ago and he checked his inbox and said "Oh sorry I see it now. I must have missed it earlier"
I then asked "Will I be booked into another hotel?" And he replied that they still have an open discussion going on right now about what to do and to be patient to wait for a reply.
And lastly I asked "So if nothing changes, will I have a confirmed reservation still?" And he said yes we still have you as checking out on 6/3.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JRG2025
I am just over 90 days out from a CONFIRMED reservation -- A trip to the Maldives is a planning and logistic commitment. I am not sure how the Marriott "Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" will be applied.
It won't apply because
A Participating Property must be open and operational for the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee benefit/compensation to apply
Also, as a Platinum you also would not be eligible for the compensation under the guarantee at RC and StR in cases where it is applicable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.