Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by David613
Im here now on a gifted reservation from a Ambassador account my butler told me that i don't receive his benefits such as free breakfast and 20% off f&b is this accurate im almost positive when i booked marriot informed me over the phone that im entitled to his benefits
You are not entitled to the benefits from the account booking. Unless that person is also staying in the room.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You are not entitled to the benefits from the account booking. Unless that person is also staying in the room.
Agree.
That was a really expensive misunderstanding with the person that gifted the stay...
Maybe the person that gifted the stay can try to arrange some goodwill gesture via her/his ambassador team with the hotel? Some discounts...
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:48 am

He called the Ambassador team and they will try to arrange something with the hotel so i guess will see
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:36 am

1) I booked the Sunset Overwater villa (room 540) for $350 & 600K points for 7 nights.
2) You need to ask your butler for this deal as they don't advertise it and it must be purchased the day you arrive. You have to prepay for your full stay and can't select it for specific days only.
3) House reef has decent amount of fish and reef sharks. I've heard from others that other Maldivian resorts have better reefs.
4) Not planning on diving,
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
So...if I stay for 5 nights I'll pay 5x300=1.500$ and receive a 1.750$ credit. I can spend this credit on F&B as I prefer during my stay (ex: 1 day 500$, 1 day 200$, 1$ 400$, 1 day 150$, 1 day 500$) or if a day I'll spend less than 350$ (let's say 200$) I'll lose the difference?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone know what is the breakfast benefit for a family of four (kids are 16 and 11)? Lifetime Titanium and staying in a 2Br villa.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:06 am

Exclusive Private Dinners - Whether you want an elevated level of intimacy to compliment your honeymoon experience, a delightful private setting to propose to your special someone or an extra touch of luxury added to your dining experience, our refined private dining arrangements creates timeless memories shared between you and your loved one. We have elevated our options for private dinners to exciting new experiences. The dinners are usually held at our main beach at sunset or at different locations depending on the chosen dinner.

Allow me to go into the pricing details of the Private Dining Experiences.

Starlight Dinner - Relax under the stars as they fill the night sky with a romantic private dining experience set on one of Vommuli Island’s pristine white sand beaches, and surrounded with illuminating candlelight and festive lanterns all with your toes in the sand. With the soothing sounds of the waves crashing along the shoreline, enjoy one of the three beach barbecue style menus that feature a variety of meats, seafood or vegetarian styles, and finish off with a decadent dessert.
Menu 1: Meats & Seafood (Lobster included); $325++ per seating
Menu 2: Seafood (Lobster included); $295++ per seating
Menu 3: Vegetarian or Vegan; $295++ per seating
Minimum two full pay adults per seating, and children under 12 years old receive a 50% discount. Menu selections must be reserved in advance through your personal Butler by 2pm the day of the dinner. One style of menu per seating. *Beverages not included

Vommuli Magic - For an opulent beachside experience with elevated privacy, this luxurious dining setting is arranged within a private hut adorned with fragrant, tropical florals and dreamy candlelight. Before twilight arrives, bask in the magic as the sun sets below the ocean’s horizon, a picturesque background paired with premium Asian and European barbecue style menus featuring international flavors and dishes.
Menu 1: Meats & Seafood (Lobster and Wagyu Beef from Japan included); $395++ per seating
Menu 2: Seafood (Lobster included); $345++ per seating
Menu 3: Vegetarian or Vegan; $345++ per seating
Minimum two full pay adults per seating, and children under 12 years old receive a 50% discount. Menu selections must be reserved in advance through your personal Butler by 2pm the day of the dinner. One style of menu per seating. *Beverages not included

Orientale Express – Available every day except for Thursdays and Sundays - Set on the shores of Orientale Beach, journey through Chinese gastronomy where traditional, perennial dishes are reimagined. Explore the doctrine of the five flavors distinguished by the history of Chinese food culture with one of the two chef-led Chinese omakase selections that includes premium entrees, five-main courses, and dessert to finish.
Menu 1: Meats & Seafood (Lobster included); $325++ per seating
Menu 2: Seafood (Lobster included); $295++ per seating
Menu 3: Vegetarian or Vegan; $295++ per seating

