Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by spellbound2
We’re in the Maldives now and will update this stay later. Perfect weather!
What is the feel that you're getting out there with regard to coronavirus? Posted in the Emirates thread as well as we're scheduled to fly out with them this week but my spouse is freaking out and needs reassurance.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
What is the feel that you're getting out there with regard to coronavirus? Posted in the Emirates thread as well as we're scheduled to fly out with them this week but my spouse is freaking out and needs reassurance.
I would have zero worries about flying Emirates from Europe/US via Dubai to the Maldives nor about going to a resort in the Maldives.

The likelihood of travelling with anyone coming from highly affected regions is very low. China has banned most outbound travel for tourist reasons, and a number of countries have put restrictions on travel from China. I realise that the media's fear mongering to get clicks and sell their stories are not helping much, but outside of China the risks are still very very low. You should probably be more worried about catching the flu in this season.

Despite the cases that have travelled from China to countries abroad on scheduled flights, there are no reports of any people catching the Corona virus on planes. And the number of people catching it outside of China is extremely low, almost all cases reported outside of China are people who got infected in China and travelled abroad.

That does not mean you should ignore what is going on. Follow the (reliable) news sources, check what the CDC and European health agencies are advising, behave sensibly during the trip, adapt if the situation changes between now and when you are going to travel.

And most importantly, enjoy your time and the St Regis.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Thanks CPH-Flyer ! That was definitely of help . We're leaving Tuesday a.m. so I don't think much will change until then.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
Thanks CPH-Flyer ! That was definitely of help . We're leaving Tuesday a.m. so I don't think much will change until then.
Your risk levels just dropped a bit. As it is from CNN's ticker, I can't post an exact link for you to show to your wife.

Maldives to deny entry to passengers arriving from mainland China

From journalist Isaac Yee in Hong Kong
The Maldivian government has announced a series of new precautionary measures against the Wuhan coronavirus that include denying entry for passengers arriving from mainland China.

In a statement released on Sunday, the Maldives Civil Aviation Authority said that airlines and aircraft operating flights to the Maldives shall suspend the carriage of passengers originating or transiting through mainland China. The new measure took effect today and will be enforced until further notice.

In 2019, Chinese tourists accounted for 16.7% of all tourist arrivals to the Maldives, according to the country's Ministry of Tourism
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Wow. When I was there, there were lots of Chinese guests due to the Chinese New Year. Management also confirmed that Chinese and Russians are the largest groups of the guests for them. Wondering how much that will affect their occupancy...
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Wow. When I was there, there were lots of Chinese guests due to the Chinese New Year. Management also confirmed that Chinese and Russians are the largest groups of the guests for them. Wondering how much that will affect their occupancy...
Look out for some bargains in the coming months....
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:20 am

We noticed hardly anyone at the hotel when leaving and they said it’s slow now and all hotels are down 50% due to no Chinese visiting the Maldives. It’s so much different in a few days.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:12 am

Here now if anyone else is and wants to get a drink this week!

Re coronavirus, I arrived this morning (Feb 3) and there was a supplemental form at immigration specific to the coronavirus requiring declaration of travel to China in the past 14 days. Transit in HKG must be fine as I routed my husband through HKG and he was fine at immigration.

Last edited by meehgz; Feb 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:29 pm

How is the Half Board dinner menu at this resort? If you had the option to choose, would you take a $100 food and beverage credit per adult per day, or half board meals for dinner? Alba Breakfast buffet is included either way. I am thinking the $100 F&B credit because it would give me more flexibility and can order anything on the menu as opposed to their limited menu correct?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:38 pm

We’re arriving there this Thursday and staying for a week, anyone there with little kids? We have a 2 year old with us that needs entertainment 😅
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aldinho
How is the Half Board dinner menu at this resort? If you had the option to choose, would you take a $100 food and beverage credit per adult per day, or half board meals for dinner? Alba Breakfast buffet is included either way. I am thinking the $100 F&B credit because it would give me more flexibility and can order anything on the menu as opposed to their limited menu correct?
I would go the the 100 USD F&B credit. Though I don]t know the halfboard menu, I am quite sure it will cut you off from the more interesting dinner options. While it will probably be a more expensive option, it will also be the far better option to go for the F&B credit.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My gf said most dishes were included in the halfboard option, also expensive options. There was a footnote in the menu for those that were excluded - all lobster options for example.
I myself didn't look at the menu so closely, so can't really comment. I personally would probably go with half board, but of course YMMV. You might want to ask the hotel to send over a copy of a menu to decide.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
My gf said most dishes were included in the halfboard option, also expensive options. There was a footnote in the menu for those that were excluded - all lobster options for example.
I myself didn't look at the menu so closely, so can't really comment. I personally would probably go with half board, but of course YMMV. You might want to ask the hotel to send over a copy of a menu to decide.
​​​​​​
Where all of the restaurants include (Decanter of course not)?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:19 am

I don’t know. My girl-friend just mentioned the footnote in the menu to me at Orientale. But I would really recommend everyone who is interested in the half board option to reach out to the hotel to get a binding answer. They’re usually really responsive.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:10 am

Pre auth at st regis

Greetings everyone , sending my folks to this resort will be on points , how much pre authorization per night does st regis maldives do ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.