Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:54 pm

Sorry - one last question about the PCR test. For my trip to the Maldives (from the US), who are the ones actually checking for your PCR test results (and when does this happen)? Do you have to have the results printed out, or is it okay to just show them on your phone?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rkwn
Sorry - one last question about the PCR test. For my trip to the Maldives (from the US), who are the ones actually checking for your PCR test results (and when does this happen)? Do you have to have the results printed out, or is it okay to just show them on your phone?
When you fill out the Immuga arrival form, you will need to attach the PCR result. So no copies needed, everything is already linked to your passport via the form.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
When you fill out the Immuga arrival form, you will need to attach the PCR result. So no copies needed, everything is already linked to your passport via the form.
The airline will want to see the test result at check-in. They are not using the Immuga arrival form.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The airline will want to see the test result at check-in. They are not using the Immuga arrival form.
In my case (Qatar Airways) they just wanted to see the QR matching your passport for one of the passengers.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
In my case (Qatar Airways) they just wanted to see the QR matching your passport for one of the passengers.
In my case, Qatar Airways wanted to see the registration (which was kind of pointless as at the check in point I was more than 24 hours away from The Maldives) and they wanted to see the negative test result.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by rkwn
You can’t enter the airport without showing this
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:35 am

In my case, Qatar Airways wanted to see the registration (which was kind of pointless as at the check in point I was more than 24 hours away from The Maldives) and they wanted to see the negative test result.
Haha, true.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:53 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
The Health Declaration is required at most 24 hours before departure as opposed to 24 hours before arrival. Qatar Airways considers the first flight to count as the "departing" flight even if a subsequent connection is made in DOH.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daniellam
The Health Declaration is required at most 24 hours before departure as opposed to 24 hours before arrival. Qatar Airways considers the first flight to count as the "departing" flight even if a subsequent connection is made in DOH.
That's changed then. When I went earlier this year it clearly said it was valid for 24 hours when you submitted. But would make life simpler as you'd not have to create it enroute.
estnet likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:12 pm

Any idea if i would be able to score 5 night award stay in Dec 1st week so late now ? I have reservations in W Maldives and Ritz Carlton Maldives , but somehow by looking at the videos and reviews ST Regis looks better

If i dont get availability here would you guys recommend Ritz or W ? Flying Maldives for the first time .
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by dip2007
Any idea if i would be able to score 5 night award stay in Dec 1st week so late now ? I have reservations in W Maldives and Ritz Carlton Maldives , but somehow by looking at the videos and reviews ST Regis looks better

If i dont get availability here would you guys recommend Ritz or W ? Flying Maldives for the first time .
definitely rooms and service at regis over W unless you value the marine life and value for money more.

never been to ritz because I don’t know about their benefits to bonvoy elite members
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Ramiraw
definitely rooms and service at regis over W unless you value the marine life and value for money more.

never been to ritz because I don’t know about their benefits to bonvoy elite members
RC don't provide as opposed to StR or W, which could be $100/p/day in such remote locations
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
RC don't provide as opposed to StR or W, which could be $100/p/day in such remote locations
There is an 20% f&b discount at the Ritz, similar to other Marriott resorts in the Maldives.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

For Scuba Diving do you guys recommend St. Regis or W?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:21 am

There is an 20% f&b discount at the Ritz, similar to other Marriott resorts in the Maldives.
free breakfast for ambassador elite on the points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.