Private Jungle Cinema
Exclusive private cinema in the jungle where you can watch your favorite movie while having your favorite meals. Please be informed this will be a silent cinema experience and headphones will be issued. Kindly be informed that Jungle Cinema is for $295++ per person
rubey419 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Gold Member w/Hilton & Marriott
Originally Posted by pianistic
I'm at the St. Regis Maldives right now. Can confirm the following:
  • Titaniums get 20% off food & beverage (outside of private dining & room service).
  • Titaniums get 10% off spa treatments. They have an amazing ginger iced tea!
  • Food & Beverage Credit - pay $300/night upfront and get $350 in credits per day. If you don't use your $350 credit, you lose it, but it really shouldn't be hard to spend this amount daily.
  • Unlimited glass bottles of water in your room. Would recommend you bring them to lunch/dinner or else you'll pay $14USD for water.
  • No one outside of the St. Regis staff wears a face mask. The only place where face masks are required are in Alba for the breakfast brunch. Otherwise, it feels like we're in pre-COVID times.
  • Everyone gets a bike, including kids *kids bikes are available with training wheels)
  • Little to no mosquitoes. I usually get bit but I have seen them spraying the properly throughout the day.
Let me know if you have any questions I can ask my butler.
Can you ask your butler to provide more details on F&B $350 Credit offer such as:

1) F&B Credit can be used for Breakfast for 2 people?
2) F&B Credit can be used for Lunch/Dinner at Restaurants & In-Room Dinning?
3) Also, F&B Credit can be used at Whale Bar?

Since I'm a Gold Member, I will be paying for Breakfast so I rather use F&B Credit offer to pay for Breakfast & Mini Bar in the room. Also, for Lunch/Dinner at Restaurants.

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: Gold Member w/Hilton & Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
So...if I stay for 5 nights I'll pay 5x300=1.500$ and receive a 1.750$ credit. I can spend this credit on F&B as I prefer during my stay (ex: 1 day 500$, 1 day 200$, 1$ 400$, 1 day 150$, 1 day 500$) or if a day I'll spend less than 350$ (let's say 200$) I'll lose the difference?
Even I would want to know, do we lose the difference if we spend less than $350 per day?

Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
I am really curious how the $350/day works with the 20% F&B credit for plat/titanium
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by njvandy
I am really curious how the $350/day works with the 20% F&B credit for plat/titanium
I haven't been but I think it's pretty straightforward:

You pay at check in, $300/night to get $350/night added to a budget (think of it as a virtual bank account). So 10 night stay you would get 3500 for 3000 out of pocket.

You eat out and get a bill for $100. The 20% is either applied when you receive the bill, or when you charge it to the room (not sure). Either way the net is what is subtracted from your budget, so $80.

It doesn't matter when you use up the $ 3500. You can use it on the first night. You can save it for the last. What you don't use by check out, you loose.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Jay66
I haven't been but I think it's pretty straightforward:

You pay at check in, $300/night to get $350/night added to a budget (think of it as a virtual bank account). So 10 night stay you would get 3500 for 3000 out of pocket.

You eat out and get a bill for $100. The 20% is either applied when you receive the bill, or when you charge it to the room (not sure). Either way the net is what is subtracted from your budget, so $80.

It doesn't matter when you use up the $ 3500. You can use it on the first night. You can save it for the last. What you don't use by check out, you loose.
Did you confirm this? If this is true, that is a great deal. I will find out in 2 weeks when I'm there
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by depsidynamic
Did you confirm this? If this is true, that is a great deal. I will find out in 2 weeks when I'm there
please let me know i still have to wait 10 more weeks
Old Feb 16, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by AnandC
Can you ask your butler to provide more details on F&B $350 Credit offer such as:

1) F&B Credit can be used for Breakfast for 2 people?
2) F&B Credit can be used for Lunch/Dinner at Restaurants & In-Room Dinning?
3) Also, F&B Credit can be used at Whale Bar?

Since I'm a Gold Member, I will be paying for Breakfast so I rather use F&B Credit offer to pay for Breakfast & Mini Bar in the room. Also, for Lunch/Dinner at Restaurants.

Thanks
F&B credit can be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner at the restaurants or via in-room dining. It can also be used at the Whale Bar. Based on my check out today, it looks like they just give you a bulk credit that does not require you to spend you daily allowance all on one day which is nice.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by depsidynamic
I confirmed that your F&B credit is just a bulk credit that does not require you to spend the $350 per day. You can spend $3,500 all in one day if that works for you. Elites also get the 10-20% discount on top of this which is pretty nice (except private dining or in-room dining).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.