Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:20 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Details I received today. Note: I had asked "How is the Marriott Titanium breakfast benefit being honored as I imagine there could be modified dining services/restrictions?" - I read this reply as it is still being honored, but only via menu as no longer a buffet option. If someone else could confirm this, that would be great. Dining: (Quoted)
-Kindly be advised that all of our facilities will be open excluding Orientale and Cargo, even though the two restaurants are closed our chef have included few of hand selected items in the Alba Menu for guest to enjoy more varieties of food. Few more changes are as follows:
-Breakfast is served at Alba with A La’ carte menu, this is to follow the guidelines of Health Protection agency and to maintain social distance

- Gym will be open from morning 06:30 am to 07:30 pm, gym facilities need to be pre-booked to minimized the number of guest using the facility at a given time

- Guest is able to play tennis, however currently we will not have a teaching professional on property.

- Guest is required to wear mask in public places, this is mandatory in accordance with guidelines provided by Health Protection agency, our associates would be providing precautionary measures to be followed at the time of arrival to each facility."

COVID Testing is available on property for those requiring a test to get home:
"Furthermore, please be advised that prior to guest departure, guests are able to perform a PCR test from St. Regis Maldives, our doctor would take the sample and it will be sent to Male’ for laboratory test, results will be provided within 2 days. This Procedure is taken 72 hours prior to your departure date. The PCR test cost USD 203.28 per person."

No response to status of Decanter reservation request or SCUBA activities, yet. Will ask again. That said, I imagine a lot is still being figured out prior to October 1st.

Who will go back first?
If Oriental is closed and all dining is Alba or room service I have to say I don't think I will be rushing back as that was by far the preferred restaurant.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:46 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
If Oriental is closed and all dining is Alba or room service I have to say I don't think I will be rushing back as that was by far the preferred restaurant.
Ditto here as Oriental was our preferred restaurant last year.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC

Good to know. At this point I still am hoping to do the honeymoon - but what dishes etc do you miss the most from Orientale?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Good to know. At this point I still am hoping to do the honeymoon - but what dishes etc do you miss the most from Orientale?
Its not specific dishes its the atmosphere and location is just a lot better than Alba! There is nothing wrong with Alba, but if you have your breakfast there and then evening meal also its repetative and isnt exactly the Maldives setting, more a very nice multi purpose restuarant that you could find in many high end resorts!
fotoflyer88 and VCURamFan like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Its not specific dishes its the atmosphere and location is just a lot better than Alba! There is nothing wrong with Alba, but if you have your breakfast there and then evening meal also its repetative and isnt exactly the Maldives setting, more a very nice multi purpose restuarant that you could find in many high end resorts!
fair enough!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:38 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by AC777300
I'm told from St. Regis Maldives that to transfer to another resort you will need a negative PCR COVID-19 test which they provide 72 hours before departure. $165 plus 23-24% in taxes, surcharges, whatever. So $200ish all in per person for a COVID-19 test. On top of that, looks like the tourism press release for Maldives mentions needing approval from the tourism board for this "split-stay".

Can anyone confirm they've been told the same?

Also, has anyone just had the second resort pick them up at the St. Regis? Second resort options are W Maldives or Westin Maldives. Wondering if they have some cooperation in picking up guests right at the resort saving us transit time.
I just came back from a week in the Maldives but did not stay in a resort, it was a scuba diving live onboard the entire time. I wanted to extend for a few days in a resort so I contacted the ministry of tourism about the split-stay option and here is what I got in return:

Greetings from the Maldives!

Please be informed that as per the current guidelines split stay and as
well as relocation of tourists are not allowed in GENERAL circumstances.

However, under following conditions guests may split bookings. Tourists
may be allowed to travel between two resorts, provided that the
following conditions are fulfilled. The split stay guidelines have been
shared with the resorts and they are to comply with these accordingly.

1.The two resorts do not have reported cases of COVID-19 OR

2.COVID-19 cases exist on the resort however, these are small number of
imported isolated cases or cases which have occurred within a family or
a group of people staying together.

3.There should be no active cases of COVID-19 among the workers or staff
of the resorts. If a case has been reported in a staff, travel will be
permitted only if no further cases are detected among staff for 28 days
after the last case.

4.In a resort where a case of COVID-19 has been detected, HPA (Health
Protection Agency) will determine the status of the resort with regard
to safety of travel to and from the resort after doing the necessary
epidemiological investigations and after assessing the public health
measures taken on the resort (i.e. contact tracing has been completed,
patients isolated and contacts quarantined)

5.In the case of a resort which has been declared as having ongoing
transmission OR community spread of COVID-19, travel of tourists from
the resort to other resorts will be restricted until 28 days from the
time the last case was detected.

6.Tourists must undergo an exit screening prior to travel from the
resort. This is to ensure that a symptomatic person or a person in
quarantine does not exit the resort and travel. The exit screening
questionnaire should document any history of fever or respiratory
symptoms.

7.Tourists are not allowed to travel from a resort to a tourist vessels.
(and vice-versa)

Please note that the above procedures for split stay shall be carried
out BY THE RESORT, with the Ministry of Tourism. Provided all these
guidelines are complied with and the resort follows the procedures,
there shall be no issues in your transfer. It is required that the
resort submits all necessary documents 24-48 hours prior to your
transfer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further inquiries!

