Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:14 pm

What is the house reef like now? My one reservation about st Regis is the house reef but has it gotten better over the years?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ARinMD
What is the house reef like now? My one reservation about st Regis is the house reef but has it gotten better over the years?
yes it’s really good and got much better. Not as good as the W but worth the additional luxury
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BR787
Yes it is.

About $1000 per person, minimum two people.
Wild! When I was there in 2019 it was $550 pp for their Michelin Star Chef dinner. Can't believe it's ~doubled in price in less than 2 years.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:24 pm

For those who have stayed at a 2 bedroom beach villa: What's you view of sunset like? Gotta think you have a good view for a lot of it but maybe not towards the end. Does being having the second level allow you to see it completely?

We stayed in a sunset OWV on my last trip and thinking about the 2 bedroom beach villa for the next trip in July 2022. Seeing the most of the sun set would be sufficient as one of us isn't always ready in time to get a good seat at the whale bar
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jordan408
For those who have stayed at a 2 bedroom beach villa: What's you view of sunset like? Gotta think you have a good view for a lot of it but maybe not towards the end. Does being having the second level allow you to see it completely?

We stayed in a sunset OWV on my last trip and thinking about the 2 bedroom beach villa for the next trip in July 2022. Seeing the most of the sun set would be sufficient as one of us isn't always ready in time to get a good seat at the whale bar
Not sure about the sunset views but if your planning to spend a lot of time by the pool, then choose another villa or resort, as the pool in the 2 bedroom villas are the smallest of the lot. I noticed in my 3 visits to the St. Regis that those who are staying in these villas go to the main resort pool with their families.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Not sure about the sunset views but if your planning to spend a lot of time by the pool, then choose another villa or resort, as the pool in the 2 bedroom villas are the smallest of the lot. I noticed in my 3 visits to the St. Regis that those who are staying in these villas go to the main resort pool with their families.
I'm just wondering if they'll take a G a night to upgrade to Cesar Bala or Knickerbocker.
I'll be okay if not, but think that'd be a significant step up, even if not over the water.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I'm just wondering if they'll take a G a night to upgrade to Cesar Bala or Knickerbocker.
I'll be okay if not, but think that'd be a significant step up, even if not over the water.
Don't take the Knickerbocker, the location is not that good. But the Cesar Balsa is just fantastic, wonderful villa.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I agree. Stayed 1 night at the 2 bed and asked to be moved after that. Room is fab but the pool is very small.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jordan408

From 3 weeks ago. 2 br sunset overwater villa.

N515CR, joecool1885 and jordan408 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:57 am

Are they still doing the $350 of food for $300 promo? How do you sign up
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:31 am

We will be at the St. Regis October 15-20. If another couple will be there during this time, is there interest to split the whale shark trip? They are only offering private trips during our stay.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:39 am

Does anyone know if the 20% discount on food and beverage for platinum and above members is automatic with each meal, or do we have to request it every time we eat? The terms mention you must request it each time your bill comes, but I wanted to see how it worked for folks who have been there. Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by jfreeze613
Does anyone know if the 20% discount on food and beverage for platinum and above members is automatic with each meal, or do we have to request it every time we eat? The terms mention you must request it each time your bill comes, but I wanted to see how it worked for folks who have been there. Thanks.
Generally it was always there in the bill. However, if it wasn't, simply request it.
jordan408 and TBRIC like this.

Last edited by LovetoTravel83; Oct 9, 2021 at 9:12 am
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:02 am

Private Island Tour

Does STR have a private island dinner like W ? is yes how was the experience and cost ?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:57 pm

Got it. Not worried about the pool size. They're just for dips and cooling off for us. Will swim in the ocean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.