Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Crandolph2001
Packing for our trip this week! Can anyone confirm that recently they have shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the room as well as sunscreen? Trying to save weight for the seaplane.

Thanks!
Yes on all except the sunscreen is not in the room. Other's have mentioned it is available in the main pool area. I brought my own sunscreen.
Crandolph2001 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:27 am

Packing for our trip this week! Can anyone confirm that recently they have shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the room as well as sunscreen? Trying to save weight for the seaplane.

Thanks!
think they have the sunscreen but it’s the size of a small bottle of mouthwash and might last for half a day. Also available for sale at the resort but it’s more expensive than you’d be able to buy before the trip.
Crandolph2001 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:24 pm

Thanks!
There absolutely some sunscreen at the main pool but as the other poster said there is none in the rooms. We are here right now.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastscott
We are here right now.
If convenient, do you mind reporting back with some info about the cocktail hour? Some recent info has been conflicting, so a current DP would be useful!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by flayum
If convenient, do you mind reporting back with some info about the cocktail hour? Some recent info has been conflicting, so a current DP would be useful!
There is no champagne sabering at night at the whale bar. Also currently no status cocktail hours right now planned due to Covid. Our butler said they are considering that again but no imminent plans.
noeatbutgo and flayum like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:01 am
wsc

I was hoping the week just released on points was going to be standard pricing but alas it is not 🥲
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by wsc
I was hoping the week just released on points was going to be standard pricing but alas it is not 🥲
looks “the usual” to me?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
The devaluation is coming but the resort still doe not release non-GV on points around Xmas... tired of lurking!
flayum likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by RZR
Ok, thx for details. Which room numbers would those be? WOuld that be considered a 1 category upgrade based on what I have booked , Sunset over water..
Thz much
Yes, I believe that it would be a 1 category upgrade from a sunset OWV. If you look at the map in the wiki, the STR suites are: 508 - sunrise, 535 - sunset (most people usually request this one), 518-522 + 526 ocean facing, with 520 probably being the most private.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
think they have the sunscreen but it’s the size of a small bottle of mouthwash and might last for half a day.
We had that small bottle of sunscreen in our room when we were there which they did replenish when it used up but our bigger issue was that it was only SPF 30 which we felt is by far not enough given how strong the sun is down there and we were right because we still got burnt using that sunscreen. I recommend bringing along at least SPF 50 (we did 100 and it worked very well in preventing burning).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:00 am
wsc

Originally Posted by buddman
looks “the usual” to me?
Yeah released peak pricing for Jan 23 (i.e. 100K)
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:17 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, I believe that it would be a 1 category upgrade from a sunset OWV. If you look at the map in the wiki, the STR suites are: 508 - sunrise, 535 - sunset (most people usually request this one), 518-522 + 526 ocean facing, with 520 probably being the most private.
thx kindly
Old Feb 7, 2022, 5:20 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
WOnderingif anyone knows how what size the liquor bottles are in the rooms.?
I did see the prices for the bottles in the rooms on a youtube video somewhere, but was not able to distinguish what size they were.
Looking forward to my trip , but alcohol is a lrage component of my leasure time , so trying to figure out how many bottles I'll go thru.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by RZR
WOnderingif anyone knows how what size the liquor bottles are in the rooms.?
I did see the prices for the bottles in the rooms on a youtube video somewhere, but was not able to distinguish what size they were.
Looking forward to my trip , but alcohol is a lrage component of my leasure time , so trying to figure out how many bottles I'll go thru.
I believe I read somewhere that the were 375ml, but I am curious on the price.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 5:09 am

Rapid testing

Hello, wanted to check back to see if anyone had a recent experience with Qatar airways given the earlier posts. I called them this morning to ask if they would accept a supervised Zoom rapid test from Quest/eMED and they said to just follow CDC guidelines. Are they now allowing these tests? Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.