Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:59 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by friedablass
Wow, those upgrade numbers are eye popping! During my stay which was peak season, an upgrade to STR OWV from GV booked on points was only $75++ bucks per night (or 15k points). Those upgrade prices over the holidays are crazy IMO, but I guess for people who can be there only at that time and want to upgrade they just have to deal with it.
I was pretty happy with 340k points for 5 nights + 1250 total (250 nightly) to upgrade to the 2br SOWV.
friedablass likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:39 pm

Complimentary flight for 6 nights or more in Sep - does it count if it starts in Sep and end in Oct? I'm looking at Sep 29-Oct 5, rate detail mentions about complimentary flight but it shows up at the check out page
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
These IT problems are so draining. I just got the pre- arrival email to share flight details.

This email said I was booked in a Garden Villa, when I had upgraded to SOWV.

I paid for an upgrade with cash last year, receiving the email confirmation, but now I can see the reservation has reverted back to a Garden Villa. No email confirmation of the change of course.

They will fix it but this is absurd.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:25 am

Now things get interesting...Multiple islands in Maldives "locked down" due to the virus. We are scheduled to leave a week from Monday with a layover on the way and arriving next Friday.

What are your thoughts?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Mike Lofrumento
Now things get interesting...Multiple islands in Maldives "locked down" due to the virus. We are scheduled to leave a week from Monday with a layover on the way and arriving next Friday.

What are your thoughts?
My stay is in 3 weeks time, we are all going to have to wait and see.

Mentally I have accepted that the trip is likely to be cancelled, probably from the Maldives imposing further entry restrictions as the virus continues to rapidly grow in Europe and North America.

If you get there before any such restriction is imposed you should be ok, subject to the resort not getting an active infection.

Fingers crossed and good luck.

Last edited by MrM2016; Mar 7, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Old Mar 7, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: Marriott - LT Titanium + Ambassador; DL - Diamond; UA - Platinum

What are your thoughts?
We are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday via Europe. Crossing fingers!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:32 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelerIT
Asked for prices of the mandatory NYE dinner and rooms upgrade (for NYE week). Received a reply with the following prices:

- New year’s Eve Gala dinner: USD1,349.04 per adult (inclusive of 23.2% taxes)

PAID UPGRADES inclusive of taxes (from GV, the only room bookable with points in that week):

- Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 1,232.00 per night;

- Beach Villa with Pool at USD 1,540.00 per night;

- Sunset Overwater Villa with Pool at USD 1,848.00 per night.

Honestly, I don’t know if it’s worth to pay a minimum of 8.624 USD for the upgrade…! :-S

Seaplane + NYE dinner (for 2) is already a 4.188,08 USD. Then you obviously have to consider 6 more dinner and other F&B expenses, spa, activities, …!

All these things in addition of the 600k points for 7 nights.
Deleted

Last edited by HaleiwaFlyer; Mar 12, 2020 at 8:35 pm Reason: deleted
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:11 am

We canceled after the Kurelu issues. Trying to figure out when to rebook!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:16 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Just checked out. WIll share a full review.

As far as coronavirus, it's certainly the chatter around the island, but no issues at the St. Regis yet. No special precautions or accommodations either.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:23 pm

We canceled after the Kurelu issues. Trying to figure out when to rebook!
Did they charge you a cancellation penalty since you were <30 days out?

Something of a moot point now the global Marriott policy has changed, but keen to assess what battles I'm likely to face in getting my cash upgrades back on a points booking, if I have to cancel.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Did they charge you a cancellation penalty since you were <30 days out?

Something of a moot point now the global Marriott policy has changed, but keen to assess what battles I'm likely to face in getting my cash upgrades back on a points booking, if I have to cancel.
No issues at all.

To go even further, at the time I canceled Oman wasnt on the countries where free cancelation was allowed and we booked a layover at the W in Muscat and they refunded my advance payment rates too with no questions asked.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:51 pm

No issues at all.

To go even further, at the time I canceled Oman wasnt on the countries where free cancelation was allowed and we booked a layover at the W in Muscat and they refunded my advance payment rates too with no questions asked.
That's encouraging to know, thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am

Had a good stay - very strong soft product and while rooms look to be having some wear theyre still in very good shape.

Sunset overwater villa was great with the pool at perfect temperature and relatively private when sitting on the deck. Views from the room during the day and at sunset were amazing.

Water is very blue and wasnt choppy. Was about 8 feet deep for most of the day from the villa. Sometimes in the morning it was probably closer to 5 or 6 feet deep. If you cant swim its a problem, but I guess I wouldnt come here if I couldnt. Compared to videos from JW this was an absolute no brainer.

One thing that really amazed me was the whale bar crowd to get a free 1/3 of a glass of champagne at the sundown sabering and the amount of people who brought water bottles from the room to dinner instead of paying for water at dinner. Thought the crowd at a $1000+ a night resort wouldnt be that cheap, but gotta save money where you can I suppose.

Sounds like a ritz is opening at the end of the year. Wonder how it will compare.

https://www.maldivesdirect.com/defau...d=1001&rno=976
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Had a good stay - very strong soft product and while rooms look to be having some wear theyre still in very good shape.

Sunset overwater villa was great with the pool at perfect temperature and relatively private when sitting on the deck. Views from the room during the day and at sunset were amazing.

Water is very blue and wasnt choppy. Was about 8 feet deep for most of the day from the villa. Sometimes in the morning it was probably closer to 5 or 6 feet deep. If you cant swim its a problem, but I guess I wouldnt come here if I couldnt. Compared to videos from JW this was an absolute no brainer.

One thing that really amazed me was the whale bar crowd to get a free 1/3 of a glass of champagne at the sundown sabering and the amount of people who brought water bottles from the room to dinner instead of paying for water at dinner. Thought the crowd at a $1000+ a night resort wouldnt be that cheap, but gotta save money where you can I suppose.

Sounds like a ritz is opening at the end of the year. Wonder how it will compare.

https://www.maldivesdirect.com/defau...d=1001&rno=976
I am sorry I think a lot of people who have made the money to be able to afford staying at a $1000 a night resort are intelligent enough to know they are being ripped of when the charge for a bottle of water is so high for 'premium' water with dinner but happy to drink the normal water given in the room the rest of the time. If the resort offered the standard water in the evenings at a reasonable rate I am sure people would accept that, but just because I can afford it doesn't mean I suddenly become stupid and gullible at dinner!

As for the champagne sabering, I agree more on this and we actually generally enjoyed a bottle of wine or cocktails and viewed the sabering and offering of champagne as a nice way to bring people together at a resort where people generally hide away in the rooms quite a lot. Plus for those not in sunset villas it's a pretty good spot to watch the sunset!
friedablass, meehgz and jjakobv84 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I am sorry I think a lot of people who have made the money to be able to afford staying at a $1000 a night resort are intelligent enough to know they are being ripped of when the charge for a bottle of water is so high for 'premium' water with dinner but happy to drink the normal water given in the room the rest of the time. If the resort offered the standard water in the evenings at a reasonable rate I am sure people would accept that, but just because I can afford it doesn't mean I suddenly become stupid and gullible at dinner!

As for the champagne sabering, I agree more on this and we actually generally enjoyed a bottle of wine or cocktails and viewed the sabering and offering of champagne as a nice way to bring people together at a resort where people generally hide away in the rooms quite a lot. Plus for those not in sunset villas it's a pretty good spot to watch the sunset!

Ill admit it does seem like a cash grab that they offer free iced water at the breakfast buffet and then charge something like $15 at dinner for a smallish bottle of premium water, just seemed funny to watch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.