Thank you.
Needless to say it was way more work than I was ready to do for just 2 or 3 days in a resort so I just flew back after the cruise. They put us in a day-us hotel for $70 per room from 9am to 5pm. Confined within the hotel, not allowed to go out.

PCR tests are widely available. Even from our boat. Some divers were flying Emirates so needed a negative PCR test in order to fly. The boat just called a nearby island and had medical staff come on board to do the test. Results were then emailed to the boat and printed on the boat. All resorts have a doctor who can do the same. Just make sure to inform the resort in advance so that it can be organized.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:12 pm

More info here:

https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/mlexr

You can pull the MARSHA code for any hotel and add it to the end of that what to expect URL... somewhat helpful!

For Example:
  • Iridium Spa: Open.
  • Infinity Pool: Limited operational hours between 11 am to 6 pm.
  • Socialite: Open.
  • Vommuli Dive & Water Sports Centre: Open.
  • Tennis Court: Closed in October.
  • IVAR Boutique: Open on call request.
  • Saloon: Closed in October and November.
  • Yoga Classes: Closed in October.
  • Blue Hydrotherapy Pool: Service offered only on private basis."
  • ALBA: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We do not offer a breakfast buffet, but will offer an a la carte menu instead.
  • Crust & Craft: Open for lunch.
  • The Whale Bar: Open for dinner. Limited operational hours between 5:30 pm to 8.30 pm.
  • In-Villa Dining: Open for 24 hours.
  • Cargo: Closed. The menu will be served in ALBA restaurant.
  • Orientale: Closed. The menu will be served in ALBA restaurant.
  • Decanter: Open. Only for private dinner.

Might The Whale Bar be the good spot for dinner then rather than Alba?
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Last edited by fotoflyer88; Sep 24, 2020 at 10:19 pm
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:55 pm

If they didn’t change it compared to last year, Whale Bar is not a spot for dinner. You can have drinks and small snacks there around dinner time.
I also stumbled across that when I read the list but don’t think that this is now converted into a proper dinner spot. I am also not sure how that would feel given that there are few real tables but rather lounge chairs and stuff.
fotoflyer88 and Mercier.jf11 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by t3ame
If they didn’t change it compared to last year, Whale Bar is not a spot for dinner. You can have drinks and small snacks there around dinner time.
I also stumbled across that when I read the list but don’t think that this is now converted into a proper dinner spot. I am also not sure how that would feel given that there are few real tables but rather lounge chairs and stuff.
In peak periods they have set up additional tables closer to the bar counter to have a proper dinner service, they had that when I was there last year. I imagine they do something similar again.

The small deck protruding close to the bar counter gets a couple of tables as one of the additional seating areas.
fotoflyer88 and t3ame like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
And I don't necessarily have a problem with requiring PCR tests from arrivals, which gives a bit of extra comfort that things will be safe, but then my challenge (having been thinking about planning a trip to the St Regis sometime this winter) is that getting test results back within 24-48 hours in NYC has very much been the exception, not the rule, but if anyone knows of a place that can reliably provide results more quickly I'd be very interested.
The NYC-operated "Covid Express" clinics are turning around results usually same day. I got results in just over 3 hours and have spoken to others that have seen the same. Get a morning appointment (keep refreshing).

(and it's free)

http://nyc.gov/health/covidexpress
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:09 pm

So they reopen today/tomorrow. Who from FT will be there first?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Ditto here as Oriental was our preferred restaurant last year.
Same, both visits we ate most of our dinners there.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:01 am

Trying to find out if semi-private Decanter dining is still an option ($365++) or if now only fully private is available at a cost of $790++ per person because of COVID... If anyone hears back...

"Please note that Private Decanter is a customized bespoke service and chef will be speaking to you prior to your dinner so we can arrange your dinner and wine pairing in accordance with your taste. Private Decanter is available for USD 790.00 per adult (Subject to 23.2% government tax and service), Once you have provided the dates our team will be more than pleased to book it for you."

Edit: Based on my own post earlier, it does appear to be private only now. $1k pp for Dinner.... $2k per couple... that... that... woof.
Kevin Weldon likes this.

Last edited by fotoflyer88; Oct 2, 2020 at 11:03 pm
Old Oct 8, 2020, 3:01 pm

Anyone know what time of the day new award tickets are released? I called Marriott CS because I was getting an error changing my OWV room rate (their current promo) and they essentially got me to try selecting a different room (Garden Villa) but now, I can't get my original room back. I thought it'd show up on their website as soon as we selected the other room type but it didn't. I have no interest in a Garden Villa so was my mistake to have done that.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise on when I should search for it again so I can get the OWV again. Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by alfredray
Anyone know what time of the day new award tickets are released? I called Marriott CS because I was getting an error changing my OWV room rate (their current promo) and they essentially got me to try selecting a different room (Garden Villa) but now, I can't get my original room back. I thought it'd show up on their website as soon as we selected the other room type but it didn't. I have no interest in a Garden Villa so was my mistake to have done that.

Would appreciate if anyone can advise on when I should search for it again so I can get the OWV again. Thanks
With my stay days away - don’t think I’ll risk losing my OWV over 60k less points unless a CSR agent re-prices it for me on the phone. Definitely not a “well let’s try this hopefully”

Looks like 330ish days out usually.

Did you try desktop computer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.